+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

tdubokchoi

May 7, 2015
tdubokchoi said:
Update
Here's the background, my husband's South Korean, we applied Inland with Open Work Permit.
Received AOR December 19. Called CIC to ask agent to check OWP. Agent said can't put in our App# to check OWP in the system, must wait 4 months. Waited 4 months, called again, they punched in our App# in their system and said OWP hasn't started being processed. Reason was they couldn't figure out what his status in Canada was, so they assumed it was invalid. They put it aside to wait for a confirmation of his status. (I don't know for a fact, but if they had checked when I called 4 months ago, they could see this problem from the beginning.) Yes, we sent them the date of entry stamp into Canada. Yes, we assumed they should know, since he's South Korean, visitors are allowed to stay for up to 6 months without a "paper visa". No, they didn't email or call us to let us know that there was something wrong with his status/application. CIC was waiting. We were waiting. Case agent made a wrong judgement call. Nothing was being done. The only reason we know any of this is because we called CIC on our own.

The solution? We went to see our MP. Our MP stated it's not our error, we did everything right, it's a GOOD thing we called. They're going to do everything to get our OWP App processed as a priority. After we left, within an hour, they called us back and told us that the CIC office in Mississauga also admits it's a very rare mistake but this is an error that should NEVER have happened and that they are fixing it now. Due to this error, they are expediting our OWP and we'll get a call by Tuesday next week after the long holiday for another update.

I HIGHLY suggest contacting your MP if you can, in this case, doing things on our own didn't produce as good of results as getting the MP's help.

This is info for you all to use, in case you have also waited too long, you may run into the same agent error issue as us. Good luck everyone! Will let you all know when we get our OWP.
Help!

We spoke to our MP, they said they called CIC and we're to get a response on Tuesday May 19 (yesterday). We didn't so I called the MP's office again. They said to wait for CIC to call them back, then the MP's office will call us back. The thing is, my husband is from a visa exempt country, South Korea, so there shouldn't be any issues. So shouldn't they just process our OWP and send it so us? Is there nothing else we can do on our end? Any advice suggestions tips or pointers would be wonderful. We've been waiting for more than 6 months for the OWP. I really want to do as much as I can to get this process going.

wifedoctor

Apr 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
02-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
Can anyone advise me on how long it took to get an AOr from submission? and how long to ECAS to be activated?

Thanks!

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Hello people i need help.I send my aplication with owp they received last friday.My work permit(lmo) expire 30 of may and my hr told me they can keep me on work(they call cic)what i can do because i dont think that my hr knows what to ask cic,hr also told me that i need to apply for visitor visa and im.not in imploed status.Please help.Thank you.

wifedoctor

Apr 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
02-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
Caribou said:
usually 2-3 days
That doesn't make sense, my application was received over 3 weeks ago and i still haven't heard a thing!

May 20, 2015
Hey all,

Here's my timeline:

Date application delivered to CIC: May 19th
Date AOR email Received: Not yet received
Country of Origin: United Kingdom
Canadian City of Residence: Fredericton NB
OWP sent (w/ application?) YES
Medical done (w/ application?) YES
Police check done (w/ application?)YES

tdubokchoi

May 7, 2015
tdubokchoi said:
Hi Sophie, please add me too!

Applied for Inland sponsorship
Application sent: Nov 5, 2014
AOR received: Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office: Mississauga
Country of origin: South Korea
Canada city of residence: Edmonton, AB
Current status: Implied w/ OWP
OWP: sent with app, waiting

Thank you!
Hi Sophiee, can you pls update the spreadsheet?

Medical done (w/ application?) YES
Police check done (w/ application?) YES

Appreciate it!
Thank you!

kimzie

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
1st AOR March 29, 2015; 2nd AOR May 7, 2015
wifedoctor said:
Can anyone advise me on how long it took to get an AOr from submission? and how long to ECAS to be activated?

Thanks!
Hi, there's no specific timeline for the AOR. Some people get it after a few weeks and some people don't. some has OWP issued already but doesn't have the aor yet..
And with regards to ECAS, once they started processing your application and send you the AOR for the sponsor, that's the only time you can access it.
goodluck!

candy_lite

Sep 10, 2011
Hi. I hope somebody can give me inputs on this.

I am on trv right now here in Canada with my husband who is Canadian citizen. We will apply for our permanent visa soon. The thing is our kids are still in the Philippines. Can we send all the applications inland?

Thank you very much.

kimzie

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
candy_lite said:
Hi. I hope somebody can give me inputs on this.

I am on trv right now here in Canada with my husband who is Canadian citizen. We will apply for our permanent visa soon. The thing is our kids are still in the Philippines. Can we send all the applications inland?

Thank you very much.
so you are on a tourist visa right? you can apply from within canada if that's what you wanna do but since your kids are in the philippines you won't be able to see them until you get your Permanent residency.i think it is better if you do an outland application. you can submit the outland even if you are here in canada. and since you have a tourist visa, you can just visit your husband once in awhile.

kimzie

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
mirko86 said:
Hello people i need help.I send my aplication with owp they received last friday.My work permit(lmo) expire 30 of may and my hr told me they can keep me on work(they call cic)what i can do because i dont think that my hr knows what to ask cic,hr also told me that i need to apply for visitor visa and im.not in imploed status.Please help.Thank you.
hello, what is your current work permit? coz if your existing work permit is renewable, you will be automatically on implied status since your work permit is still valid and you can still work in the same company until you get the decision for your OWP application. good luck

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
kimzie said:
hello, what is your current work permit? coz if your existing work permit is renewable, you will be automatically on implied status since your work permit is still valid and you can still work in the same company until you get the decision for your OWP application. good luck
Im working in hotel,i came to canada on lmo 2yrs ago.Im not on working holiday or something similar,i found jobfrom home.Thank you

VN

May 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2015
Ponga said:
If you do not currently have a work permit, you can include an OWP with your Inland application. It will be approximately 15 months before CIC even processes your OWP (based on the current processing times) because you are not eligible for the OWP until you have AIP (Approval In Principle)...which takes 15 months right now.

The other person already has a valid work permit and therefore has a different `path' for their OWP.
I intend to apply inland for my wife along with the OWP, but reading the above reply has me super scared.....

Are you saying that to get the OWP is 15 months and not the 4 months it states on the CIC website?? Because if that is the case then I might as well apply outland so that atleast my wife can have a job!

VN

May 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2015
Can someone here please let mne know whether the CIC website time line of 27 months for Inland applicants is accurate? Seems too long.....

danny87

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 08-07-2015, Received 24-08-2015
AOR Received.
29-03-2015 + 07-05-2015 & OWP rec'd: 19-05-2015, SA: 17-03-2016 & DM: 18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront, extended for 1yr by CIC
Med's Done....
26-11-2014
Interview........
Inland
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
VN said:
I intend to apply inland for my wife along with the OWP, but reading the above reply has me super scared.....

Are you saying that to get the OWP is 15 months and not the 4 months it states on the CIC website?? Because if that is the case then I might as well apply outland so that atleast my wife can have a job!
No, this is incorrect. When the sponsored person is "in status" as either a vistor, worker or student at the moment the Inland application is received by CIC and it's the PR app. including the OWP app. the sponsored person is considered eligible for the OWP pilot which should be issued within 4 months.

I submitted my application the 3rd of March and received my OWP the 19th of May!! However as a note, I already had an OWP at the moment of submitting the application. So it might have been this fast since it was just a type of extension for me. However I read from a lot of people they have their OWP issued within the 4 months CIC states.