+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
sophieee said:
You need to send the package I posted a couple posts before (IMM5710 and IMM5556).
got it!:) thanks!
my husband says you are extremely generous to commit your time to maintain this forum topic and provide always accurate info to all of us who are quite 'green' to these. very impressive!
I couldn't agree more:D :D:D
thanks as always!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
GG_wife said:
my husband says you are extremely generous to commit your time to maintain this forum topic and provide always accurate info to all of us who are quite 'green' to these. very impressive!
thanks as always!
Thank you, I'm happy to help if I can :)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
kringtonsy said:
hi sophiee,
i just got my aor today via email.. :D :D :D :D :D
That's great, congrats! :)

Langley

Mar 1, 2015
Hi,
I am new in the forum. Already read a lot but still have questions. I guess our problem fits under this topic. Therefore I did not open a new one.

I am in Canada with PR. My husband is here with a Holiday Visa which expires on May 2. Our plan was that he applies for IEC YP program to be able to stay another year. In the meantime we wanted to apply for family sponsorship and OWP.

Here my first question: Would he get the OWP after 4 month or after the IEC YP Visa expires?

My husband`s boss refused to sign a job offer or employment contact, which we will need to apply for the IEC YP program yesterday. He still wanted to talk to his accountant about this but I not hopeful any more.

I guess we have to apply for family sponsorship as soon as possible - before his visa expires- right now.

My second question is: I know that he can not work after May 2 but can he stay and wait for the OWP? Do we have to do anything to change his status to tourist?

He does not need a tourist visa to come to Canada and he cannot leave the country and reenter because of the family sponsorship application.

I try to make the right decisions and hope you can help me by this. Thank you.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Langley said:
Hi,
I am new in the forum. Already read a lot but still have questions. I guess our problem fits under this topic. Therefore I did not open a new one.

I am in Canada with PR. My husband is here with a Holiday Visa which expires on May 2. Our plan was that he applies for IEC YP program to be able to stay another year. In the meantime we wanted to apply for family sponsorship and OWP.

Here my first question: Would he get the OWP after 4 month or after the IEC YP Visa expires?

My husband`s boss refused to sign a job offer or employment contact, which we will need to apply for the IEC YP program yesterday. He still wanted to talk to his accountant about this but I not hopeful any more.

I guess we have to apply for family sponsorship as soon as possible - before his visa expires- right now.

My second question is: I know that he can not work after May 2 but can he stay and wait for the OWP? Do we have to do anything to change his status to tourist?

He does not need a tourist visa to come to Canada and he cannot leave the country and reenter because of the family sponsorship application.

I try to make the right decisions and hope you can help me by this. Thank you.
Hi,

The processing time of the OWP won't depend on his current visa, so he will get it like others with similar timeline. Maybe in four months, maybe more, we don't know yet.
If he send the PR and OWP app together then he will be on implied status, he won't be able to work but he can stay legally. Just make sure that you are sending the most recent forms and sign everything on the right place to avoid getting back your app.
What's the country of origin of your husband?

MC2015

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 29,2015
AOR Received.
April 24,2015
File Transfer...
SA April 21, 2016 / AIP April 21, 2016 / DM April 21, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb 16,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 8, 2016
GG_wife said:
thanks as always!
I agree!! Sophieeee is great !!! :)

d.20

Jun 6, 2014
hello i need help with that , im on canada and i am permanent resident , im engaged , now my fiance decided to come in canada with one tour of students just for 2 weeks and i want to know if i can marry and if i had any problem if i do that , thank you very much for your help

best regards

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Langley said:
Thank you Sophieeeee. My husband is German.
It may be a good idea to ask around in the Vienna thread how fast processing can a German applicant expect through Vienna:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/vienna-office-t74361.8355.html

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
d.20 said:
hello i need help with that , im on canada and i am permanent resident , im engaged , now my fiance decided to come in canada with one tour of students just for 2 weeks and i want to know if i can marry and if i had any problem if i do that , thank you very much for your help

best regards
In theory you can get married and apply for PR and OWP right away, but you need to consider a couple things. A saw that you became a PR through family sponsorship, were you sponsored by your parents or your child?
Have you met in person with your fiancé before?