+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Thank you sophie and Ponga,my wife is sponsor.Im confused about this : Spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner $550.00 ?

I dont know how to make best because my work permit expires on 30th of may.What to do first .Thank you

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
sniper23 said:
I have a question.can a dependent change from accompany to non-accompany after sendin your application to cic
Yes, I believe you need to send an updated form and an explanation letter. A 2013 applicant did this before, unfortunately I can't recall his/her name.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
mirko86 said:
Thank you sophie and Ponga,my wife is sponsor.Im confused about this : Spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner $550.00 ?

I dont know how to make best because my work permit expires on 30th of may.What to do first .Thank you
That's not applicable for your. Ponga and I already answered your question.
You should send the PR and the OWP as CIC advises you to do.

judasentinel

Jan 4, 2015
My wife is here with me. She is an American, and came here to stay with me as my girlfriend (we weren't married then) in August 2014. We applied for an extension of her status in January, 2015, at least 6 weeks before her 6 months expired. Up until now, there has been no word on whether she was given the extension or not.

And now we are trying to submit a sposorship application along with an OWP for her as well, but it could take a few days to gather all stuff to be sent out to CIC.

If her extension is rejected, can she still stay in Canada until we apply for her OWP and sponsorship in a few weeks? Or will it disqualify her from that? We are going the inland route as the OWP timeframe is 4-5 months. I am confused because I am not sure what we will have to do between the time an extension is rejected AND the OWp and sponsorship application are received at CIC.

Thank you for your inputs and suggestions.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
judasentinel said:
My wife is here with me. She is an American, and came here to stay with me as my girlfriend (we weren't married then) in August 2014. We applied for an extension of her status in January, 2015, at least 6 weeks before her 6 months expired. Up until now, there has been no word on whether she was given the extension or not.

And now we are trying to submit a sposorship application along with an OWP for her as well, but it could take a few days to gather all stuff to be sent out to CIC.

If her extension is rejected, can she still stay in Canada until we apply for her OWP and sponsorship in a few weeks? Or will it disqualify her from that? We are going the inland route as the OWP timeframe is 4-5 months. I am confused because I am not sure what we will have to do between the time an extension is rejected AND the OWp and sponsorship application are received at CIC.

Thank you for your inputs and suggestions.
If I were a US citizen I would definitely apply outland. With some luck you can have an OWP in 4-5 months with the inland route (but don't forget, we haven't really seen this pilot project yet, it can be more), while with some luck you can be a permanent resident in 5-6 months with the outland route. It just doesn't make sense to me to choose a lengthy, stressful, unpredictable process in which you will take some risk every time you leave Canada for 2-3 year over a much more shorter, reliable process. Even if you would get your work permit a couple months sooner, for me, it wouldn't worth it.
But if you choose this, you can apply for PR and OWP at the same time, but you have to prove that you already applied for visitor extension, so you have implied status. As a US citizen it's highly unlikely that she will be refused. But if she is, than she won't qualify for OWP as out of status and she should leave Canada. If she leave and can return, she can apply for OWP again. OR risk to stay here for 2-3 years without OWP and never leave the country and hope that CIC will process her app anyway. But as I said, the chance that she will be denied is extremely small.

Nisha647

Mar 7, 2015
Hi guys
I was wondering if it was suspicious to have all the letters from family and friends be typed and then personally sign or its best to have it hand written?

jackyzhou

Feb 15, 2015
Hi guys,
I submitted the inbound application to Mississauga last November, how long I have to wait for the AOR?
I checked the timelines for 2014 November and someones had been issued the AOR. Should I send a email or call to ask?
Thanks.

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
Oh yeah! Sponsorship package and OWP application submitted.
Let the ride begin! ;D

Nisha647

Mar 7, 2015
Hey all,
So on the generic application form it's asking for my last entry into Canada which was when I was coming from the states but I didn't get a stamp so I wouldn't be able to show it so should I just put the entry that was before that which was at the airport which I did get a stamp for.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
jackyzhou said:
Hi guys,
I submitted the inbound application to Mississauga last November, how long I have to wait for the AOR?
I checked the timelines for 2014 November and someones had been issued the AOR. Should I send a email or call to ask?
Thanks.
You most likely won't get an answer if you send an email, but you can try and call them. Be prepared that the issuance of AOR can be very hectic, if the call centre can't give you a file number and/or you can't log in to eCAS with that, it doesn't necessary mean that there is something wrong with your file.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
beans on toast said:
Oh yeah! Sponsorship package and OWP application submitted.
Let the ride begin! ;D
Congrats! :) Let me know if I can add you to the spreadsheet.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Nisha647 said:
Hey all,
So on the generic application form it's asking for my last entry into Canada which was when I was coming from the states but I didn't get a stamp so I wouldn't be able to show it so should I just put the entry that was before that which was at the airport which I did get a stamp for.
I would still use that date, CBSA can have it in their system, even if your passport wasn't stamped. You can use the airport date as your original entry (there is an other question about that, if I remember correctly).

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
sophieee said:
Congrats! :) Let me know if I can add you to the spreadsheet.

Of course Sophie.
What details do you need?
:D

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
beans on toast said:
Of course Sophie.
What details do you need?
:D
I need the exact date CIC received your application. And you can share the following if you don't mind:
Country of Origin
Canadian City of Residence
OWP sent (w/ application?)
Medical done (w/ application?)
Police check done (w/ application?)