susana

Nov 4, 2008
michminn said:
Spouse, common-law partner in Canada
13 months
(initial assessment)

Working on applications received on July 30, 2013

I think CIC leaves this at the above date to "Tick" people off! :mad:

Keep in mind that one of the main objectives of Canadian Immigration is "Family Reunification", reason why CIC gives priotity to outland applicants . Inland applicants are already IN Canada, and they seem to think there is no reason to expedite the process as you are already reunited with your family. The only problem is they don't understand how difficult it is for those applicants In Canada that are not allowed to work, have a driver's licence, Provincial Health care and freedom to travel. I don't think is a startegy to tick people off, there are thousands of inland applicants as many come here with temporary status and choose to stay. Yes, there are lots of inconviniences for inalnd applicants, but what about those applicants that are being kept apart from their wife/spouse for over a year if the processing time in the visa office is 13-24 months ? AIP can be done in 49 days, but the final decision is not done immediatly.

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
susana said:
Keep in mind that one of the main objectives of Canadian Immigration is "Family Reunification", reason why CIC gives priotity to outland applicants . Inland applicants are already IN Canada, and they seem to think there is no reason to expedite the process as you are already reunited with your family. The only problem is they don't understand how difficult it is for those applicants In Canada that are not allowed to work, have a driver's licence, Provincial Health care and freedom to travel. I don't think is a startegy to tick people off, there are thousands of inland applicants as many come here with temporary status and choose to stay. Yes, there are lots of inconviniences for inalnd applicants, but what about those applicants that are being kept apart from their wife/spouse for over a year if the processing time in the visa office is 13-24 months ? AIP can be done in 49 days, but the final decision is not done immediatly.
IMO, WE ALL SHOULD APPROACH OUR LOCAL MP'S. Tell them this is an issue we are going through. I would encourage all of us to ask the same question to MPs why Inland sponsorship is backlogged by 1 year as compared to outland.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
vik999 said:
IMO, WE ALL SHOULD APPROACH OUR LOCAL MP'S. Tell them this is an issue we are going through. I would encourage all of us to ask the same question to MPs why Inland sponsorship is backlogged by 1 year as compared to outland.
I already told you why....they give priority to outland applicants in order to reunite families that are separated ...you are here in Canada with your spouse, so famliy reunification is not your case....CIC needs to change the regulations regarding OWP for inland applicants to make their lives easier.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
vik999 said:
https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor/u/8202175
Are there really only 1006 signatures after all this time? Maybe I'm reading the wrong number...

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
MasterBC said:
Hello All

Newbie here but a reader/fan of this forum few years ago... Please include my timeline

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Missisauga
App. Filed.......: July 23, 2014
AOR Received.: August 11, 2014
*OWP included

GodBless us all!
I've added you. Welcome here!:)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
vik999 said:
I fail to understand, the inland and outland application is not much different in regards to assessment of sponsor and person being sponsored, why there is 1 year delay for inland ie July 30 2013 and July 24,2014 as for Outland dates as per today.

Considering if both are filed at same time, why Inland is 1 year backlogged.
Because at the outland process the first stage is the assessment of the sponsor. With the inland, the first stage is the assessment of the sponsor AND the relationship (and sometimes of the applicant). That's why the second stage of outland take so long (of course, depends on the VO, 2-36 months), while inland applicants can get AIP+DM at the same time.
Approval in Principle (AIP): Positive determination of eligibility in a permanent residence application processed in Canada. Similar to a positive selection decision made overseas.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/data-release/2009-Q3/glossary.asp

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
sophieee said:
Because at the outland process the first stage is the assessment of the sponsor. With the inland, the first stage is the assessment of the sponsor AND the relationship (and sometimes of the applicant). That's why the second stage of outland take so long (of course, depends on the VO, 2-36 months), while inland applicants can get AIP+DM at the same time.http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/data-release/2009-Q3/glossary.asp
A similar percentage of Outland applicants receive DM upon first review.

What I find ironic about this process is that applicants with prior immigration problems get better treatment than applicants without. In that "special case" it caused CBSA to request expedited processing. Having been granted AIP, the applicant has overcome the impending deportation.

Similarly, I've run into several cases of people who are deemed inadmissible for entry to Canada (this is common for criminality issues). They can apply for a "Temporary Resident Permit" and if that's granted for 6+ months, they qualify for an open work permit. So applicants with no criminal record can be prohibited from working, while applicants with a criminal record can be granted the right to work as soon as they get to Canada.

How this makes sense to a rational person is beyond me.

MasterBC

Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014 (with OWP)
AOR Received.
August 2014 (OWP received Jan 2015)
Med's Request
January 27, 2016
Interview........
Aug. 09, 2016
Passport Req..
July 29, 2016 (For my daughter outside canada)
Thanks sophiee!

SEEKING EXPERT ADVICE PLEASE!

my application is going 2mos now, received the AOR after 19days from the date of submission.

I included OWP apps hoping that early next year I can able to work, we consulted lawyer before we submit my PR apps and she told us that if I include OWP app processing time is 6 to 8mos..... so we consider applying inland instead of going back to my country.... but i called CIC last week and officer told me that OWP is after my sponsor's approval which is 13mos... then officer added that if I can find employer with available LMIA that can give me a chance to work early

my questions are:

1. Considering I found employer with available LMIA, how long is the process?
2. and, What will happen to my pending OWP application?

Appreciate some expert advice please, waiting time is killing me... I'm also planning to take some course which as per CIC is possible just make sure its not more that 6mos course.

Thanks in advance!

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
It is indeed a 13 month wait till 1st stage approval and bear in mind that until now this time keeps going up. They're making no real progress whatsoever, so if they don't pick the pace up, it might even be longer than that.

If you find an employer with an already approved LMIA (highly unlikely at the moment), then you can apply for a work permit and get it in a couple of weeks or if eligible, take one if you go at the border. *However*, it's worth considering this whole process is for temporary foreign workers. There is no guarantee that the officer, after seeing you have already applied for permanent residence, will grant you the work permit, as it's pretty clear it's not what it's meant to be - temporary. If you don't find someone with a pre-approved LMIA and you manage to convince someone to start the process for you, then it will be 1 month of advertising before they can even apply and then the processing time varies, could be 1 month, could be 3 or more.

Since you only filed your application a couple of months ago, then depending on the processing time of your country, I'd seriously consider withdrawing the application and applying Outland instead. You can do it while being in Canada as well.

virk1129

Aug 26, 2014
My wife sonsered me for inland in march. She has a quebec health card but we have applied in the normal category not tye quebec catergory. I am on visitors record till next august. Cani i get a health card from quebec too?

MasterBC

Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014 (with OWP)
AOR Received.
August 2014 (OWP received Jan 2015)
Med's Request
January 27, 2016
Interview........
Aug. 09, 2016
Passport Req..
July 29, 2016 (For my daughter outside canada)
beholder69 said:
It is indeed a 13 month wait till 1st stage approval and bear in mind that until now this time keeps going up. They're making no real progress whatsoever, so if they don't pick the pace up, it might even be longer than that.

If you find an employer with an already approved LMIA (highly unlikely at the moment), then you can apply for a work permit and get it in a couple of weeks or if eligible, take one if you go at the border. *However*, it's worth considering this whole process is for temporary foreign workers. There is no guarantee that the officer, after seeing you have already applied for permanent residence, will grant you the work permit, as it's pretty clear it's not what it's meant to be - temporary. If you don't find someone with a pre-approved LMIA and you manage to convince someone to start the process for you, then it will be 1 month of advertising before they can even apply and then the processing time varies, could be 1 month, could be 3 or more.

Since you only filed your application a couple of months ago, then depending on the processing time of your country, I'd seriously consider withdrawing the application and applying Outland instead. You can do it while being in Canada as well.

thanks for the advice beholder69! will just wait patiently as my country of origin processing time also increased ::) thanks again!

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
virk1129 said:
My wife sonsered me for inland in march. She has a quebec health card but we have applied in the normal category not tye quebec catergory. I am on visitors record till next august. Cani i get a health card from quebec too?
Not unless you're on a work or student visa or have received Stage 1 approval and CSQ from Quebec. I was just officially rejected by Quebec provincial healthcare and I'm pregnant too!

virk1129

Aug 26, 2014
Monkeyfish said:
Not unless you're on a work or student visa or have received Stage 1 approval and CSQ from Quebec. I was just officially rejected by Quebec provincial healthcare and I'm pregnant too!
Thanks monkeyfish