Interview........
March 2016 - AIP
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
Aug - 2016
Thank you Sophie
We will request the notes soon
Any idea what will be the next process ?

StefanoR

Apr 24, 2014
Hi everyone,
I got my interview on July 15th and I finally became a PR that day. The only small problem was that they didn't like the pictures I had brought along ("the background is too yellow" :-X) so I had to go get new ones.
Waiting for the PR card now. It is so stupid that it takes 3+ months and I cannot cross the border on a commercial vehicle until I get it.
They didn't complain that the medicals were technically expired (I had done them on Dec 2013).
I am certainly glad I will not have to deal with them for another 4.5 years.
I also got a new SIN and a new carecard, so I can finally have a normal life.

I wish all the best to everyone else still waiting.

Maggie03

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
May 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 2015
Med's Done....
Submitted with App
Interview........
March 2016 - AIP
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
Aug - 2016
I wonder are we the only one had local office transfer
Another email says federal approval I assume that's the AIP?
Getting a little worried

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Hey all,

I'm trying to get support for a petition I've created regarding the wait times and communication inconsistencies from CIC https://www.change.org/p/honourable-chris-alexander-minister-of-citizenship-and-immigration-canada-decrease-canadian-family-class-immigrant-application-times-and-improve-processes-and-responsiveness-for-applicants?recruiter=366838292&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

I created a new thread that includes this link as well as a sample letter that one can write to their MP. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/letter-to-mp-to-decrease-application-processing-times-and-petition-to-minister-t346748.0.html][url]http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/letter-to-mp-to-decrease-application-processing-times-and-petition-to-minister-t346748.0.html[/url]

Please consider taking this small action to help those waiting both in Canada and overseas. The key is to share the link with as many people as you can. Post it to facebook, etc.

C.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats to every who got DM or landed. just a quick note, and trust me this is important, start keeping a tab of dates and places every time you go out of canada. you will need this when you apply for citizenship or renew your PR card. i used to keep a google doc sheet and noted every trip down. very important for people who visit USA often.

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
CIC website says that PR processing times for new residents is now 80 days. I've been waiting for 97 days. Not that I'm complaining because we're not planning on travelling, but just wanted to let everyone know not to plan any trips for at least 4 months after landing.

akikan

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Maggie03 said:
I wonder are we the only one had local office transfer
Another email says federal approval I assume that's the AIP?
Getting a little worried
dont worry, if you relationships are true, and with plenty of proof, they wont deny you. they started review my file on 7th July, DM made on 8th July, my interview is on 27th August, at Montreal office. they will send you the interview letter 10 days before. So probably gone take another 1.5 month.

this is the email i received from CIC

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in MONTREAL will contact you to arrange an appointment for the
finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original
identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final
decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If
permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent
resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

akikan

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
chakrab said:
congrats to every who got DM or landed. just a quick note, and trust me this is important, start keeping a tab of dates and places every time you go out of canada. you will need this when you apply for citizenship or renew your PR card. i used to keep a google doc sheet and noted every trip down. very important for people who visit USA often.
a very good reminder :) Thank you

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
akikan said:
dont worry, if you relationships are true, and with plenty of proof, they wont deny you. they started review my file on 7th July, DM made on 8th July, my interview is on 27th August, at Montreal office. they will send you the interview letter 10 days before. So probably gone take another 1.5 month.

this is the email i received from CIC

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in MONTREAL will contact you to arrange an appointment for the
finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original
identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final
decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If
permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent
resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.
Akikan,
Notice that your situation is different that Maggie's. Your application was transferred for finalization. Her application was transferred for further assessment. I have a friend who is an April 1st, 2014 applicant, and she received an e-mail a few months ago that her application was transferred to a local office for further assesment and she still heard nothing...

tica1008

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-18-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
Med's Done....
June 2015 got them redone Police Certificate: Sent with application OWP: Sent with application
Interview........
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015
Just got SA!!!
MARCH 18TH!!

WE HAVE TICKETS TO GO TO PANAMA DEC 19TH. I hope thaat maybe if we bring the itinerary at landing interview....(if we ever get DM) lol no soon i know soon......i wonder if they would rush the card for us :(

Maggie03

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
May 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 2015
Med's Done....
Submitted with App
Interview........
March 2016 - AIP
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
Aug - 2016
What is the difference between sponsorship approval and approval in principle does it says in the letter
I'm not sure which one we got

tica1008

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-18-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
Med's Done....
June 2015 got them redone Police Certificate: Sent with application OWP: Sent with application
Interview........
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015
Just got DM!!!!!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maggie03 said:
What is the difference between sponsorship approval and approval in principle does it says in the letter
I'm not sure which one we got

[Notice the words in bold font]
Sponsorship approval is sent to the sponsor's email address and says this:

... You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The application for permanent residence will be processed separately and the applicant will hear from this office shortly. ...

The AIP letter is sent to the applicant's email address and says this:

... It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. ...