Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
DRFalberta said:
Hello folks!!!
I'm my way to apply. But my case is soo complicated that is letting me soooo worried to do it by myself...
So, I decided to try find some help here, have lot pf questions... I'm so lost!!!
I'm out of status and pregnant, so I need to hurry my process as fast as possible... I married February this year and we're are living together since 2013... he get his PR january this year.
- What type os relationship proof that can I provide to CIC? Social media chat and skype conversations are valid? Txt messages by phone? We don't are too much photo people, all this time we have just some pictures together... in that case, I thing the rent contratc and jointed bank account is the more valuable we have...
- Should I do the medical report even pregant?
- How I proceed in case to be out of status?
- You guys think is valid to pay more than 1500 to put in a representative's hands to help me?
- I'm sorry to sound without information, is just I'm a kind a desperate cus the process take so much stuff that is getting me very confused... :-\
TIA; I really appreciate any help!!
First of all, read the FAQ from my signature.
As for your other questions:
- you can't complete the medical so maybe it's the best to wait
- a lawyer or a consultant can spare you some time at the beginning if you don't want to read everything and know too much about the process. The forms are the same, you need to provide every information, you won't have a stronger case and after you sent your package there is no difference, the waiting time is the same.

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
sophieee said:
I think the best way if you can get a written confirmation from CIC (through your MP) that you are eligible to work under implied status.

How to get this confirmation?Thanks

Aplicant

Apr 30, 2015
kimzie said:
Hi krlee, we are on the same boat. What I did based on what the other applicants do, i submitted the new form plus the extra $100 fee. since we received an AOR we just sent a letter of explanation and indicated the application number. Goodluck
Here! In am the same boat...
after I received the AOR send the missing payment with my file number and client number.

Please let me know if the additional payment went well or they return your file...or ask for the additional payment....

Thanks!

Katerina07

Feb 14, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Finally sent my application out today! :D

DRFalberta

Apr 29, 2015
sophieee said:
First of all, read the FAQ from my signature.
As for your other questions:
- you can't complete the medical so maybe it's the best to wait
- a lawyer or a consultant can spare you some time at the beginning if you don't want to read everything and know too much about the process. The forms are the same, you need to provide every information, you won't have a stronger case and after you sent your package there is no difference, the waiting time is the same.
Ok, this I gotta it.
So, reading the FAQ I understand that I need to restore my status. Can I apply all together (PR, OWP and Restore of status?).
In the checklist, they mention out of status documentation, what is this about? Do you know about it?
Thank you very much!

marketa06

Feb 26, 2015
Hi all,

I have a question about how UCI works. I already got my UCI a year ago as I came in Canada on a work permit, so I used this UCI on my PR and OWP applications because I read that you get the UCI just once in your life and you're going to use it in any other CIC application. But now that I received AOR, UCI is a totally different number than I indicated in the applications. I guess that is going to create some problems right? Anybody has any experience in this? I'm going to call the Call center anyways, I just wanted to know if somebody knows something about this.

Thanks!

drjd

Apr 21, 2015
marketa06 said:
Hi all,

I have a question about how UCI works. I already got my UCI a year ago as I came in Canada on a work permit, so I used this UCI on my PR and OWP applications because I read that you get the UCI just once in your life and you're going to use it in any other CIC application. But now that I received AOR, UCI is a totally different number than I indicated in the applications. I guess that is going to create some problems right? Anybody has any experience in this? I'm going to call the Call center anyways, I just wanted to know if somebody knows something about this.

Thanks!
The AOR will reference your sponsors UCI. Your UCI is the same.

marketa06

Feb 26, 2015
drjd said:
The AOR will reference your sponsors UCI. Your UCI is the same.
Oh, good to know. I was just afraid that they would put my PR app under my sponsor's UCI and my OWP app under my UCI.. If they then work on my OWP app, they wouldn't be able to "merge" both apps together I guess.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
marketa06 said:
Oh, good to know. I was just afraid that they would put my PR app under my sponsor's UCI and my OWP app under my UCI.. If they then work on my OWP app, they wouldn't be able to "merge" both apps together I guess.
My understanding is that both of your UCIs are connected to the PR app.

Vaza3D

May 23, 2014
Question to you guys:

I applied for the PR + OWP already. My current PGWP expires in a month, then I go into Implied Status. What happens if for some reason my application is returned and I need to re apply - am I still eligible for the OWP pilot program?

Essentially, is applying while on Implied Status considered to be an 'out of status application'?

- Is it safer to change status to visitor and not go into implied status. just in case the app gets returned? And if yes, then does the fact that you changed the status to visitor affect getting the OWP, in case it is actually on the way and becoming a worker?

Thank you!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Vaza3D said:
Question to you guys:

I applied for the PR + OWP already. My current PGWP expires in a month, then I go into Implied Status. What happens if for some reason my application is returned and I need to re apply - am I still eligible for the OWP pilot program?
You will be out of status and you will have 90 days from the day your PGWP expired to apply for restoration of status.

Vaza3D said:
Essentially, is applying while on Implied Status considered to be an 'out of status application'?
I think it's a tricky one. If your OWP will be approved, than you had valid, implied status. If you send a temporary resident application while you supposed to be on implied status, but your OWP app will be denied - therefore your implied status would be void - than it might be considered that the second time you applied without status and it will be denied. I'm not sure about that.

Vaza3D said:
- Is it safer to change status to visitor and not go into implied status. just in case the app gets returned? And if yes, then does the fact that you changed the status to visitor affect getting the OWP, in case it is actually on the way and becoming a worker?

Thank you!
If you are absolutely sure that you used the most recent forms and signed everything at the right place than I think you shouldn't apply for visitor visa. But if you want, you can, it wouldn't affect your OWP app. But it could affect your implied status - if you would be eligible to work during this period, you might not be anymore. And definitely not after you get your visitor visa, if that one comes first. But even with the PGWP-OWP, you may not be eligible to work during implied status.

Vanessa313

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2015
Med's Request
March 2016
Med's Done....
March 2016
Has anyone received an AOR without an UCI number just the file application number is on ours.

Vaza3D

May 23, 2014
Thanks for the reply Sophiee!

After asking this question, I thought of a pretty ok solution:

Right now I'm not going to change to visitor. I'm pretty sure the app is fine and won't be returned, but even if it does (then my implied status is over) - I will apply for visitor THEN, and re apply for the PR, and so will be eligible for the OWP program.

BTW, I decided not to take any chances and not work on my Implied Status, the 2 months that I won't have OWP are not worth the risk :)

What do you think?