+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

jameswm999

Aug 26, 2015
Good Afternoon,

I have a question regarding inland applications maybe someone will have some knowledge of.

I am a Canadian citizen as are my 4 children. I live in the UK. My wife is a British citizen. Is it possible for us to immigrate to Canada and then do an inland application for my wife? If it is possible does she need a visa to go to Canada? ]

Thanks for any help you can give.

James

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
jameswm999 said:
Good Afternoon,

I have a question regarding inland applications maybe someone will have some knowledge of.

I am a Canadian citizen as are my 4 children. I live in the UK. My wife is a British citizen. Is it possible for us to immigrate to Canada and then do an inland application for my wife? If it is possible does she need a visa to go to Canada? ]

James
UK is visa exempt so she doesn't need a visa to Canada. If you travel after March 2016, she'll need aTA - electronic travel authorization, but it only takes few min and costs 7$ as I recall.
Your wife should first come as a visitor. Telling the CBSA that she's moving to Canada would be risky! Why don't you apply outland? Isn't it faster for uk than inland?

good luck!!!

Margiela

Apr 3, 2014
Hi all,

Congrats to those who are already landed immigrants and more patience to those who are still waiting.

Here is the update on my application.

Application was received on Fed 3, 2014, AOR was received in May 2014. Then a year after in May 2015 my common-law partner were notified about SA and at the same time I received email from CIC requesting a new completed IMM5409 (Stat Dec of Common-Law). The requested document were sent on the next day and since then we haven't heard anything from CIC until today. Today I have received AIP notification but no final decision yet. This never ending process is just killing me and my sanity! and I HOPE the end will come soon with the positive outcome. My officer is SMC if anyone interested.

Also, for those who plans on travelling/leaving the country I've done it three or four times for at least 2 weeks each time and I had no issues on the border on the way back. I traveled with my common law partner as well as our daughter.

Good luck to everybody!!!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Maggie03 said:
I think I did the right one for gsmc request I paid $5 for it at ATIP website
Yes, that will be it! Although you can apply for GCMS notes for free. It depends which options you choose, but for someone who is currently in Canada it can be free (you can read more in the FAQ).

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
hollywoodcory said:
I was just wondering, do they usually only communicate via email? We got our "application has been received" letter in the mail.
I'm only asking to make sure I don't miss one of their messages.

I've been actively checking ecas too, but still not expecting to hear anything for months.
If you gave them your email address, they usually communicate via email, but not always. Usual CIC inconsistency.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
jameswm999 said:
Good Afternoon,

James
You should apply outland, check out this thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-london-uk-applications-t49436.18060.html
And this site:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
hwanlj said:
was there anything useful in their response?
Absolutely nothing. They just quote the current processing dates as per the website.

Just a copy-paste job from 1 or 2 pages from their useless piece of garbage website.

Definitely not worth waiting 4 months for.

jarry

Nov 23, 2014
Margiela said:
Hi all,

Congrats to those who are already landed immigrants and more patience to those who are still waiting.

Here is the update on my application.

Application was received on Fed 3, 2014, AOR was received in May 2014. Then a year after in May 2015 my common-law partner were notified about SA and at the same time I received email from CIC requesting a new completed IMM5409 (Stat Dec of Common-Law). The requested document were sent on the next day and since then we haven't heard anything from CIC until today. Today I have received AIP notification but no final decision yet. This never ending process is just killing me and my sanity! and I HOPE the end will come soon with the positive outcome. My officer is SMC if anyone interested.

Also, for those who plans on travelling/leaving the country I've done it three or four times for at least 2 weeks each time and I had no issues on the border on the way back. I traveled with my common law partner as well as our daughter.

Good luck to everybody!!!

Hi, may I know what are the requirements to go back home in the country? Cause I'm from the Philippines and we are planning to go home in the Philippines but one of the agent told to us that we are not allowed to out the country cause still on process our application. Dec 2014 our application and CSQ already submitted to the CIC

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
annakrystyna13 said:
I have a bad feeling that all these petitions won't change anything. I was really frustrated waiting for my application be approved, and the processing times just kept increasing. Unfortunately, Express Entry is now their priority. And to be honest, I am not surprised. Canada needs skilled and educated immigrants, who are fluent in English. In the Family Class they have no guarantee that the sponsored person has all those qualities. It's discrimination but it's the truth. Also, they probably treat all applicants as liers who want to cheat their way into Canada. And I don't blame them. There are enough fake marriages for them to assume that. It's also important to remember that immigration to Canada is not our RIGHT, it's a PRIVILEGE, and as much as I understand everyone's frustration, they can do whatever they want. Just be patient.
And to those applicants who are getting ready to submit an application, remember that it is your responsibility to convince the officer that your marriage is genuine. Also, provide all supporting documents right away, including medical and police certificates. It's the one thing you can do to make sure your application goes smoothly....
Petitions won't change anything. We're used to slow unresponsive, ineffective, government programs in Canada and that's just how it is.
Doesn't matter how much you pay versus what you get, it's all socialized such that the government's agenda is the only one that matters.
If Canada decides that it wants more refugees this year, people who have been waiting a year or two will just have to wait longer, because Canada will just take that resource that's already paid for and since it's in CIC's basket will shuffle it over.

Doesn't matter that EE is a different program, doesn't matter that CIC is just too stubborn and union-centric to simply get more workers, that's what's supposedly going to benefit our economy the most (because we all know that people starting families is what kills the economy, right?). No problem, just take those fees and budgets allocated to Family Class PRs and shuffle that over to EE. Nooo, don't charge a bit extra for EE and adjust your workforce so you can actually do it, why bother keeping to prior commitments when you're the government and you can do whatever you want.

Regarding the "Right vs Privilege" bit, don't even start that.
Once I pay the fees, invest years of my life, and subscribe to some kind of worthless CIC promise or directive, it suddenly becomes my right that the clowns processing my application stick to their promises made at the beginning. After I pay my fees and subscribe to a level or torture, don't give me triple the torture.
Don't let me buy a plane ticket, make me wait at the airport, then tell me I have to ride a bike because more valuable people have already boarded.

If they want to make this prejudice based upon language skills or net income, then go ahead and do it, officially.
Don't just mess around for years at a time and push people already in the system around like they're animals.

If they honestly only care about importing skilled labor then don't let skilled workers immigrate if they have a spouse. Or don't allow anyone with children.
Or if families of skilled laborers is OK, then why not just disallow any would-be sponsors who don't have a high enough net income, don't pay enough taxes, or don't have the right degrees?
Maybe disallow anyone who isn't a home-owner. Better yet, make sure they own a car too.
Disallow sponsors who are the wrong first-language, working the wrong job, on disability, didn't work full-time for 3 years prior to attempting to sponsor.
Only allow family-class PR from 1st World Nations, or maybe only from nations with a higher GDP than Canada.
Disallow sponsorship from non-citizens.
Disallow sponsorship from non-10-year-citizens.
Does that sound stupid? That's because it IS stupid.

If I as a Canadian can't earn the right to my spouse showing up in a timely manner, then why can some non-Canadian from some other country *earn* the right to express entry?
If some software engineer from Ireland can say "hey look at all my software engineering skills, let me in within 2 weeks" why can't a Canadian say "hey look at me, I'm a Nuclear Power Generation Engineer, I pay tens of thousands of dollars in taxes every year to my useless government, let my husband from France come to Canada so we can have a family so we can buy more houses, cars, diapers, and junk in Canada instead of France, process our application within 400 years please.

Do you know how many marriages are fake? Fewer than you think, since you've thought to mention it.

How many skilled, educated, Canadians are having their family plans shafted because their spouse isn't skilled as well?
If Canada desperately wants to attract talent maybe they should work on trying to keep the talent they already have, instead of making them want to cross the border in the other direction.

There are *plenty* of immigrants from 1st World Nations.

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
GustavesF said:
Petitions won't change anything. We're used to slow unresponsive, ineffective, government programs in Canada and that's just how it is.
Doesn't matter how much you pay versus what you get, it's all socialized such that the government's agenda is the only one that matters.
If Canada decides that it wants more refugees this year, people who have been waiting a year or two will just have to wait longer, because Canada will just take that resource that's already paid for and since it's in CIC's basket will shuffle it over.

Doesn't matter that EE is a different program, doesn't matter that CIC is just too stubborn and union-centric to simply get more workers, that's what's supposedly going to benefit our economy the most (because we all know that people starting families is what kills the economy, right?). No problem, just take those fees and budgets allocated to Family Class PRs and shuffle that over to EE. Nooo, don't charge a bit extra........................

EXACTLY.
Very well said.

We paid money and we are supposed to receive service.
When I see CIC bragging a new grad from xx college got granted for PR within 3 months, it makes me so mad.
I have been paying my taxes as a student and worker in Canada since 2008, and they forced me to apply under sponsorship. When they removed my occupation from eligibility for CEC in 2014, I had no option, but applying under sponsorship.

I AM more skilled than most of new grads who are getting LMIA and ready to apply for PR now.I have been working in business sector since 2010, and am contributing to this economy.
This total process is just a severe torture.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
hwanlj said:
EXACTLY.
Very well said.

We paid money and we are supposed to receive service.
When I see CIC bragging a new grad from xx college got granted for PR within 3 months, it makes me so mad.
I have been paying my taxes as a student and worker in Canada since 2008, and they forced me to apply under sponsorship. When they removed my occupation from eligibility for CEC in 2014, I had no option, but applying under sponsorship.

I AM more skilled than most of new grads who are getting LMIA and ready to apply for PR now.I have been working in business sector since 2010, and am contributing to this economy.
This total process is just a severe torture.
Exactly... CIC knows that I paid X amount in taxes last year.
They know I'm a degree bearing professional, and they know how many people I employ.

I've said it before, I'm everything they're looking for in an immigrant, but since I'm already a citizen I'm not entitled to benefit from the bonuses they're giving to these EE applicants.
We certainly don't want skilled citizens to have families. We've got to make sure our population keeps aging.

Apparently CIC thinks it's a cell phone service provider, giving new customers big bonuses and treating their existing ones like dirt.

akikan

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Just landed today, very easy question, finally done after this long wait. Good luck to everyone who are still waiting :)

Margiela

Apr 3, 2014
jarry said:
Hi, may I know what are the requirements to go back home in the country? Cause I'm from the Philippines and we are planning to go home in the Philippines but one of the agent told to us that we are not allowed to out the country cause still on process our application. Dec 2014 our application and CSQ already submitted to the CIC
Hi Jarry,

If you meant coming back to Canada then, of course, you need to have a valid work/study permit as well as a valid TRV. I don't know how it would work with a tourist visa as I never had it and never traveled with it to/from Canada.