06-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-09-2016
Regarding the updated IMM0008:
I applied May 4th (received by CIC on May 6th) and when I did my final check on the morning of May 4th, the latest update read February 2015. Naturally. (Perhaps this is because Chrome displayed a cached version of the website? Who knows).

I studied the application. Unlike in the last wave of application returns, the difference this time is in the disclosure paragraph on the final page, *after* the signature part. The February 2015 version is one paragraph of boilerplate. The "April" 2015 version is several paragraphs (delving into biometrics and other items no one reads). My initial feeling is that this may not matter since the disclosure has no bearing on how any of the questions are answered, but this is CIC...

I guess we have to cross our fingers. My partner has a baby on the way and I need that OWP... I'm crossing mine.

UPDATE:
I spoke with a CIC Call Centre agent (probably the most competent agent I've dealt with) and he said (as Ponga alluded to) that it's at the discretion of the initial agent. He also added, though, that if the difference between the old and new forms really is just in the disclosure section at the end (i.e. in the fine print), then the agent probably isn't going to return the application, especially if it's received within a few weeks of the point in time when the application was updated. The agent further added that upon AOR, it really cannot hurt to resend form IMM008 with an explanation (so to avoid delays at stage one).

Vaza3D

May 23, 2014
Johninsask said:
Regarding the updated IMM0008:
I applied May 4th (received by CIC on May 6th) and when I did my final check on the morning of May 4th, the latest update read February 2015. Naturally. (Perhaps this is because Chrome displayed a cached version of the website? Who knows).

I studied the application. Unlike in the last wave of application returns, the difference this time is in the disclosure paragraph on the final page, *after* the signature part. The February 2015 version is one paragraph of boilerplate. The "April" 2015 version is several paragraphs (delving into biometrics and other items no one reads). My initial feeling is that this may not matter since the disclosure has no bearing on how any of the questions are answered, but this is CIC...

I guess we have to cross our fingers. My partner has a baby on the way and I need that OWP... I'm crossing mine.

UPDATE:
I spoke with a CIC Call Centre agent (probably the most competent agent I've dealt with) and he said (as Ponga alluded to) that it's at the discretion of the initial agent. He also added, though, that if the difference between the old and new forms really is just in the disclosure section at the end (i.e. in the fine print), then the agent probably isn't going to return the application, especially if it's received within a few weeks of the point in time when the application was updated. The agent further added that upon AOR, it really cannot hurt to resend form IMM008 with an explanation (so to avoid delays at stage one).
Thanks for this useful info! :) I will wait and hopefully it will be fine, as you said as soon as I get AOR will send updated form.

Johninsask

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-09-2016
You're welcome. Good luck to us both! :D

Caribou

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CBSA officer told me yesterday that if you apply INLAND(VISA exempt country), you can flagpole at the border after AOR then get OWP at the border instead of mailing it.
Can anyone confirm this?
If so, why anyone wait 4 months for OWP ???

jesmithers

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2015
File Transfer...
12-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-09-2014
Passport Req..
25-06-2015 (DM)
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
31-08-2015
Hi! I posting on behalf of a friend and I'm really confused on the whole Inland process (I'm sponsoring spouse on Outland). She's from Australia and sent in for Inland as she lives in Canada and has OWP. Her permit expires in December and she said she sent in a renewal OWP in the application?

I have two questions: It takes forever for the Inland process and let's say November rolls around and she doesn't hear back.. what can she do? What is this "Implied" status?

Second question, let's say she has her OWP renewed or is implied status, she has a wedding (April 2016) to go to... can she leave Canada?

Thanks ahead of time for the response :) I'm so confused on the Inland process...especially when there's the OWP to think about. Is that part of the process or something completely? Ahhh. ???

Apanna

Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
You are the sponsor, correct?

Well...it's only been 9 days since you sent the Inland application and 7 days for the OWP. LOL!
Did you at least track the delivery so that you know if/when CIC received the application (please say yes)?

You'll probably hear nothing at all before the OWP arrives in the mail in about 4 months (unless you receive AOR between now and then, which is possible).

It's VERY important that your husband maintain his legal status, since you did NOT include the OWP with the Inland application. If his status expires before the OWP is processed, it could be denied because he will be out of status. Hopefully he has status for at least 4 more months...right?
Yes, I am the sponsor. And I did track both deliveries and both of them are delivered. Haven't gotten AOR though.
And his student expires in February 2016 so I think and hope we are safe.

But in OWP there was nowhere to mention that we applied for PR so I wonder how would they know that we are applying for this one year pilot program because his ID says he has only student visa?

Thanks for your help

tdubokchoi

May 7, 2015
tdubokchoi said:
So we called CIC today, the agent checked the status and the OWP has not been issued. The agent sent a msg to the work permit office to check the process and they'll try to issue the permit as soon as possible and send it if there are no other problems. If there is a problem, they'll let us know by email. According to the agent, we won't have to wait for another 3 months even if they start processing the OWP right now since it has passed the proper processing time, they'll process ours first as a priority. Then they'll mail it out to us. As long as they still have our application.....it will be issued soon.

Keep you all posted! Wish us luck!
Update
Here's the background, my husband's South Korean, we applied Inland with Open Work Permit.
Received AOR December 19. Called CIC to ask agent to check OWP. Agent said can't put in our App# to check OWP in the system, must wait 4 months. Waited 4 months, called again, they punched in our App# in their system and said OWP hasn't started being processed. Reason was they couldn't figure out what his status in Canada was, so they assumed it was invalid. They put it aside to wait for a confirmation of his status. (I don't know for a fact, but if they had checked when I called 4 months ago, they could see this problem from the beginning.) Yes, we sent them the date of entry stamp into Canada. Yes, we assumed they should know, since he's South Korean, visitors are allowed to stay for up to 6 months without a "paper visa". No, they didn't email or call us to let us know that there was something wrong with his status/application. CIC was waiting. We were waiting. Case agent made a wrong judgement call. Nothing was being done. The only reason we know any of this is because we called CIC on our own.

The solution? We went to see our MP. Our MP stated it's not our error, we did everything right, it's a GOOD thing we called. They're going to do everything to get our OWP App processed as a priority. After we left, within an hour, they called us back and told us that the CIC office in Mississauga also admits it's a very rare mistake but this is an error that should NEVER have happened and that they are fixing it now. Due to this error, they are expediting our OWP and we'll get a call by Tuesday next week after the long holiday for another update.

I HIGHLY suggest contacting your MP if you can, in this case, doing things on our own didn't produce as good of results as getting the MP's help.

This is info for you all to use, in case you have also waited too long, you may run into the same agent error issue as us. Good luck everyone! Will let you all know when we get our OWP.

Johninsask

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-09-2016
Caribou said:
CBSA officer told me yesterday that if you apply INLAND(VISA exempt country), you can flagpole at the border after AOR then get OWP at the border instead of mailing it.
Can anyone confirm this?
If so, why anyone wait 4 months for OWP ???
I'm curious as well... I would think that CIC might not be too happy with CBSA issuing open work permits.

eem425

May 12, 2015
Re: INLAND PR APPLICATIONS Interview

Anyone here worked without working permit while on PR Application Inland under common law? We submitted application on April 2013. We never heard from immigration, no AIP as I read on blogs so we can apply for work permit. The only letter we receive was on the 18th month of our application that our application was sent to local office in Montreal for final review and on the 25th month, a letter informing us to appear for interview for final processing of my application. This morning was my interview. We have convinced him that our relationship is genuine but I am a bit worried, the officer ask me why I work without work permit. I work as Independent Contractor (Spa Therapist in Hotel SPa) and showed him my 3 years tax assessment. Would it affect my PR decision? Does anyone here like my situation? Please i need you.... thank you

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: INLAND PR APPLICATIONS Interview

eem425 said:
Anyone here worked without working permit while on PR Application Inland under common law? We submitted application on April 2013. We never heard from immigration, no AIP as I read on blogs so we can apply for work permit. The only letter we receive was on the 18th month of our application that our application was sent to local office in Montreal for final review and on the 25th month, a letter informing us to appear for interview for final processing of my application. This morning was my interview. We have convinced him that our relationship is genuine but I am a bit worried, the officer ask me why I work without work permit. I work as Independent Contractor (Spa Therapist in Hotel SPa) and showed him my 3 years tax assessment. Would it affect my PR decision? Does anyone here like my situation? Please i need you.... thank you
If you worked in Canada without authorization, and CIC is now aware of this, there's a very good chance that your PR will be denied and you will be told to leave Canada. Since you did not receive your CoPR today at your appointment, I suspect you will now be denied (sorry to say).

If you worked as an independent contractor in the hotel spa, you were taking away a job from another qualified Canadian citizen or PR, which is a very serious offense.

Good luck!

*EDIT*

Actually, one definition for a person who has a `Lack of Status' (who would still be eligible to have applied for Inland PR) is a person that has worked without a WP:

(From CIC document IP8):

Lack of Status
For the purposes of the current public policy only, persons with a “lack of status” refers to those in the following situations:
• persons who have overstayed a visa, visitor record, work permit or student permit;
persons who have worked or studied without being authorized to do so under the Act;

Perhaps this means that CIC will have some compassion for you after all. Maybe?

It's not just people that have overstayed that are `out of status', but apparently people that also worked without authorization!

MariMari7

Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17 2015
AOR Received.
AOR Sponsor-June 11, 2015, AOR Applicant -December 11,2015
Med's Done....
Filed with Application
Hi,

Sent our APP on April 16-Courier delivered on the 16th of April. Just wondering if anyone has received AOR who applied when we did?