+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Vaza3D

May 23, 2014
Hi guys!

Wanted to make sure: when I apply for inland with the OWP and send to Mississauga, do I have to submit the ENTIRE wp package with all the documents, or only IMM5710 ("Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker")?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
MC2015 said:
Does anybody here know if I take private french classes, I will be considered studying ?
No if it's shorter than 6 months.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
GG_wife said:
Hello there,
I got stuck again...
This time it is about the medical check...
Do I need one for the OWP upfront to submit it along with my OWP (and spouse sponsorship application) or can I wait until they contact me for one?
I understand that for spouse sponsorship it's OK to wait, but I could not find any info on CIC whether that's the case for OWP as well...
thanks so very much for the response in advance!

If you don’t have a valid medical test, you will have the following restrictions printed on your OWP:
"Not authorized to work in 1) child care, 2) primary or secondary school teaching 3) health services field occupations, 4) agricultural occupations."

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Vaza3D said:
Hi guys!

Wanted to make sure: when I apply for inland with the OWP and send to Mississauga, do I have to submit the ENTIRE wp package with all the documents, or only IMM5710 ("Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker")?
You need to send the whole package.

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
sophieee said:
If you don't have a valid medical test, you will have the following restrictions printed on your OWP:
"Not authorized to work in 1) child care, 2) primary or secondary school teaching 3) health services field occupations, 4) agricultural occupations."
makes sense! thanks as always!!:)

Vaza3D

May 23, 2014
sophieee said:
Thanks Sophie! I just realized that my question was not phrased well... I am currently on an OWP, I think it means I need to 'extend my status as a worker': http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

And not apply for a new WP, correct?

I am not in common law, and do not use a representative so only IMM5710 and checklist?

sky1126688

Jan 28, 2015
sophieee said:
Sophieee, when you say "the whole package" what does that mean? I sent my OWP application with my immigration documents. The only two things for OWP application I have included were application Form IMM5710 and receipt for $155 application fee. Did I miss anything? ???

MC2015

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 29,2015
AOR Received.
April 24,2015
File Transfer...
SA April 21, 2016 / AIP April 21, 2016 / DM April 21, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb 16,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 8, 2016
Thanks once more, Sophieee !!!! :) :) :)

I have another doubt: When I sent my package, I didn't include the medical exams. But after sending the package, I ended up needing to do the medical exams because of the visitor visa extension. So, now, I have medical exam. How should I do to send it to immigration in order to add it to my process ?

sophieee said:
No if it's shorter than 6 months.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
There is a checklist for the OWP application, you should send everything that applies to you:
Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker [IMM 5710]
Document Checklist [IMM 5556]
Receipt
Either a Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union or a copy the Marriage Certificate
Copy of your passport and of your current visa
Copy of the eMedical Information Sheet if you have one

I don't know if Quebec residents need to send the CAQ.

It's the exact same thing even if you currently have a work permit.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
MC2015 said:
Thanks once more, Sophieee !!!! :) :) :)

I have another doubt: When I sent my package, I didn't include the medical exams. But after sending the package, I ended up needing to do the medical exams because of the visitor visa extension. So, now, I have medical exam. How should I do to send it to immigration in order to add it to my process ?
I'm not sure how can you include, I know that others tried to update their passport copies after getting a new one and most of them didn't succeed. But you don't have to bother unless you plan to work in 1) child care, 2) primary or secondary school teaching 3) health services field occupations, 4) agricultural occupations.

sky1126688

Jan 28, 2015
sophieee said:
There is a checklist for the OWP application, you should send everything that applies to you:
Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker [IMM 5710]
Document Checklist [IMM 5556]
Receipt
Either a Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union or a copy the Marriage Certificate
Copy of your passport and of your current visa
Copy of the eMedical Information Sheet if you have one

I don't know if Quebec residents need to send the CAQ.

It's the exact same thing even if you currently have a work permit.
Thanks again Sophieee. But marriage certificate, copy of passport, current visa,etc. these are part of Sponsorship application package. And I have them included in the envelop I sent out. Do you mean I need another set of these documents for OWP application? Please clarify it.
PS:I put these two applications (Sponsorship & OWP) in the same envelop and sent together to Mississauga office.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
sky1126688 said:
Thanks again Sophieee. But marriage certificate, copy of passport, current visa,etc. these are part of Sponsorship application package. And I have them included in the envelop I sent out. Do you mean I need another set of these documents for OWP application? Please clarify it.
PS:I put these two applications (Sponsorship & OWP) in the same envelop and sent together to Mississauga office.
I don't know how CIC will process these OWP applications, but they may send it forward to Vegreville and in this case it's better if you have a copy of everything in the separate OWP package. The fact that people got OWP based on their old passport expire date suggests me that maybe the officers who approve the OWP don't have an excess to the PR package (or they have just don't bother to check). I know that CIC scans everything we send so every document should be somewhere in the system, still...

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
sophieee said:
If you don't have a valid medical test, you will have the following restrictions printed on your OWP:
quick question:
I am visitor and along with inland spouse sponsorship I am applying for OWP.
Do I need to submit IMM5710 and docs required in IMM5556 checklist since I am extending my stay and changing my current status from visitor to worker?

OR

Do I need to submit IMM1259 and IMM5257 and docs based on IMM5488 checklist b/c I apply for a brand new WP?

I would assume IMM5710 and IMM5556... but did not find clear indication on CIC, so I would like to be 200% sure, hence asking here:)

Thanks in advance!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
GG_wife said:
quick question:
I am visitor and along with inland spouse sponsorship I am applying for OWP.
Do I need to submit IMM5710 and docs required in IMM5556 checklist since I am extending my stay and changing my current status from visitor to worker?

OR

Do I need to submit IMM1259 and IMM5257 and docs based on IMM5488 checklist b/c I apply for a brand new WP?

I would assume IMM5710 and IMM5556... but did not find clear indication on CIC, so I would like to be 200% sure, hence asking here:)

Thanks in advance!
You need to send the package I posted a couple posts before (IMM5710 and IMM5556).