Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
tdubokchoi said:
Help!

We spoke to our MP, they said they called CIC and we're to get a response on Tuesday May 19 (yesterday). We didn't so I called the MP's office again. They said to wait for CIC to call them back, then the MP's office will call us back. The thing is, my husband is from a visa exempt country, South Korea, so there shouldn't be any issues. So shouldn't they just process our OWP and send it so us? Is there nothing else we can do on our end? Any advice suggestions tips or pointers would be wonderful. We've been waiting for more than 6 months for the OWP. I really want to do as much as I can to get this process going.
Unfortunately there is nothing you can do but calling your MP / calling the call centre.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
chrisisincanada said:
Hey all,

Here's my timeline:

Date application delivered to CIC: May 19th
Date AOR email Received: Not yet received
Country of Origin: United Kingdom
Canadian City of Residence: Fredericton NB
OWP sent (w/ application?) YES
Medical done (w/ application?) YES
Police check done (w/ application?)YES
Thanks for sharing, I've added you!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
candy_lite said:
Hi. I hope somebody can give me inputs on this.

I am on trv right now here in Canada with my husband who is Canadian citizen. We will apply for our permanent visa soon. The thing is our kids are still in the Philippines. Can we send all the applications inland?

Thank you very much.
As kimzie said, if you apply inland you won't be able to see your kids till the end of process. But if you apply outland, and travel back to the Philippines, you may not get an other turist way, so this way you can't be with your spouse till the end of the process. Check the processing times, and also check out the Transit without a visa program before you make a decision.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
jesty195 said:
Hello Sophie,

Please update my timeline. OWP was received on May 12 2015.

Thank you. Good luck to everyone!
Congrats! :)

candy_lite

Sep 10, 2011
sophieee said:
As kimzie said, if you apply inland you won't be able to see your kids till the end of process. But if you apply outland, and travel back to the Philippines, you may not get an other turist way, so this way you can't be with your spouse till the end of the process. Check the processing times, and also check out the Transit without a visa program before you make a decision.

Thank you for your reply. Yes I am aware of that only confused as to where my kids application would be sent since I am applying inside Canada.

candy_lite

Sep 10, 2011
kimzie said:
so you are on a tourist visa right? you can apply from within canada if that's what you wanna do but since your kids are in the philippines you won't be able to see them until you get your Permanent residency.i think it is better if you do an outland application. you can submit the outland even if you are here in canada. and since you have a tourist visa, you can just visit your husband once in awhile.
Thanks for the input.

When we entered Canada this time as tourist, the immigration officer made a comment that we should apply for family class already and asked questions as to why we have not filed for pr. That's why we decided to submit our applications soon for inland. I was just confused about where to send my kids application since they are still outside Canada. But as I read more, I found out that their applications can be sent with mine here inside Canada.

can_aussie

Sep 2, 2014
Hello guys,

I have read somewhere in this thread that we need to send form IMM 0008DEP even if you have no dependants.

But as per form 5491 , checklist it only need to be completed if its applicable.

This is confusing me :-\, please reply what should be the best here. Should we need to send this form ?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
can_aussie said:
Hello guys,

I have read somewhere in this thread that we need to send form IMM 0008DEP even if you have no dependants.

But as per form 5491 , checklist it only need to be completed if its applicable.

This is confusing me :-\, please reply what should be the best here. Should we need to send this form ?
I personally didn't send it, I think it's not needed. But if you send it, make sure to put a big N/A on the paper, don't left it blank.

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
mirko86 said:
Hello people i need help.I send my aplication with owp they received last friday.My work permit(lmo) expire 30 of may and my hr told me they can keep me on work(they call cic)what i can do because i dont think that my hr knows what to ask cic,hr also told me that i need to apply for visitor visa and im.not in imploed status.Please help.Thank you.
I need help ,please :(

Diarraye

Jul 22, 2014
Hi Sophie: like I told last time my wife request to withdraw my sponsor she called back to Cic to reverse the withdrawal everything is good now they confirm that withdraw is undo and they will continue to process my application, but I'm worri about my approval for permanent residence for that matter I want know if hiring immigration lawyer or contacting my MP for that issue will help me more for application. Thanks Sophie in advance for your advice.

kimzie

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
1st AOR March 29, 2015; 2nd AOR May 7, 2015
mirko86 said:
I need help ,please :(
You said you were on a working permit with LMO before right? Temporary foreign worker? so since you've already applied for OWP thru the inland spousal sponsorship, you will be automatically on implied status since you applied before your status expires and can continue working in the same employer.

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
kimzie said:
You said you were on a working permit with LMO before right? Temporary foreign worker? so since you've already applied for OWP thru the inland spousal sponsorship, you will be automatically on implied status since you applied before your status expires and can continue working in the same employer.
Yes i know.But hr told me that i cant :( i try to call cic but always waiting ,i dont know what are my options now?