20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
GustavesF said:
Actually, a much better option would be for me to immigrate instead of my wife.
Then I could renounce my citizenship and immigrate back to Canada as a skilled worker, and I'd still be covered faster than through inland. Almost a joke, almost true.

Ontario's Health Care rules are broken. What they allow and what they don't allow doesn't make any sense, *BUT* I'm not talking about that. So don't bring it up.
I can live with their rules *IF* CIC would actually do it's job. Until Ontario Health pulls another move like it did with the new directive not to grant Healthcare with type 27's, I'm fine with their rules.
So are you accepting that Ontario Service was in the right to deny health coverage to those with OWP type 27, since you said you are fine with their rules.

You do realize that the rules in Ontario health coverage all along was that the inland applicant must qualify for PR status (AIP stage) in order to qualify for OHIP. OWP type 27 does not stipulate that the applicant does, in fact, qualify for PR status.

What you were hoping to do is bypass the ontario rules of qualifying for PR status for OHIP with your OWP case 27.

But I agree that delaying the AIP as long as it had is a poor excuse for CIC. I do and still expect AIP to be reached 6 months after submitting PR application. It makes more sense that if there was any valid reason for delay, this should have been part of the 2nd stage and leave the timeline for 1st stage left alone. Currently it's 16 months for 1st stage AIP and 10 months for 2nd stage. If I had my way, it would be 6 months for 1st stage and 20 months for 2nd stage. Had this approach been maintained, there would be no reason to have OWP pilot program in the first place. Your spouse along with every other inland applicants would be on OHIP approx 9 months after submitting application instead of 19 month (16 month 1st stage plus 3 months additional wait)

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Another Applicant from the FB group got a DM and his app was received on September 9th, 2014!!!
Officer KDK.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
screech339 said:
But I agree that delaying the AIP as long as it had is a poor excuse for CIC. I do and still expect AIP to be reached 6 months after submitting PR application. It makes more sense that if there was any valid reason for delay, this should have been part of the 2nd stage and leave the timeline for 1st stage left alone. Currently it's 16 months for 1st stage AIP and 10 months for 2nd stage. If I had my way, it would be 6 months for 1st stage and 20 months for 2nd stage. Had this approach been maintained, there would be no reason to have OWP pilot program in the first place.
Exactly, the Pilot would have been useless if they would have simply implemented some better practices.
Currently the Pilot awards an OWP after 4 months without looking into anything at all. If they are worried about fraud they could eliminate fraudsters living and working in Canada for 2 years by simply getting to AIP in a reasonable span of time. How does the Pilot Program substantiate any action toward the excuses they use when we inquire about increasing wait times?

We can't help but notice that CIC simply continues to amass application fees and doing absolutely nothing with it.
They've had my money for 2 years now. What are they funding with our fees? Clearly there's no reinvestment in the program.
They tack on an extra year of processing time, and they get an extra year of operating budget. The bigger the gap the more funds they're simply diverting into other streams.

Not to argue the little things, but it shows 16 months on the website, but March 17 was 17.2 months ago.
At the beginning of 2015 we were at 490 days wait time, and now we're at 521.
We briefly resolved the zero progress of January and February with the progress in May and June, but all that is undone and we haven't even begun to recover from from the processing disaster that was March through September of 2014.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
MaryLou6 said:
Another Applicant from the FB group got a DM and his app was received on September 9th, 2014!!!
Officer KDK.
CIC is trying to cut wait times to 11 months.
How are they going to accomplish this?
By ignoring applications received before September, of course.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
MaryLou6 said:
Officer KDK.
And there is nothing in the background? Difficult country of origin, problems with CBSA... anything?

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
sophieee said:
And there is nothing in the background? Difficult country of origin, problems with CBSA... anything?
Seems like a usual case, no trouble at the border or anything. I think the guy is from Croatia.

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Toronto84 said:
Hey Radium,

I just have one more question.

From what I remember, there is a form to complete when coming to Canada. I believe it asks if the person is coming to visit, is it for business or if they are returning to Canada as a resident.

How should my wife and I answer this question?

Thank you again for all your help. You have been great in answering our questions and providing great information.
Hi,
That form is called "Declaration card" it will be given to you on flight before arrival to Canada.
In "purpose of trip" column check "Personal". You're citizen/PR and your wife is visitor to Canada, fill out appropriate section. You can also google declaration card Canada to get an idea.
Feel free if you have any more question/s.
-Radium

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
inland2014 said:
Hi!... why problems with CBSA makes the process faster?.. What kind of problems?
If there is a removal order against you, but you also have a PR application in process, CBSA can request an expedited process from CIC (or they can just simply remove you). CIC then can fastprocess your application, in as little as one month from receiving (or ignore the request, so CBSA will remove you).

Maggie03

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
May 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 2015
Med's Done....
Submitted with App
Interview........
March 2016 - AIP
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
Aug - 2016
So we received AIP and file transferred to local office
Is that mean we will get interview soon
What is the time line to get interview date

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Maggie03 said:
Congratulations!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Maggie03 said:
Does it say that XY office will contact you regarding the final decision or that your file was transferred for further assessment?

Maggie03

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
May 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 2015
Med's Done....
Submitted with App
Interview........
March 2016 - AIP
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
Aug - 2016
This what the letter says

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Canada Immigration Centre in Montreal for further assessment.

The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision. Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding your application, you may contact the Canada Immigration Centre in writing as follows:

Montreal Immigration 1010 St-Antoine Street W., 2nd Floor Montreal QC H3C 1B2 I

f you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you. IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Maggie03 said:
This what the letter says

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Canada Immigration Centre in Montreal for further assessment.

The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision. Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding your application, you may contact the Canada Immigration Centre in writing as follows:

Montreal Immigration 1010 St-Antoine Street W., 2nd Floor Montreal QC H3C 1B2 I

f you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you. IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.
I'm sorry but this is not exactly good news. CIC has some concerns regarding either one of you or your relationship (most likely with the applicant, if your received AIP). Request your GCMS notes ASAP to find out what it is (see the FAQ in my signature for guidance).