Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
hwanlj said:
Yea I just got an automatic message saying it will take 30 BUSINESS DAYS to process this..

Sigh.. so I have to wait for another 6 weeks or more..
Probably 4 months. I inquired, got the "10 to 30 working days" and their response came after 4 months.

They used the word "working days" in my auto-response. I suppose that means they work about 10 to 12 days a month.
Sounds about right.

Sorry this is happening to you. Unfortunately everyone at CIC is rather stupid.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
sophieee said:
There are already so many petitions...
https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor
https://www.change.org/p/office-of-the-auditor-general-of-canada-audit-citizenship-immigration-canada-for-service-delivery-in-inland-spousal-sponsorship?tk=tJoYIvNgtgYQpsPQUUxZx0KmtQpz1uu29wnHZPHGbWw&utm_source=petition_update&utm_medium=email
http://petition.ndp.ca/inland-sponsorship
Sign them all...keep signing them!! :)

hollywoodcory

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2014
Doc's Request.
AIP: 24-02-2016
AOR Received.
25-01-2015 / 16-09-2015
Med's Done....
re-done 06-03-2016
Interview........
SA: 24-02-2016
LANDED..........
28-04-2016
I was just wondering, do they usually only communicate via email? We got our "application has been received" letter in the mail.
I'm only asking to make sure I don't miss one of their messages.

I've been actively checking ecas too, but still not expecting to hear anything for months.

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
chilkootcee said:
Sign them all...keep signing them!! :)
I have a bad feeling that all these petitions won't change anything. I was really frustrated waiting for my application be approved, and the processing times just kept increasing. Unfortunately, Express Entry is now their priority. And to be honest, I am not surprised. Canada needs skilled and educated immigrants, who are fluent in English. In the Family Class they have no guarantee that the sponsored person has all those qualities. It's discrimination but it's the truth. Also, they probably treat all applicants as liers who want to cheat their way into Canada. And I don't blame them. There are enough fake marriages for them to assume that. It's also important to remember that immigration to Canada is not our RIGHT, it's a PRIVILEGE, and as much as I understand everyone's frustration, they can do whatever they want. Just be patient.
And to those applicants who are getting ready to submit an application, remember that it is your responsibility to convince the officer that your marriage is genuine. Also, provide all supporting documents right away, including medical and police certificates. It's the one thing you can do to make sure your application goes smoothly....

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think they are trying to phase out inland applications. ppl should be using outland applications now even if they are staying in canada. they may curb applications for people who are out of status in canada. i believe the wordings in the manual were changed to that effect for a while. inland applications may soon be only available for in status application who are in canada for the long run like students or temp workers. that's what it was originally meant for. however people started misusing the loopholes by coming over here as visitors and applying (due to short waiting time). now it has backfired on everybody.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
annakrystyna13 said:
I have a bad feeling that all these petitions won't change anything. I was really frustrated waiting for my application be approved, and the processing times just kept increasing. Unfortunately, Express Entry is now their priority. And to be honest, I am not surprised. Canada needs skilled and educated immigrants, who are fluent in English. In the Family Class they have no guarantee that the sponsored person has all those qualities. It's discrimination but it's the truth. Also, they probably treat all applicants as liers who want to cheat their way into Canada. And I don't blame them. There are enough fake marriages for them to assume that. It's also important to remember that immigration to Canada is not our RIGHT, it's a PRIVILEGE, and as much as I understand everyone's frustration, they can do whatever they want. Just be patient.
And to those applicants who are getting ready to submit an application, remember that it is your responsibility to convince the officer that your marriage is genuine. Also, provide all supporting documents right away, including medical and police certificates. It's the one thing you can do to make sure your application goes smoothly....
+1 for your very mature response to the current situation.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
annakrystyna13 said:
I would buy that argument if they treated all spousal applications the same...but they don't. Foreign students and foreign workers do not have to prove relationship is genuine. Why the double standard? Yes, there is marriage fraud...but I suspect the actual numbers are far lower than we are led to believe. Plus, why wold anyone (sponsor) undertake to support the applicant financially for 3 years (even if the relationship doesn't work)...this is a huge commitment.

Finally, I have a HUGE issue with CIC's assumption that our family members are potential drains on the economy rather than contributors. BESIDES the fact that many of our family members are educated and employable....they are also NOT valuing the contribution of spouses who stay at home. Studies show that strong family relationships make strong people....and are more resilient to tough times. They need to VALUE the potential economic contribution of our family members from a FULL COST accounting.

Besides, with the current processing times, why would you even bother to fake a relationship!!!! Forge your documents, apply express entry...and go from there (but please don't!!!! cause Canada doesn't need people like that)

C.

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
chilkootcee said:
I would buy that argument if they treated all spousal applications the same...but they don't. Foreign students and foreign workers do not have to prove relationship is genuine. Why the double standard? Yes, there is marriage fraud...but I suspect the actual numbers are far lower than we are led to believe. Plus, why wold anyone (sponsor) undertake to support the applicant financially for 3 years (even if the relationship doesn't work)...this is a huge commitment.

Finally, I have a HUGE issue with CIC's assumption that our family members are potential drains on the economy rather than contributors. BESIDES the fact that many of our family members are educated and employable....they are also NOT valuing the contribution of spouses who stay at home. Studies show that strong family relationships make strong people....and are more resilient to tough times. They need to VALUE the potential economic contribution of our family members from a FULL COST accounting.

Besides, with the current processing times, why would you even bother to fake a relationship!!!! Forge your documents, apply express entry...and go from there (but please don't!!!! cause Canada doesn't need people like that)

C.
You are absolutely right about our family members being educated and employable but CIC does not consider that at all. I'm only being the devil's advocate here. The people who apply under the Family class are probably not eligible for express entry. And forging documents is not only stupid but pretty much impossible. Are you aware what kinds of documents are required for EE? I don't think any University would issue a fake degree. At least not in civilized coutries....

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
annakrystyna13 said:
You are absolutely right about our family members being educated and employable but CIC does not consider that at all. I'm only being the devil's advocate here. The people who apply under the Family class are probably not eligible for express entry. And forging documents is not only stupid but pretty much impossible. Are you aware what kinds of documents are required for EE? I don't think any University would issue a fake degree. At least not in civilized coutries....
Yup...which is why the excessive fear mongering and worrying over letting "bad people" into the country is a bunch of bull..just to keep Canadians from seeing the real issues on how these and other policy changes have incrementally eroded the rights and freedoms that Canada so proudly stood for. :(

inland2014

Aug 4, 2015
Hi! Someone has renewed the OWP? .. How is the process? .. mine expires in January 2016 because my passport expires too.. Thanks

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
You have to get a new passport before you can apply for another OWP.

inland2014

Aug 4, 2015
MaryLou6 said:
You have to get a new passport before you can apply for another OWP.
Hi!.. I know.. I going to do that tomorrow... (Someone from Spain in this forum know how many time take the new passport???)... I just wanna know if i can ask for the new OWP online? If is someone already do that, for know the times.

Thanks

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
GustavesF said:
Probably 4 months. I inquired, got the "10 to 30 working days" and their response came after 4 months.

They used the word "working days" in my auto-response. I suppose that means they work about 10 to 12 days a month.
Sounds about right.

Sorry this is happening to you. Unfortunately everyone at CIC is rather stupid.
was there anything useful in their response?

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
DM 10/02/2016 Passport Copy Request 11/02/2016
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
chakrab said:
i think they are trying to phase out inland applications. ppl should be using outland applications now even if they are staying in canada. they may curb applications for people who are out of status in canada. i believe the wordings in the manual were changed to that effect for a while. inland applications may soon be only available for in status application who are in canada for the long run like students or temp workers. that's what it was originally meant for. however people started misusing the loopholes by coming over here as visitors and applying (due to short waiting time). now it has backfired on everybody.
The visitor loophole should be closed and CIC could introduce a prospective marriage, partner visa or something of that nature like Australia has. It could be applied for out of country as part of the sponsorship process and once granted allow the spouse to remain in Canada, work and have access to healthcare for the duration of the sponsorship process.. As long as it was processed in the same time or less that a TRV is I think it could work, if however it took longer then it would not be an advantage.. Just my thoughts on the subject :)

My partner and I looked into living both here in Canada and Australia where I am from. Australia has significantly lower processing times (6-8 months for all countries) however is more than six times the cost. I guess this is the trade off, if we want faster processing times we need to be prepared to pay for them.