+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Hello folks i read on cic site this : ''Yes. You can stay in Canada, and may be able to keep working, under what's called implied status. That means the law implies you are a temporary resident. The implied status lasts until Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) decides on your new permit application. However, you must respect the following requirements:

If you applied for another work permit

You must stay in Canada and meet the conditions of your original work permit. If you applied for a work permit extension before your work permit expired, you can keep working under the same conditions as your existing permit until CIC decides on your application unless you have applied to extend your stay under another category.''

This mean when i submit my aplication when im still in legal status a can continue to work for the same employer and the same conditions of old work permit?

Jamarns

Feb 8, 2015
Coquitlam, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
We would need to know what kind of work permit you're on right now. There are some permits that cannot benefit from implied working status (IEC working holiday visa for example)

Shane123

Mar 22, 2015
Hi, just a quick question,
does anyone know how long it takes CIC to open your package and give a response after they receive your inland application.

Shane123

Mar 22, 2015
Hi ,
im new here. Please add me to your spreadsheet. I applied for inland sponsorship on 19 February 2015. My county of origin is Jamaica, i submit police clearance and also an OWP with my application.
also can someone tell me how long it usually takes to get a response on the receipt of your application. ?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Shane123 said:
Hi ,
im new here. Please add me to your spreadsheet. I applied for inland sponsorship on 19 February 2015. My county of origin is Jamaica, i submit police clearance and also an OWP with my application.
also can someone tell me how long it usually takes to get a response on the receipt of your application. ?
Thanks for sharing, I've added you.
The first response you are looking for is the "AOR", you can check the spreadsheet to get an idea about the time of issuance. And I also recommend to read the FAQ in my signature, it can help to guide you through these terms and the whole process.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
The IMM 5710 (work permit application) has been updated!

stevenstunner

Jan 31, 2015
Hi everyone.

Im in a stressful situation right now i don't know if anyone can offer me any good advice as soon as possible.

My spousal PR application as been almost completed and ready to go but jus last sunday we figure that the only way to get an option C is to call:(.

My situation is that my work permit expires in 5 days and im not sure what to do at this time. The person we get at the CRA said the option C will deliver prior 5 to 10 days which is going to be too late.

What if i submit my application with the NOA will they return it?

Can i send my application then send the option C shortly after?

I really dont want to be out of status when my file is submitted as i dont want to mess up getting my OWP

Aqsamunir

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
03-12-14
Med's Done....
08-9-15, upfront
Interview........
AIP/DM: 11-02-16
LANDED..........
29-03-2016
sophieee said:
There is currently a discussion about the problems with CSQ on the 2014 thread:

Got my CSQ today:)))) I am soo happy

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
stevenstunner said:
Hi everyone.

Im in a stressful situation right now i don't know if anyone can offer me any good advice as soon as possible.

My spousal PR application as been almost completed and ready to go but jus last sunday we figure that the only way to get an option C is to call:(.

My situation is that my work permit expires in 5 days and im not sure what to do at this time. The person we get at the CRA said the option C will deliver prior 5 to 10 days which is going to be too late.

What if i submit my application with the NOA will they return it?

Can i send my application then send the option C shortly after?

I really dont want to be out of status when my file is submitted as i dont want to mess up getting my OWP
Don't worry, just send an explanation letter that you will send them the Option C as soon as you can, and send it once you have an UCI / file number. Just check again that every form of yours is the most recent.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Aqsamunir said:
Got my CSQ today:)))) I am soo happy
Congrats!:) And thanks for the update, I added it to the spreadsheet.

Jamarns

Feb 8, 2015
Coquitlam, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
Hi Steven,

If you look at the bottom of the document checklist it says

Common errors which delay processing

Incomplete applications will be returned. To avoid proceessing delays, you must enclose all the required items listed above
The most common reasons for returned applications are

2. A computer printout of the most recent notice of Assessment (Option C printout) and computer printouts of all income slips (e.g., T4, T4E, T5, T5007) available from the Canada Revenue Agency are not attached.

I would in your case apply for a visitor Visa to extend your status, you won't be able to work, but you will have status. I'm not 100% sure (maybe some of the more experienced users can chime in here) but I'm pretty there is a grace period of 60 days from when your visa ends until you're considered out of status, but double check with some of the other users on that because I could be wrong.

stevenstunner

Jan 31, 2015
Sound goods Sophie. Thank for the speedy respond.i already paid my fees and have all my forms up to date my only problem is the Option C.

I do already have a UCI number, do you think it would be ok to send the Option C a couple days after?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Jamarns said:
Hi Steven,

If you look at the bottom of the document checklist it says

Common errors which delay processing

Incomplete applications will be returned. To avoid proceessing delays, you must enclose all the required items listed above
The most common reasons for returned applications are

2. A computer printout of the most recent notice of Assessment (Option C printout) and computer printouts of all income slips (e.g., T4, T4E, T5, T5007) available from the Canada Revenue Agency are not attached.

I would in your case apply for a visitor Visa to extend your status, you won't be able to work, but you will have status. I'm not 100% sure (maybe some of the more experienced users can chime in here) but I'm pretty there is a grace period of 60 days from when your visa ends until you're considered out of status, but double check with some of the other users on that because I could be wrong.
The Option C is required for the assessment of the sponsor, you can't get SA or AIP without that, so it can delay the process if CIC has to ask for it instead of giving you sponsorship approval. But given that the first stage currently around 17 months, I think it will be more than enough time to send the Option C and for CIC to attach it to the file.

stevenstunner: since you have plenty of time I would wait till the AOR, just to make sure that your file is already in the system when they will try to attach the Option C to it. I sent my husband's Option C 6 months after the application, I waited 2 months after it was received then checked by phone and it was attached to the file.