+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

clarence80

Oct 22, 2014
Hello

Im wondering if anyone has had a similar communication from CIC. Im a June 9 2014 applicant and my wife is my sponsor. I got this email today requesting I complete a New Police check request and send it back to them. My wife revived another email herself, also today, which pretty much states shes been approved as a sponsor, but I have a couple of concerns:

1. I already completed this document when I sent my application last year so Im wondering why they need to complete it again?

2. Will this hold up my application? Because as far as Im concerned, the form was completed so they have everything they need to approve my PR. Do you think this will cause long delays in my application and will I go to the end of the queue again?

Dear XXXX:
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law
Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as
a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. Please note that a final decision
will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met.
These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of
your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada
at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have
met these requirements.
In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must
complete/submit the following to this office:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:
> Police Certificate: Applicants in Canada who are 18 years of age and older and
residing in NEW ZEALAND for 6 months or more since the age of 18 are required to obtain a Police
Certificate from that country’s law enforcement authorities. Please visit
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp or contact the Call Centre, toll
free, at 1-888-242-2100 for further information on how to obtain a police certificate. All documents that
have been written in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by an official
translation. This must be received at this office by: 2015/12/26
All requested documents/information and a copy of this correspondence must be submitted within the
timeframes specified above (formatted as “year/month/day”). If you are unable to provide any or all of
the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available. Failure to provide
the required documents may result in the refusal of your application for permanent residence. Should
this occur, no further consideration will be given to your request for permanent residence unless a
new application, including fees, is submitted.
Please send the documents/information to:
Officer CP – INLAND SCLP
CPC Mississauga / CTD Mississauga
Mississauga, ON L5A 3A4
Facsimile: (905) 803-7392
Case Processing Centre Mississauga Centre de Traitement des Demandes Mississauga
E-mail: CPC-Mississauga-InlandSCLPcic.gc.ca
IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your
stay in Canada

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
clarence80 said:
Hello

Im wondering if anyone has had a similar communication from CIC. Im a June 9 2014 applicant and my wife is my sponsor. I got this email today requesting I complete a New Police check request and send it back to them. My wife revived another email herself, also today, which pretty much states shes been approved as a sponsor, but I have a couple of concerns:

1. I already completed this document when I sent my application last year so Im wondering why they need to complete it again?

2. Will this hold up my application? Because as far as Im concerned, the form was completed so they have everything they need to approve my PR. Do you think this will cause long delays in my application and will I go to the end of the queue again?
You won't go to the end of the queue, but most likely it will take some time (months) for CIC to take a look at your application after they received your new police check. There is no use of thinking why they requested it and if it is a legitimate request, you should provide it to avoid the trouble.
They can request a new police check because they think that the previous one was outdated, or they can ask it by mistake, but still, you should provide a new one. And if it takes longer than the time they gave you, send an explanation and give an estimated time when you can provide it.

clarence80

Oct 22, 2014
sophieee said:
You won't go to the end of the queue, but most likely it will take some time (months) for CIC to take a look at your application after they received your new police check. There is no use of thinking why they requested it and if it is a legitimate request, you should provide it to avoid the trouble.
They can request a new police check because they think that the previous one was outdated, or they can ask it by mistake, but still, you should provide a new one. And if it takes longer than the time they gave you, send an explanation and give an estimated time when you can provide it.
thanks Sophieee. i suppose I'll just have to wait then. ive emailed the documents to them already. i thought it was because the document i signed last year allowing them to get the police check may now be outdated. but then that just makes it even more ridiculous that im now being penalised and forced to wait even longer, even though everything i did was correct

it actually means anyone needing a police check from NZ has to wait even longer because the document will always be outdated once the application starts being processed.

clarence80

Oct 22, 2014
just to point something out actually. you're not supposed to get a NZ police check directly from NZ police yourself. you need to sign a consent form allowing CIC to request it. its different for other countries. i had to attach police checks for both the UK and Australia but they seem to have been accepted

Flo85

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Hi,

last thursday I finally had my landing interview and am since then a Permanent Resident. Man, that waiting at the end was particularly annoying since my current work visa would have been expired by the end of November. Anyways, now I don't have to worry anymore about that paper work. I will add my timeline for the excel sheet, if seniors (Sophieeee) could add that please. I think that is how it goes, right? For every one else who is still waiting for their DM, its coming. If you're waiting for your landing interview, call the call centre, every week. Ask for everything, somebody will give you at some point useful information. In my case I got a fax number that saved my ass. The CIC office apparently never got a notice that I'm waiting for a landing interview and didn't even get the notification email that the CIC call agents sent out. Without that fax number, I still would be waiting. Anyways, if more information are required, let me know, here is my timeline.

application sent out: May 7th, 2014
notice from CIC that they received my application on May 13th, 2014: August 7th, 2014
my sponsor got email that she met requirements for eligibility as sponsor: September 28th, 2015
my DM: September 29th, 2015
landing interview: November 19th, 2015 (should be around 1-3 weeks, if not, call the call centre!)
PR card: TBD
CIC office: Yellowknife, NT

Thanks for all the help guys! awesome forum, very helpful and will keep on using it.

tomtomato

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
ckash16 said:
same here.. applied in feb 2014. just waiting since providing the medicals end of May
I heard that every time they request something, that's a min three month till they will look at your application again.

I hope we receive our DM soon.

xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Application sent: May 13, 2014
Application received: May 20, 2014
Applicant AOR: August 8, 2014
Sponsor AOR: Feburary 17, 2015
CIC letter requesting medical and police certificates, AND ENTIRE APPLICATION PACKAGE RESUBMITTED: October 2, 2015. Deadline: November 1, 2015
Medical done: October 5, 2015
Police certificate could not be done on time. New application package submitted: October 28, 2015
Police certificate submitted: November 9, 2015
CIC letter to sponsor. Sponsorship approved: November 23, 2015
CIC letter to applicant. Informing interview to be scheduled soon: November 26, 2015
CIC letter to applicant. Informing landing interview: November 30, 2015
Landing interview: December 3, 2015

siopao28

Sep 1, 2015
sniper23 said:
Does anyone know if i can do my child medical done before cic request for it???he put done as none accompany
wait for their request because medical expires within a year

birdboy008

Feb 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Re: 2014 November Applications

screech339 said:
It could be that CIC are focusing on processing 25000 refugees by end of the year. Yes, it seems that liberals have placed the spouses / CL PR processing on the backburner until the 25000 refugees are processed first.
Just another reason to despise Daesh/ISIS/ISIL/Whatever-they're-called-today/A-holes. I remind you all that these refugees have it infinitely worse than most of us and if it takes CIC another 2 years to give me a PR card, then I need to try and focus my anger and disappointment on those miserable Daesh jerks. They're nothing more than murderers and rapists.

I for one welcome the Syrian refugees. I hope you find peace here in Canada and if you're settling in the Hamilton area, message me if you want to have coffee together. I will help you anyway that I can. I also continue to hope that one day Canada will welcome me too, whenever they manage to get to it. I can get by on the work permit and private health insurance for now (any suggestions for health coverage?).

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014

birdboy008 said:
Just another reason to despise Daesh/ISIS/ISIL/Whatever-they're-called-today/A-holes. I remind you all that these refugees have it infinitely worse than most of us and if it takes CIC another 2 years to give me a PR card, then I need to try and focus my anger and disappointment on those miserable Daesh jerks. They're nothing more than murderers and rapists.

I for one welcome the Syrian refugees. I hope you find peace here in Canada and if you're settling in the Hamilton area, message me if you want to have coffee together. I will help you anyway that I can. I also continue to hope that one day Canada will welcome me too, whenever they manage to get to it. I can get by on the work permit and private health insurance for now (any suggestions for health coverage?).
Hey, if you have a work permit, you should be able to get health coverage in Ontario. I just moved here, and that was possibly the smoothest process I've experienced with Canadian system thus far. I brought with me my AIP email print out and my work permit to Service Ontario, and even though my work permit was expiring in a month or so, I still got my health card that's good until June 2016.

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
ckash16 said:
same here.. applied in feb 2014. just waiting since providing the medicals end of May
oh yippee i'm not the last one standing. January 2014 here, only requested medical like last month......... AIP June, and I did send in my medical with my original application. That's extra 300 bucks + extra blood work...

Most recent thing on my "check application status" is June though, they didn't say anything about asking me to redo my medical.

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
GustavesF said:
Does anyone know what kind of timeline I can expect out of getting an OHIP card?

For example, assuming that I've finally tricked the clerks at OHIP in to giving us coverage, and they put a certain date that coverage will begin on, does that mean we'll actually have a card by that date?

If my date for coverage was November 10, does that mean I should have gotten a card by November 10, or does that mean they load up the delivery toad on November 10th and after 14 to 18 weeks I'll actually get the card.
Just catching up on all that I've missed here, not sure if someone responded yet, I also realize how incredible lucky I was when I got my OHIP :eek:

My OHIP card says issued Sept 29 which is the day that I was in Service Ontario. Got the card not long after, maybe couple of weeks, definitely within a month.

I guess the "guide" to getting OHIP is actually ambiguous because I know when I went in, the guy had to double check with his superior but when they saw all my docs, they passed me through. GOOD LUCK!

birdboy008

Feb 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014

28january said:
Hey, if you have a work permit, you should be able to get health coverage in Ontario. I just moved here, and that was possibly the smoothest process I've experienced with Canadian system thus far. I brought with me my AIP email print out and my work permit to Service Ontario, and even though my work permit was expiring in a month or so, I still got my health card that's good until June 2016.
I tried twice and both times they said I needed a letter from an employer. Unfortunately I am still unemployed so no letter. Very frustrating.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013

birdboy008 said:
I tried twice and both times they said I needed a letter from an employer. Unfortunately I am still unemployed so no letter. Very frustrating.
28january said:
The difference is 28january has an AIP email which qualifies the person for PR which is also the minimum requirement for OHIP. In your case, you got a pilot OWP before you got AIP stage. Pilot OWP does not mean you qualify for PR status like AIP, regular OWP and DM letter does. Big difference. Letter from employer doesn't mean you qualified for PR status.