+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Sandrye

May 11, 2015
Greetings!!
I sponsored my girl friend who is from Spain and who currently lives with me on a Working Visa. We've been living together for over 2 years here in Toronto.

We applied for 2 applications; common law and for an extended working permit. CIC and from previous forums explained that the working permit application will be determined once the first stage process happens for the common law application.

We sent BOTH applications together (inland common law and work permit) last year Jan 2014 and they said they received the sponsorship in June 2014 and the open work permit in August 2014.

We have implied status but our concerns are:
-My girlfriend /soon to be common law is dealing with health issues that could lead to surgery and medication best suited in Spain.
-During her 2 years in Canada, 1.5years waiting for a PR response, her mother started battling cancer and under went chemo therapy, We feel the need to go back to Spain for at least 1 month to comfort and be with her mother as she is recooperating from the therapy.

- We plan to get married but are worried about losing or re starting the Application because we left the Canada during Implied Status.

We dont mind restarting the application or perhaps getting married and re applying?

We would love for insight, experienced stories and feedback from anyone who can advise us what to do or what options we may have over looked.

We want to prepare for the worst case scenario but we do not want to be separated from each other. My friend got married in Japan and they received their PR after 6 months.

Thank you very much for your response.
;D :D :)

VCM

Mar 31, 2015
kimzie said:
Wow congrats VCM. I did the same thing too.. hope we get ours soon as well.. :) thanks for the update
thanks. we also have same AOR and application dates....hopefully your husband's will arrive soon

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
kimzie said:
Hello, if you are applying for the OWP just leave it blank even if you are currently working :)
Thank you :)))) One more question about ''Period of cohabitation ''? Thankss :)))

jesty195

Jul 23, 2013
We are Feb 9 2015 applicant. We are so worried for the OWP. It looked like people who applied in Mar 2015 starting to receive OWP. Where is my husband's OWP? hixhix. Hopefully It will come out soon...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sandrye said:
Greetings!!
I sponsored my girl friend who is from Spain and who currently lives with me on a Working Visa. We've been living together for over 2 years here in Toronto.

We applied for 2 applications; common law and for an extended working permit. CIC and from previous forums explained that the working permit application will be determined once the first stage process happens for the common law application.

We sent BOTH applications together (inland common law and work permit) last year Jan 2014 and they said they received the sponsorship in June 2014 and the open work permit in August 2014.

We have implied status but our concerns are:
-My girlfriend /soon to be common law is dealing with health issues that could lead to surgery and medication best suited in Spain.
-During her 2 years in Canada, 1.5years waiting for a PR response, her mother started battling cancer and under went chemo therapy, We feel the need to go back to Spain for at least 1 month to comfort and be with her mother as she is recooperating from the therapy.

- We plan to get married but are worried about losing or re starting the Application because we left the Canada during Implied Status.

We dont mind restarting the application or perhaps getting married and re applying?

We would love for insight, experienced stories and feedback from anyone who can advise us what to do or what options we may have over looked.

We want to prepare for the worst case scenario but we do not want to be separated from each other. My friend got married in Japan and they received their PR after 6 months.

Thank you very much for your response.
;D :D :)
January 2014 Inland applicants are actually receiving AIP and a few have even received DM, so...you may be very close as well!

At this late stage, you really should just stay in Canada, if at all possible. Obviously your partner's health ( and perhaps her desire to be with her mother), may be something that is more important for you both now, so it may in fact be a difficult decision to have to make.

If she does leave, the implied status leaves with her and she would be re-assessed/examined by CBSA upon her return to Canada. If she were to be denied, it would wipe out the Inland application.

Lastly, getting married now would not negatively impact her application at all, but she would need to inform CIC of the marriage. However, if you are planning to wed outside of Canada, the same risk as outlined above would apply.

Hopefully, you ARE very close to reaching the DM stage!

Good luck!

May 7, 2015
Hi guys!

I am done filling up all the forms and now ready to send my application. Does anybody here notice the form IMM0008 was updated April 2015 but when I open it on the bottom part of the form it says 02-2015 E? I am curious and worried that CIC might send back my application because of this.

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
kimzie said:
if you are applying under common law you have to fill that up. but if you are married you don't have to
Thanks But question is are u living with your sponsor?Yes we start to live together after we got married .Thank you.

Hitesh_001

Jun 22, 2014
Hi,

I dont have fax number but its still asking to fill the fax number? what should i do? just fill any fax number?

thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hitesh_001 said:
Hi,

I dont have fax number but its still asking to fill the fax number? what should i do? just fill any fax number?

thanks
? ? ?

What exactly are you asking? What is the `it' that is asking for a fax number?

If you don't have a fax number, why would you even consider using any random fax number? You'd never know that you had a fax waiting for you! LOL!

Just write N/A where `it' is asking for YOUR fax number.

Vaza3D

May 23, 2014
CIC updated IMM0008 to April 2015. I applied before they did so, beginning of April. Do they tend to return the app in this situation?

kimzie

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
1st AOR March 29, 2015; 2nd AOR May 7, 2015
mirko86 said:
Thanks But question is are u living with your sponsor?Yes we start to live together after we got married .Thank you.
you just put the date you guys moved in together.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vaza3D said:
CIC updated IMM0008 to April 2015. I applied before they did so, beginning of April. Do they tend to return the app in this situation?
You're at the mercy of the person that opens your application and [hopefully] issues your AOR.

I think it's more common for CIC to ask for the updated form, but your entire application package is in limbo until they receive it.
Having said that, there have been cases where CIC returned everything.

Good luck!

Vaza3D

May 23, 2014
Thanks Ponga!

Does it make sense to send the form with an explanation note before they request it (or not request it)?

And if I do, will my name be enough for them to find my application and attach it? (I dont have case num yet)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vaza3D said:
Thanks Ponga!

Does it make sense to send the form with an explanation note before they request it (or not request it)?

And if I do, will my name be enough for them to find my application and attach it? (I dont have case num yet)
Don't send anything without CIC asking you to do so, because you haven't received your AOR yet (which will contain your application number).