+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Favour of God

Aug 20, 2014
Hi All,
Just a quick question, i hold a postgraduate work permit which still valid till early next year but with the way the processing time is growing bigger everyday by day, am planning to apply for OWP cos i didn't include it when i applied for spousal sponsorship last year august. i just want to confirm the fee i am to pay for the application.
I read somewhere that i will pay two fees
Work permit (including extensions) - $155
Open work permit Holder fee - $100

Thanks

chris1302

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband and I sent for PR application Jan 14/2015.
We received an email on March 13/2015 stating that the application was received on Jan 15/2015.
So we are now hoping he will get the OWP soon...keeping our fingers crossed.

anyone else here heard anything?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Favour of God said:
Hi All,
Just a quick question, i hold a postgraduate work permit which still valid till early next year but with the way the processing time is growing bigger everyday by day, am planning to apply for OWP cos i didn't include it when i applied for spousal sponsorship last year august. i just want to confirm the fee i am to pay for the application.

Thanks
Yes, that's it!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
chris1302 said:
My husband and I sent for PR application Jan 14/2015.
We received an email on March 13/2015 stating that the application was received on Jan 15/2015.
So we are now hoping he will get the OWP soon...keeping our fingers crossed.

anyone else here heard anything?
I'm sorry, but since your OWP was returned, I don't think that you will get it soon. But it's good news that you received AOR. Did you send them a new application for OWP?

chris1302

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
I'm sorry, but since your OWP was returned, I don't think that you will get it soon. But it's good news that you received AOR. Did you send them a new application for OWP?
It actually was not returned. I was so shocked that I did not notice that they form they returned was 5708 (it was the application for visa ext.)which I sent as proof with the inland app and OWP that he we did sent the extention on time. I guess the agent who opened it, decided to return it papers. So all is good and hoping we will get in OWP soon

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
chris1302 said:
It actually was not returned. I was so shocked that I did not notice that they form they returned was 5708 (it was the application for visa ext.)which I sent as proof with the inland app and OWP that he we did sent the extention on time. I guess the agent who opened it, decided to return it papers. So all is good and hoping we will get in OWP soon
Oh, so your OWP application was received with the PR application? In this case you are the first applicant who sent the two thing together after Dec 22. And so we know now that people won't get the OWP at the same time as AOR.

chris1302

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nope but I am hoping it will show up soon.
So sophie, does it mean that the 4 mnths should be calculated from the day my application arrived in Mississauga? Do you know how it works?

Thanks

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
chris1302 said:
nope but I am hoping it will show up soon.
So sophie, does it mean that the 4 mnths should be calculated from the day my application arrived in Mississauga? Do you know how it works?

Thanks
No one knows yet.

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
sophieee said:
I need the exact date CIC received your application. And you can share the following if you don't mind:
Country of Origin
Canadian City of Residence
OWP sent (w/ application?)
Medical done (w/ application?)
Police check done (w/ application?)
Guaranteed to arrive today by Canada Post.
UK Citizen
KIngston, Ontario
OWP sent w/application
Medical done and w/application
Police Check done and w/application.

Thanks!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
beans on toast said:
Guaranteed to arrive today by Canada Post.
UK Citizen
KIngston, Ontario
OWP sent w/application
Medical done and w/application
Police Check done and w/application.

Thanks!
Thanks, I've added you!

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
Although i have now just seen the additional fee for the OWP application, which i hadn't included as I prepared it all before the 21st Feb, whilst getting the Spousal Package ready. Damn you CIC!!
How should i go about sending this additional $100? :( :(

STHT

Oct 13, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I would really appreciate your help advice as it feels like drowning in the amount of information!

I entered Canada in August 2014 as a visitor with my visitor status valid almost to end of February 2015.
In January 2015 my husband and I submitted a full inland PR and an OWP at the same time.
The PR application was accepted in March 2015, however at the same time the OWP was returned as incomplete due to a wrong form submission :(
This means that as of end of February 2015 I am out of status.
To rectify the situation as soon as possible I called the CIC and they confirmed to me that I need to resubmit the OWP application (the IMM 5710 form) and also request restoration. They advised me that I just need to choose the 2 option (request for OWP + restoration of status) on that same form (and of course pay all the extra fees).
I have prepared the full application and sent it off to waste as little time as possible.

But even though I spoke with CIC, I still wonder if I was advised correctly.
If it was my visitor status that expired and I'm asking for restoration, should I have submitted the IMM5710 and the IMM5708????
They told no additional forms are necessary and that the agent in charge of the restoration request will identify how and if my status will be restored.

I also attached a very comprehensive cover letter explaining my situation and hope that I have done everything correctly.
But the thought of receiving the application back as incomplete or worse refused because of something like this is just so unbearable!!!

Please share your knowledge and thoughts
Thank you!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
beans on toast said:
Although i have now just seen the additional fee for the OWP application, which i hadn't included as I prepared it all before the 21st Feb, whilst getting the Spousal Package ready. Damn you CIC!!
How should i go about sending this additional $100? :( :(
You can try and send the receipt with a cover letter that contains all your personal details to Mississauga. But once you have UCI / file number I would send it again, because without those there is a chance that they won't be able to attach it to your file.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
STHT said:
Hello Everyone,

I would really appreciate your help advice as it feels like drowning in the amount of information!

I entered Canada in August 2014 as a visitor with my visitor status valid almost to end of February 2015.
In January 2015 my husband and I submitted a full inland PR and an OWP at the same time.
The PR application was accepted in March 2015, however at the same time the OWP was returned as incomplete due to a wrong form submission :(
This means that as of end of February 2015 I am out of status.
To rectify the situation as soon as possible I called the CIC and they confirmed to me that I need to resubmit the OWP application (the IMM 5710 form) and also request restoration. They advised me that I just need to choose the 2 option (request for OWP + restoration of status) on that same form (and of course pay all the extra fees).
I have prepared the full application and sent it off to waste as little time as possible.

But even though I spoke with CIC, I still wonder if I was advised correctly.
If it was my visitor status that expired and I'm asking for restoration, should I have submitted the IMM5710 and the IMM5708????
They told no additional forms are necessary and that the agent in charge of the restoration request will identify how and if my status will be restored.

I also attached a very comprehensive cover letter explaining my situation and hope that I have done everything correctly.
But the thought of receiving the application back as incomplete or worse refused because of something like this is just so unbearable!!!

Please share your knowledge and thoughts
Thank you!
Sorry, I don't know the answer. You can call the call centre a couple more times, if every agents tell the same than you can relax.

Nisha647

Mar 7, 2015
Favour of God said:
Hi All,

Thanks
Omgosh so now there is a fee because u have a open work permit these people bout to stress me out... Thank God I came on here. Sophieee your a blessing