Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17 2015
AOR Received.
AOR Sponsor-June 11, 2015, AOR Applicant -December 11,2015
Med's Done....
Filed with Application
Wow that was fast. I sent ours on April 16, and Purolater delivered on April 17. Hopefully that means I will get one next week.

Sophie: Do you think that is a possibility? Is that how they process?

GGWIFE: with your OWP did you have an LMIA? My spouse had an approved LMIA therefore we hope that will expedite the work permit.

Now I am a bit worried since on the Purolater Envelope Label I did not put Spousal Sponsorship, but only labelled on the 2 envelopes inside ???

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
MariMari7 said:
Wow that was fast. I sent ours on April 16, and Purolater delivered on April 17. Hopefully that means I will get one next week.

GGWIFE: with your OWP did you have an LMIA? My spouse had an approved LMIA therefore we hope that will expedite the work permit.

Now I am a bit worried since on the Purolater Envelope Label I did not put Spousal Sponsorship, but only labelled on the 2 envelopes inside ???
Before the transfer to Mississauga (in January, 2014) CIC send the AOR after around one month, so it would be the "normal" process.
Unfortunately the LMIA won't speed up the process, because you are waiting for someone to take a look at your application, so it doesn't matter if you have something extra in it. But it looks like that they are able to send an OWP after 2-3 months of receiving.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Is anyone interested in helping me managing the spreadsheet?

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
MariMari7 said:

Nope I did not have LMIA, I just applied for OWP. Looking at the other applicants on the XLS file -who recently have received OWP under the pilot program- it seems they were getting not long after AOR...Just as Sophieee said the process seemed to be sped up so I am curious too how long it will take after AOR to get OWP

BTW we did not label my app on the outside of the envelope saying that it is Spousal Sponsorship.
I just wrote Case Processing Center and the address. I had the OWP app along with the sponsorship package in the very same envelop as well. I just created a separate little package for the OWP for the agents to be able to separate the two if needed. But as I said I sent the two together and didn't indicate on the outside of the envelope that it is for spouse sponsorship. So don't worry:)

Ines86

Mar 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
I just need advise from you guys.

I got today a letter from CIC Mississauga that I have to send a copy of my passport. Mine expired last month and I got a new one.
I send already the copy of it on April 6th to CIC Mississauga and they received it a few days later. The letter from CIC is dated April 29th. Do I have to send it again to be on the safe site? I will try to phone them tomorrow morning but I am sure that they can not help me in that case.

kimzie

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
1st AOR March 29, 2015; 2nd AOR May 7, 2015
Ines86 said:
I just need advise from you guys.

I got today a letter from CIC Mississauga that I have to send a copy of my passport. Mine expired last month and I got a new one.
I send already the copy of it on April 6th to CIC Mississauga and they received it a few days later. The letter from CIC is dated April 29th. Do I have to send it again to be on the safe site? I will try to phone them tomorrow morning but I am sure that they can not help me in that case.
you should send it again.. It's ok to resend it than to delay your processing just incase they didn't have the one that you sent last april 6. Better to be safe than sorry.

Ines86

Mar 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
kimzie said:
you should send it again.. It's ok to resend it than to delay your processing just incase they didn't have the one that you sent last april 6. Better to be safe than sorry.

You are right better save than sorry. I will send it all again and then they will have it twice.

MariMari7

Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17 2015
AOR Received.
AOR Sponsor-June 11, 2015, AOR Applicant -December 11,2015
Med's Done....
Filed with Application
Hey Everyone;

Are you receiving your AOR's by email or mail? If by email is it sent to the sponsor or applicant.

Thank you ;)

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
MariMari7 said:
Hey Everyone;

Are you receiving your AOR's by email or mail? If by email is it sent to the sponsor or applicant.

Thank you ;)
AOR comes by email to the sponsor. If you get it at all.

nickolas_ua

Sep 11, 2014
hey, we sent our application march 12. still waiting for AOR ??? looking at the timeline sheet, march applicants already got their AOR... does it worth giving CIC a call...

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
nickolas_ua said:
hey, we sent our application march 12. still waiting for AOR ??? looking at the timeline sheet, march applicants already got their AOR... does it worth giving CIC a call...
My AOR took 10 months.

Unfortunately it's almost never worth giving CIC a call. Especially not this early on, it hasn't even been 2 months yet.
If you want real information you should contact your MP and get them to file an inquiry, but I'd give it a bit more time.

shashank6590

Nov 23, 2011
Hi Everyone I have a question

I applied my application for inland in Feburary and when i checked today the status it show like this....

Sponsorship

We received your application to sponsor ........ on February 18, 2015.

We started processing your application on April 30, 2015.

Permanent Residence

We received ............... application for permanent residence on February 18, 2015.

Medical results have been received.

So is it good the the spouse application is in process.How much time does it take after this status...Thanks

chris1302

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
They ask only for the email but I would do both just be on the safe side - print-sign-scan-email and also mail it.
So we can scan the signed copies and attach in an email?

question regarding form IMM 5406, is my husband (the applicant) only putting his parents names and sisters (even though they are not coming to canada, not ever intending to come). For some reason we got this form returned, but everything was filled out properly, his name, me (the sponsor) parents names, and sisters?
Any help?
Thank guys :)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
chris1302 said:
So we can scan the signed copies and attach in an email?

question regarding form IMM 5406, is my husband (the applicant) only putting his parents names and sisters (even though they are not coming to canada, not ever intending to come). For some reason we got this form returned, but everything was filled out properly, his name, me (the sponsor) parents names, and sisters?
Any help?
Thank guys :)
Yes, I would scan and attach, but also snail mail the original.

Did you put N/A in every section that's not applicable? For example if he hasn't got any children you should put N/A in the first row. If you did that and sign and dated than I have no idea what could have been the problem.