+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

softball

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
sent application on May27;
AOR on Aug 08;
Got OWP today.

no status of file received or in progress when I check my application progress. is there anyone submitted their applications around the same time (late May 2014) and actually in process?

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
softball said:
AOR on Aug 08;
Got OWP today.

no status of file received or in progress when I check my application progress. is there anyone submitted their applications around the same time (late May 2014) and actually in process?
You must have filed for OWP, sounds like the pilot program.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its so frustrating to see all these May/June 2014 Applicants who have already received their OWP under this new program.

I think anyone that was involved in the Vegreville to Mississauga transfer has been screwed over.

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
softball said:
AOR on Aug 08;
Got OWP today.

I am also on same timeline.. submitted on May 29th, AOR on August 8th ...waiting for OWP.
May I know when did u mailed your application for OWP ??

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
Its so frustrating to see all these May/June 2014 Applicants who have already received their OWP under this new program.

I think anyone that was involved in the Vegreville to Mississauga transfer has been screwed over.
According to my MP's office the pilot program is a bandaid on a problem they're trying to fix with something more legitimate.

Logically, it makes no sense that anyone applying for Inland Sponsorship would *need* to file for an OWP, baring information from this forum. OWP is supposed to result from the sponsorship process anyway, and all the information on the OWP application is duplicated on the Inland Sponsorship application. Everyone filing for sponsorship eventually gets OWP, so why is an extra application needed?
I was honestly surprised when I learned that people applied for OWP along with Sponsorship because my understanding was that we'd get the OWP through sponsorship anyway.

The short answer is that their process is so barbaric that they actually need the information put onto a different form so they can physically separate processing of the OWP from the sponsorship processing.

My speculation is that they're not going to bother with sponsorship for a while, and will be devoting all effort to this pilot program.

atanto

Apr 2, 2013
I just spoke to a CIC agent this morning.
She gave me good news and bad news.

The good news: my OWP was mailed last Friday

The bad news: They only give me untill October 2015 because my old passport expired the same time.

I have sent them a copy of the new passport in December, Canada Post confirmed that it's been received and signed by CIC however the call centre agent said she couldn't see it.

I am not sure what to do now. Should I fax CIC and make a fuss or should I just let it go and extend again 1 month before the expiry date in October.
Need advice from forum eldes. Thanks in advance.

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
atanto said:
I just spoke to a CIC agent this morning.
She gave me good news and bad news.

The good news: my OWP was mailed last Friday

The bad news: They only give me untill October 2015 because my old passport expired the same time.

I have sent them a copy of the new passport in December, Canada Post confirmed that it's been received and signed by CIC however the call centre agent said she couldn't see it.

I am not sure what to do now. Should I fax CIC and make a fuss or should I just let it go and extend again 1 month before the expiry date in October.
Need advice from forum eldes. Thanks in advance.
Could you tell when did you mailed your OWP? I am waiting to hear the same.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They need to seriously process all of the existing inventory first before they start on the newer ones. fs

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
They need to seriously process all of the existing inventory first before they start on the newer ones. fs
Maybe...just maybe, CIC is deferring OWP for the `older' applications, because they are close to issuing AIP (and perhaps DM as well).

It wouldn't make sense for them to send out an OWP, under their pilot program, to those that are so close to the end.

cioannou

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
18-06-2014
Can someone please confirm what documents need to be sent with the OWP application under the pilot. Other than the actual application form and receipt of payment, is there anything else that needs to be sent?

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
Maybe...just maybe, CIC is deferring OWP for the `older' applications, because they are close to issuing AIP (and perhaps DM as well).

It wouldn't make sense for them to send out an OWP, under their pilot program, to those that are so close to the end.
Your theory doesn't make sense to me. CIC charged the fee for OWP so they should process it no matter how far or how close a file to AIP. And even at AIP stage, the file can still be referred to local office for further investigation and that would add years of waiting. The OWP will be issued on AOR to all eligible files regardless of how long it would take to grant AIP.

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Ponga said:

But they are still taking forever with AIP though :'( If we have to wait for that it won't be until May for early 2014 applicants..