+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

susana

Nov 4, 2008
raffylopezcutora said:
hello guys,

i'm a newbie here. Does anybody here knows how long does it take for our Spousal Sponsorship to be opened by an Immigration Officer? We submitted to CPC-Mississauga last October 19, 2014 and was delivered by October 22, 2014 via CanadaPost (according to their website using the tracking number) but until now we didn't hear or received any information from them yet.

thanks in advance..

--Raffy
Working on applications received before August 15, the sponsor will receive an email with file number in the next few days.

raffylopezcutora

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga - inland app
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 19, 2014
AOR Received.
September 9, 2015
Med's Request
September 15, 2015
Med's Done....
September 29, 2014 - upfront
Interview........
October 28, 2015
LANDED..........
October 28, 2015
susana said:
Working on applications received before August 15, the sponsor will receive an email with file number in the next few days.
Hi Susana,

It's an inland application by the way. Is it August 15, 2014 you mean? Where can i find that information?

thanks

Morrison2266

Apr 3, 2013
Hi everyone,

I forgot all about this site as it's been a while since I applied. I haven't posted here before but would like some advice if possible.

I submitted my permanent residence application along with an application for open work permit back in January 2014, I belive it was received around the 22nd. Since then I did get my application back due to a missing signature around April 2014, sent that back and then a couple months later I got my work permit sent back as I did not sent the correct fee( I cannot remember when this was, possibly August, I will dig out all my paperwork later tonight.) I sent the work permit back as requested.

My question is, I have not recieved any type of acknowledgement letter yet. I have spoke with the call centre quite a few times but they have never mentioned this to me, read some other posts which talk about this. Should I be worried I have not got this letter and also is it correct to say I could receive my work permit any te now due to it being submitted last year?

Sorry if this is asking. Report question, just wanted to check for my situation.

Thanks ;) :D

xxxma3dl

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2014
Med's Request
20 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
29 Jan 2016
Interview........
10 Mar 2016
msbozick said:
Sent my OWP app yesterday ;D :D
Hello msbozick! Did you include your AOR in your OWP application?
another question, I'm confused with the "Details of work in Canada" on the form, should I look for a job first so I can provide an address?

viva99

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
-
The fact that people are getting their OWPs had made me very hopeful !
I'm still a little scared though. I applied in November 2014 and haven't heard anything as yet. An AOR would be nice.
At least I'll know they opened the package.

Erzabeth

Feb 18, 2014
Hi guys, someone know where we have to pay (on the cic web page, I can't find it) and how much for the open work permit application?
Thanks

miroseda

Jan 12, 2015
azarme09 said:
OWPs come from CPC-V.
I believe they have temporarily halted to sort out the OWP applications from backlog and send it to CPC-V. I am April'14 applicant & my ecas was updated this month. They are processing my sponsorship file right now.
That's good news.... I submitted mine in June and no trace on ecas. So happy to hear April 2014 has traces already. I tried Application number and required info, nothing.
I pray this Pilot program covers 'out-of-status' applicants. ;D

xxxma3dl

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2014
Med's Request
20 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
29 Jan 2016
Interview........
10 Mar 2016
This information may just help anyone here re OWP :)

- The Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) is not required when submitting an OWP application. Simply include a letter stating whether you have already submitted a family sponsorship application and did not receive an AOR yet. Include the date when the sponsorship application was submitted.

Good luck and God bless us all :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
xxxma3dl said:
This information may just help anyone here re OWP :)

- The Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) is not required when submitting an OWP application. Simply include a letter stating whether you have already submitted a family sponsorship application and did not receive an AOR yet. Include the date when the sponsorship application was submitted.

Good luck and God bless us all :)
OWP can be submitted to CIC-V with a letter explaining that you have submitted a PR application. But CIC-V may not take your word for it. They will want to make sure the PR application is officially submitted thus AOR is required for CIC-V to accept that your application is in the system.

Screech339

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Good news everyone! They're processing August 29, 2013 now!!!

Glad to see they've picked up the pace and things are moving again!

Of course I'm being facetious.

xxxma3dl

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2014
Med's Request
20 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
29 Jan 2016
Interview........
10 Mar 2016
screech339 said:
OWP can be submitted to CIC-V with a letter explaining that you have submitted a PR application. But CIC-V may not take your word for it. They will want to make sure the PR application is officially submitted thus AOR is required for CIC-V to accept that your application is in the system.

Screech339
I called CIC, and they told me this. I'll take my chances :)

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
17 Months for stage 1 now.... Shocking....Soul Destroying.
What's really hilarious is that every time I inquire they say "this is normal processing time".

I really don't understand why they are allowed to call it "normal processing time" just because everyone is backlogged.

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Jamesdavid3 said:
17 Months for stage 1 now.... Shocking....Soul Destroying.
What's really disturbing to me is that it's not actually at 17 months yet, that is not until January 29/15 - so I guess this is CIC's way of saying they will not be processing any applications at all this month??? How are they getting away with all of this? Soul Destroying is right - I am literally getting depressed - I feel so powerless!