+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

ROOPsy

Sep 12, 2014
Hello Guys
I have prepared my application but I am still confused if I should send OWP with it. Right now I have PGWP valid upto February 2015. I wasthinking to send the OWP now with my Spousal PR file and then at a letter date I can send my work permit for extension may be 30 days before it expires. Would that work?
Or sending application twice will screw it up?
Thank you

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
ROOPsy said:
Hello Guys
I have prepared my application but I am still confused if I should send OWP with it. Right now I have PGWP valid upto February 2015. I wasthinking to send the OWP now with my Spousal PR file and then at a letter date I can send my work permit for extension may be 30 days before it expires. Would that work?
Thank you
Since the file processing has changed to CPC M Missisuaga office, not sure if they would accept OWP application together ,this was suggested to me by Lawyer. So I filed extenstion later on.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
ROOPsy said:
Hello Guys
Thank you
If you send an OWP application along with your PR application you won't need to send a extension for your work permit later, as you will have implied status and will be able to continue working until AIP.

ROOPsy

Sep 12, 2014
Thank you. But I have seen some comments here and there that you are not able to work after your permit is expired. So was it your personal experience or some of your friend's? I am sorry but I need little more clarification

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Guys Plz,
If someone familiar with GSM notes to plz help me understanding it's secret codes.
App Status: Prospective
Groupe#: 1-4 HKBZSX
Interview Lang: English (does is it mean that I will have an interview?)
Cost Recovery: Outstanding
RPRF: Outstanding
PREFERRED CORRESPONDENCE CHANNEL : Other
# of Clients:2 ( We are 3)
SPR Eligibility:
Family Size:
SA's Met For:
HC- CDA
Triage:
Client/ Party PA
Other relationship Desc:
ACC:
Counterfoil Required : No
I sent my medical but it seems they didnt attach it to my file yet
Medical: ( sent with the App)
Fees
Amount Paid: 0 ( I paid and attached the receipt)
Gropus: 1
Group 1-4HKBZSX
Activity:0

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
MasterBC said:
1. Considering I found employer with available LMIA, how long is the process?
It's about 10-14 days for approval if submitted electronically.

MasterBC said:
2. and, What will happen to my pending OWP application?
Nothing. Around this time next year (assuming the current 13-14 months) they will issue your OWP. It would not restrict you to a specific employer and it wouldn't invalidate your closed work permit.

MasterBC said:
Appreciate some expert advice please, waiting time is killing me... I'm also planning to take some course which as per CIC is possible just make sure its not more that 6mos course.
6 months or part of a degree/certificate program.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Smsm81 said:
The application has not been reviewed by an officer yet.

Smsm81 said:
It means that if you have an interview, it will be in English.

Smsm81 said:
There are outstanding fees to be paid. I suspect they will find no cost recovery is necessary, but you will have to pay the RPRF before they will issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence.

Smsm81 said:
This suggests that either (a) it's you and two dependents; or (b) you're counting the sponsor, while CIC does not. If (a) then you need to fix that with CIC. If (b) then that's what I'd expect to see.

Smsm81 said:
SPR Eligibility:
Family Size:
SA's Met For:
HC- CDA
Triage:
Client/ Party PA
Other relationship Desc:
ACC:
Fees
So it looks like this is pre-sponsor approval. That basically means they haven't done anything. If you included the receipt, it suggests nobody has bothered to log it in to your file yet. Medicals are transferred manually, so it can take a while.

Smsm81 said:
Group 1-4HKBZSX
So your application is "in process" but has not been transferred to a specific visa officer yet (it is in "the registry" - which seems to be their euphemism for "slush pile")

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
Smsm81 said:
Guys Plz,
If someone familiar with GSM notes to plz help me understanding it's secret codes.
Groupe#: 1-4 HKBZSX
PREFERRED CORRESPONDENCE CHANNEL : Other
SPR Eligibility:
Family Size:
SA's Met For:
HC- CDA
Triage:
Client/ Party PA
Other relationship Desc:
ACC:
Fees
Group 1-4HKBZSX
hi smsm1 did u applied last may?

aandk0605

Sep 22, 2014
Hello, I wanted to ask for people to share their personal experiences regarding processing times.

I submitted an application for my wife on or around 18 July 2014. To this day, we have yet to receive an AOR. We sent the parcel via Canada Post and the package was recorded as having been successfully delivered a few days thereafter. We have both been checking our email accounts and haven't gotten anything to acknowledge that our application is in CIC hands.

Does it normally take more than two [2] months for the CIC to simply say that they have received a package?

If not, how would one suggest we try to follow up? We do not have any kind of identification # that they could use to run a check on system.

Your guidance is most appreciated!

canusa2014

Aug 28, 2014
I have seen this question asked in other threads, but I am going to repeat it in hopes of finding someone who can give me their specific experience. Have any US citizens crossed the border into the US after submitting their PR application? I am in Canada on an extended Visitor record, and because I am from a visa-exempt country, I cannot get a multiple entry visa to go back and forth. My visitor record expires on October 30, 2014, but I have applied for an extension of that. I know that once you cross the border, the visitor record becomes invalid. It has been over a year since I have seen some of my family in the states. So, if you are a US citizen and have crossed the border while your PR application is waiting to be processed, what was your experience? I appreciate any and all information! Thanks!

virk1129

Aug 26, 2014
aandk0605 said:
Hello, I wanted to ask for people to share their personal experiences regarding processing times.

I submitted an application for my wife on or around 18 July 2014. To this day, we have yet to receive an AOR. We sent the parcel via Canada Post and the package was recorded as having been successfully delivered a few days thereafter. We have both been checking our email accounts and haven't gotten anything to acknowledge that our application is in CIC hands.

Does it normally take more than two [2] months for the CIC to simply say that they have received a package?

If not, how would one suggest we try to follow up? We do not have any kind of identification # that they could use to run a check on system. I got aor after more than 5 months..its normal for cic.

Your guidance is most appreciated!

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
canusa2014 said:
I have seen this question asked in other threads, but I am going to repeat it in hopes of finding someone who can give me their specific experience. Have any US citizens crossed the border into the US after submitting their PR application? I am in Canada on an extended Visitor record, and because I am from a visa-exempt country, I cannot get a multiple entry visa to go back and forth. My visitor record expires on October 30, 2014, but I have applied for an extension of that. I know that once you cross the border, the visitor record becomes invalid. It has been over a year since I have seen some of my family in the states. So, if you are a US citizen and have crossed the border while your PR application is waiting to be processed, what was your experience? I appreciate any and all information! Thanks!

My experience may or may not be relevant to you. I am also from a visa-exempt country and am on a restored to visitor until Feb. 2015 visa, I crossed the border back into Canada with no problem at all last night. I know on the forum people say that Outlanders can travel and Inlanders can't but the reason I think my experience may be helpful is because the officer didn't even ask me about a PR application at all, he just looked at the six month visitor visa page I got and let me through. I was travelling with my Canadian infant and husband.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
alicia13 said:
My experience may or may not be relevant to you. I am also from a visa-exempt country and am on a restored to visitor until Feb. 2015 visa, I crossed the border back into Canada with no problem at all last night. I know on the forum people say that Outlanders can travel and Inlanders can't but the reason I think my experience may be helpful is because the officer didn't even ask me about a PR application at all, he just looked at the six month visitor visa page I got and let me through. I was travelling with my Canadian infant and husband.
Inlanders can certainly travel as well. The risk lies in the off chance the officer doesn't let you in the country (as could happen with any visa-exempt visitor, although it would be very, very rare), because that would automatically mean your application is cancelled. It's just a risk most are not willing to take (including myself), even though the officer would have to have a very important reason to deny entry.