+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
now that people are starting to get OWP, i am curious as to what's the process for getting the TRV? seems like it is possible to apply online from myCIC but how do they stamp the visa on the passport (for online applications)?

ALEJOMOR

Nov 20, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
chakrab said:
now that people are starting to get OWP, i am curious as to what's the process for getting the TRV? seems like it is possible to apply online from myCIC but how do they stamp the visa on the passport (for online applications)?

Hello, it's simply and easy, you have to mail your passport to the CPC-Ottawa and they will attach the TRV to your passport.

Pantsos

Dec 23, 2014
Hi guys. I have a question about my app.

The first time that I sent my app was December 2013 or Jan 2014, after 2 months my application was returned because some of the forms being expired. After resending all of my forms, my visitor status had expired and I was told to write that my status was as a Foreign National, as well as to include a letter of explanation.

My question is- Since 6 months have passed since the last papers i sent in (i've since received my AOR in August, and my Selection du Quebec paper in September and nothing else), do I need to pay again to change my status as a Foreign National? Is there anything I need to do so I will be eligible for the open work permit? (I've submitted the form for OWP with my application papers )
Thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pantsos said:

The first time that I sent my app was December 2013 or Jan 2014, after 2 months my application was returned because some of the forms being expired. After resending all of my forms, my visitor status had expired and I was told to write that my status was as a Foreign National, as well as to include a letter of explanation.

My question is- Since 6 months have passed since the last papers i sent in (i've since received my AOR in August, and my Selection du Quebec paper in September and nothing else), do I need to pay again to change my status as a Foreign National? Is there anything I need to do so I will be eligible for the open work permit? (I've submitted the form for OWP with my application papers )
Thanks
I'm sorry, but I don't understand. Anyone that is in Canada (with or without status) that is not a PR or citizen of Canada is a Foreign National.

If you lost your status and never had it restored, you are still without status, correct? If so, you would not be eligible for an OWP under the recently announced pilot program.

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
Has any 2014 applicants got OWP confirmation thru piliot project? I saw posts that 2013 applicants got OWP thru pilot project started recently.

PLease share.

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
AIP: Sept. 28, 2015-- interview waived DM: Oct. 16, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
Sent my OWP app yesterday ;D :D

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
mahmow said:
So I finally got the AOR yesterday...... Don't understand what took so long..
Congrats! I'm confused. You applied in Sep, right?

I still wait for my AOR..

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
vik999 said:
Has any 2014 applicants got OWP confirmation thru piliot project? I saw posts that 2013 applicants got OWP thru pilot project started recently.

PLease share.
You should have read back one whole page

sophieee said:
Here is a list of the OWP's that were already granted under the new pilot:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZnRF29FWdqOGQV8dW4bImBuIwjCfoy2R8ZycyX4jH0c/edit#gid=0

dongfam

Jan 9, 2015
hello everyone,

I am quite concerned with my application. I sent in my app in May, 2014 along with my work permit, but still have not received AOR yet and ECAS does not work as well. I called in last time, the agent provided me with a file number starting XF not F. Then I called in yesterday again. They were not able to find out if my work permit is properly attached with my application even I provided them with my work permit receipt #. I just want to know if it is normal coz I see that most people on the list got their AORs, and were able to check their work permit status via their receipt #. Thanks!

Estifanos2013

Jan 6, 2015
Pantsos said:

Thanks
I suggest you to contact CIC via phone and aks to look into your file and check whether you are eligible for the OWP pilot or not.
If not - and it sounds like you are not eligible, the best way is to join the facebook group and work with many applicants who are in the same position. The next plan is to neatly inform the director of policies that there are hundreds of applicants who do not qualify for reasons not at their fault and request/suggest steps that would benefit both CIC and the applicants group. There is an applicant who is collecting this information as of now.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Pantsos said:
Sponsor and applicant, they have a different UCI or application number?
Difference UCI numbers between sponsor and applicant: YES but same application number for both.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Pantsos said:
How can i know what is my sponsor's UCI? i have mine.
It depends on the sponsor. If the sponsor is a naturalized Canadian or PR, then he/she has UCI already assigned on PR card or Canadian Citizenship Certificate. If the sponsor is born Canadian, then the UCI will be assigned in the sponsor approval letter or AOR from CIC.

Pantsos

Dec 23, 2014
Ok, me-the applicant received my AOR and my sponsor got an email but the UCI it was the same as mine.

My sponsor got this mail:

Date: September 18, 2014
UCI: ********
Application: *F***** F************ * * - INLAND SCLP
Category: FC1
(Sponsor's Name)
(Address)

Canada

Dear ***** *******:

This confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner In
Canada Class was received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 03/10/2014 on behalf of
the following family member(s):

PRINCIPAL APPLICANT: ********** ********** (date of birth ****/**/**)

If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.
Provincial Requirements for Residents of Québec
As a resident of the province of Québec, you must submit an undertaking application to the Provincial
Government. To download the required forms, please consult the Ministère de l'immigration, de la
diversité et de l'inclusion (MIDI) website at immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca (Sponsors and
Sponsored Persons section). Complete the required forms and promptly submit them to the MIDI at
the address provided in the provincial guide. Do not submit any of the MIDI forms to this office as they
will only be returned to you.

And bla bla bla....

That is not the AIP right?