July 2014
Med's Request
20 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
29 Jan 2016
Interview........
10 Mar 2016
cioannou said:
Can someone please confirm what documents need to be sent with the OWP application under the pilot. Other than the actual application form and receipt of payment, is there anything else that needs to be sent?
If you've already applied for the family sponsorship, include a letter stating the date you sent it and your UCI.

cioannou

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
18-06-2014
xxxma3dl said:
If you've already applied for the family sponsorship, include a letter stating the date you sent it and your UCI.
So I don't need to send in copies of my passport or send in any photographs, etc? Just a copy of the AOR.

xxxma3dl

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2014
Med's Request
20 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
29 Jan 2016
Interview........
10 Mar 2016
cioannou said:
So I don't need to send in copies of my passport or send in any photographs, etc? Just a copy of the AOR.
No passport nor photos needed

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
civic said:
Your theory doesn't make sense to me. CIC charged the fee for OWP so they should process it no matter how far or how close a file to AIP. And even at AIP stage, the file can still be referred to local office for further investigation and that would add years of waiting. The OWP will be issued on AOR to all eligible files regardless of how long it would take to grant AIP.
Hi civic did u got ur OWP already? I am so frustrated so many june and july applicants even november 2014 has gotten theirs already but me nothing yet. :(

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
Ponga said:
Maybe...just maybe, CIC is deferring OWP for the `older' applications, because they are close to issuing AIP (and perhaps DM as well).

It wouldn't make sense for them to send out an OWP, under their pilot program, to those that are so close to the end.
Hi ponga did u got ur OWP aready?

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anng said:
Hi civic did u got ur OWP already? I am so frustrated so many june and july applicants even november 2014 has gotten theirs already but me nothing yet. :(
I got mine last Thursday. I am April 2014 applicant

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
civic said:
I got mine last Thursday. I am April 2014 applicant
wow congratulations! I hope will get ours too..

ALEJOMOR

Nov 20, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Congrats to y'all who got OWP already! I'm looking forward to hearing about AIP during this week. It's kinda frustrating to know that CIC is no longer working on In-Canada applications.

jlai720

Jan 14, 2015
Just realized there's a letter from CIC in my mailbox today, and theres it is, finally, my husband's OWP. I am a Feb 2014 applicant btw.

It says DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE-ENTRY so I am guessing it's not okay for him to leave the country yet?!
Anyways, something is better than nothing, hopefully other people waiting desperately will get theirs soon, good luck guys!

ALEJOMOR

Nov 20, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
jlai720 said:
Just realized there's a letter from CIC in my mailbox today, and theres it is, finally, my husband's OWP. I am a Feb 2014 applicant btw.

It says DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE-ENTRY so I am guessing it's not okay for him to leave the country yet?!
Anyways, something is better than nothing, hopefully other people waiting desperately will get theirs soon, good luck guys!
Hello, it says that does not authorize re-entry because it is not a Temporary Resident Visa. You husband may need a TRV to re-enter Canada is he's not from a Visa-exempt country. But, if he needs a TRV, he can easily apply ONLINE for one and he will be able to leave and to re-enter without a problem.

jlai720

Jan 14, 2015
ALEJOMOR said:
Hello, it says that does not authorize re-entry because it is not a Temporary Resident Visa. You husband may need a TRV to re-enter Canada is he's not from a Visa-exempt country. But, if he needs a TRV, he can easily apply ONLINE for one and he will be able to leave and to re-enter without a problem.

My husband is from Japan which i believe is a Visa-exempt country, in that case will he need a TRV?

ALEJOMOR

Nov 20, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
jlai720 said:
My husband is from Japan which i believe is a Visa-exempt country, in that case will he need a TRV?
Hello,

Not at all. If he holds a Japanese passport, he will only need to show his OWP to the CBSA office at the border. I'd advice you to carry a copy of your AOR, Marriage certificate to avoid any kind of problems (just in case lol).

Btw, Congratulations for your' spouse OWP!

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Ponga said:
Maybe...just maybe, CIC is deferring OWP for the `older' applications, because they are close to issuing AIP (and perhaps DM as well).

It wouldn't make sense for them to send out an OWP, under their pilot program, to those that are so close to the end.
This is one of the things that confuses me. I wasn't on this forum when I submitted my application, so I had no idea that I should be submitting an OWP application with my sponsorship application. Outside of info on this forum it wouldn't make any sense to do so. In fact, CIC correspondence explicitly told me that we were not eligible to apply for OWP, and that to get OWP we would need to wait for phase 1 to complete. I didn't ask once, I asked at least 5 times over the period of 2 months.... anyway, that's beside the point.

So, if someone is "close", CIC may just ignore their OWP application all together, that would be a bit of a waste applying to it. Although I suppose $155 is a relatively inexpensive gamble to make.

Honestly though, no one has any idea what "close" means, since someone who submitted August 30th 2013 would have thought they were only 2 months away back in March, and 10 months later are still a day away today, in January.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
ALEJOMOR said:
"Without a problem" is an understatement. CIC recommends NOT to travel during the inalnd sponsorship process, a friend from Germany with a valid OWP was refused re-entry a couple of days ago, the officer was not in the mood to allow him to re-enter. He told him only emergency travel can be considered and he said his inland application is cancelled.

Some got away with it and have been able to travel and get back, but is it worth to gamble with your process ? You play with fire, you can get burned.

Aug 21, 2014
Hi,

is it possible to travel outside of Canada if my common-law partner has a valid Study Permit (until 2015)?
or CIC still doesn't recommend to leave Canada until we receive PR?

Thanks.