+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
screech339 said:
As Ponga has mentioned, does CIC have a gun placed at the head of the inland applicant? No. The applicant is free to leave Canada at anytime. Noone at CIC is stopping her/him from leaving Canada. So the applicant is free to leave what you call "jail" . If an applicant can actually leave Canada without any restrictions none whatsoever, how is that called jail. Jail is a place whereby a person cannot leave at all despite every effort. So please tone down your exaggeration.
The applicant is not exactly free to leave Canada. For one, the inland program requires the spouses to stay in Canada, hence the name INLAND. Also, if the applicant is out of status, he or she can leave Canada, but chances are they won't be allowed back in. So it does feel like jail for many, many people.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
annakrystyna13 said:
The applicant is not exactly free to leave Canada. For one, the inland program requires the spouses to stay in Canada, hence the name INLAND. Also, if the applicant is out of status, he or she can leave Canada, but chances are they won't be allowed back in. So it does feel like jail for many, many people.
This is NOT true. It is recommended that an Inland applicant remain in Canada, but it is not a requirement, as long as the leave is brief (such as a couple of weeks)...AND, the person is allowed to re-enter Canada. This is the [potential] crux of the problem, not leaving in and of itself.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
annakrystyna13 said:
Again no one is prevented from leaving. Does the inland applicant have an ankle tracking bracelet? Does CIC have police at the airport to prevent inland applicant from leaving? No.

Please show me where in law that an applicant cannot physically leave Canada for inland application. There is none. All it is, is that if anyone does leave and end up being denied back into Canada, will lose their inland application. That's all.

In theory, one could actually leave Canada during the inland process and re-enter Canada for landing appointment and still actually get away with it.

Those that think they are in jail is strictly their personal opinion, nothing more. Has no basic in facts.

Take a look at all the postings made on the forum by the majority of inland applicants being able to leave Canada briefly. That doesn't sound like jail to me.

Toronto84

Jul 23, 2015
Hey everyone,

Since you are discussing the topic of traveling abroad during the inland application, I have a few questions.

My wife and I traveling to her birth country, which is visa exempt, for her brothers wedding.

When returning to Canada, does she:

1. Inform the Canada Border Officer that she has an application in process or does she say she is visiting her family and husband in Canada?

2. Does she write on the form returning to Canada that she is traveling with her husband?

3. She has a ticket back to her birth country for 1 month and does she inform the officer that she is visiting her husband in Canada for one month only when she does have an inland application in process?

Essentially, should she inform the officer that she is visiting her husband in Canada or does she inform the officer upfront that she has an inland application in process?

Thanks everyone for your help!!

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
annakrystyna13 said:
being out of status is a mistake in first place. nothing to do with applying inland. no one should go out of status for whatever eason. ppl take advantage of the implied status a lil too much and then screw themselves over. we are inland with study and work permits on the side. we would go to usa once or twice a month, no issues.

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
chakrab said:
being out of status is a mistake in first place. nothing to do with applying inland. no one should go out of status for whatever eason. ppl take advantage of the implied status a lil too much and then screw themselves over. we are inland with study and work permits on the side. we would go to usa once or twice a month, no issues.
Of course it is a mistake to be out of status, but sometimes it is out of our hands. Not everyone is elegible for a work permit, and many people are denied an extension on their visitor's visa for many different reasons. Consider yourselves very lucky.

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Toronto84 said:
Hey everyone,

Since you are discussing the topic of traveling abroad during the inland application, I have a few questions.

My wife and I traveling to her birth country, which is visa exempt, for her brothers wedding.

When returning to Canada, does she:

1. Inform the Canada Border Officer that she has an application in process or does she say she is visiting her family and husband in Canada?

2. Does she write on the form returning to Canada that she is traveling with her husband?

3. She has a ticket back to her birth country for 1 month and does she inform the officer that she is visiting her husband in Canada for one month only when she does have an inland application in process?

Essentially, should she inform the officer that she is visiting her husband in Canada or does she inform the officer upfront that she has an inland application in process?

Thanks everyone for your help!!
I guess you're just overthinking about this whole situation. At the port of entry the officer will only check the docs and may ask if you know each other, what's your relation to each other, mention each other as husband and wife, the purpose of your visit, if you're bringing any tobacco or narcotics with you (lol) ;D along with some silly questions :D
In your earlier post you said your wife has an open work permit then the officer won't ask intent of stay, if at all the officer or the form asks about when will you be leaving Canada just mention at the expiration of work permit. The officer is not going to ask you whole bunch of questions about inland sponsorship and stuff.
I know you're mainly concerned about that neither visitor record nor work permit guarantees re-entry but that doesn't mean they refuse re-entry to every single person/couple with inland sponsorship in process. They write or say this because in case a person is involved in illegal activities, crime, or is medically unfit which makes him/her inadmissible to Canada (even though they have proper paper work in place) they will not let the person/couple enter Canada.
I have my wife's inland file in process and we visited the states in feb and had no problems while coming back. It took less than 2 mins and the officer asked 2-3 above questions and stamped our passports.
-Radium

Toronto84

Jul 23, 2015
Hey Radium,

I just have one more question.

From what I remember, there is a form to complete when coming to Canada. I believe it asks if the person is coming to visit, is it for business or if they are returning to Canada as a resident.

How should my wife and I answer this question?

Thank you again for all your help. You have been great in answering our questions and providing great information.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Ponga said:
I certainly understand your frustration, and I enjoy reading your posts because you bring much needed humour here, but...how does reaching AIP suddenly release an Inland applicant from the `jail' that you mention? If you're referring to the `don't leave Canada' stigma that consumes most Inland applicants, you should know that AIP still doesn't guarantee re-entry into Canada.
Oh, I couldn't care less about the recommendations to not leave Canada. We leave all the time, aaaaaall the time.
I enter/leave Canada about 4 times a month, and about half of those times I have my wife with me.

I'm primarily referring to 2 things:
1. Nothing happens with your application before AIP. It sits there, and you can't even ask about it without the answer being whatever a guy looking at ECas for you can tell you.
2. NO HEALTH CARE

#2 is driving me insane. Everyone knows the implications of this health care situation in Ontario, and for good reason my life is on-hold until I get AIP.

If Canada is so worried about Inland scammers why don't they do AIP as soon as possible instead of letting fraudsters stay here for 2 years ironing out the wrinkles while their application sits in a pile.

screech339 said:
So please tone down your exaggeration.
I'm here to make up for all the Canadians out there who are far too quiet and polite about being pushed around.

CIC has already made it clear they don't care about anyone unless the press gets involved somehow, so if I can inspire some more people to speak out I'm certainly going to do that.
I asked my MP's office if there have been any complaints about CIC waiting times. Apparently they have never fielded any complaints about this. I'm the only one. So my MP couldn't care less.

It's not an exaggeration, our complaints matter, and the way they do things at CIC is unfair plainly for the reason that it's too difficult to do otherwise.
This is a 1st World Nation, not a dictatorship run off drug money.

I personally don't want our doctors and engineers to leave Canada simply because it's too hard to bring their foreign not-in-demand spouse.
If those EE's are so important Canada should probably figure a few things out before it loses a generation of contributing families.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
GustavesF said:
2. NO HEALTH CARE

#2 is driving me insane. Everyone knows the implications of this health care situation in Ontario, and for good reason my life is on-hold until I get AIP.
Regarding your complaints over no health care coverage, take it up with your provincial government. They are the one that decides who qualifies for OHIP or not. That's not the federal government's responsibility.

If getting health coverage is sooooo important, there is another option. Move to Alberta. They offer health coverage from day 1. If you want to stay in Ontario, you have to abide by Ontario's health qualification rules.

Rockstarr

May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-14
AOR Received.
08-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-06-2014
For Quebec Applicants... Does it ever show "CSQ received" on ECAS?

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
screech339 said:
Regarding your complaints over no health care coverage, take it up with your provincial government. They are the one that decides who qualifies for OHIP or not. That's not the federal government's responsibility.

If getting health coverage is sooooo important, there is another option. Move to Alberta. They offer health coverage from day 1. If you want to stay in Ontario, you have to abide by Ontario's health qualification rules.
Actually, a much better option would be for me to immigrate instead of my wife.
Then I could renounce my citizenship and immigrate back to Canada as a skilled worker, and I'd still be covered faster than through inland. Almost a joke, almost true.

Ontario's Health Care rules are broken. What they allow and what they don't allow doesn't make any sense, *BUT* I'm not talking about that. So don't bring it up.
I can live with their rules *IF* CIC would actually do it's job. Until Ontario Health pulls another move like it did with the new directive not to grant Healthcare with type 27's, I'm fine with their rules.

But what I can't stomach is CIC's refusal to operate reasonably.
Another 4 to 6 month shutdown because CIC wants to implement a new program and pulls all resources into launching it.
Another 1 or 2 months of delay because CIC can't be bothered to process applications in the order they receive them.

Knowing what the "rules" were I expected to apply for health care 8 months after submitting my application, and along the way that grew to 17 months.
At various points of time there were glimmers of hope with the pilot program, which quickly faded (to your delight).

Honestly, I don't even care how long it takes to land, or anything, I just want AIP so I can live normally. I'm not sure why that upsets you so much.
Just pretend that you don't know the nefarious reasons behind my desire to finally get AIP, I just want AIP.

I know what the rules are, and I know what the fine print says, and I know I don't have grounds to sue, but I certainly have grounds to complain on a forum.
I don't need you to tell me exactly what I've been hearing from the other side of the fence for the past 17 months.
I can talk to my MP, my MPP, Health Ontario, Service Ontario, or the Call Center if I want to hear from someone who has no sympathy for our frustration.