Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-14
AOR Received.
n/a (mail requested)
Med's Request
07-02-15
So, still no AOR (although I'm not sure I'll ever receive one due to opting out of email). We called in today and they weren't able to get a case number so I'm starting to panic a bit. They said that it's not unusual and to call them again in a few weeks if we still don't hear anything. Our application was received March 4, 2014 and it seems really odd that everyone else (even those who opted out of email) were either able to get a AOR or at least a case number by calling in. I'm wondering if maybe they weren't able to find a case number because they weren't looking in the right place or something. Any suggestions?

The only other things that worry me are we sent it to the Courier address, and Canada post messed up and didn't request a signature (despite us requesting it). We received confirmation that it arrived in its destination, but without the signature I'm really concerned we might run into issues later on.

Margiela

Apr 3, 2014
Hi guys,

Does anyone know where to send additional information? I've changed my passport and assuming that I have to provide a photocopy of new one. Your help much appreciated.

jpjulio

Feb 25, 2014
Smsm81 said:
Any one from those received AORs 6:8 August was able to log in ecase?
Hi, today I tried and worked! I'm the applicant and I selected: permanent residence - temporary residence holder- client id number (don't forget the digit " - ") tks

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
What if you're not a temporary resident, though? I'm just on a visitor record since I'm from the USA. So confusing. Guess I'll have to try again to call the CIC today.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
jpjulio said:
Hi, today I tried and worked! I'm the applicant and I selected: permanent residence - temporary residence holder- client id number (don't forget the digit " - ") tks
Still nothing for me.
I guess they already put your application in their system that's why you were able to log in. Did you try using ur application number as well?

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Monkeyfish said:
What if you're not a temporary resident, though? I'm just on a visitor record since I'm from the USA. So confusing. Guess I'll have to try again to call the CIC today.
Did you call to ask 4 exceptional health cover? fast processing?

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
Would like to know, has anyone able to transfer the license and or register car in Ontario with visitor status.
I drove from USA to Canada by car. came with visitor status and PR application under process with AOR.
Suggest would it be possible to transfer plates and register car.

juju1504

Feb 18, 2014
Kieath said:
So, still no AOR (although I'm not sure I'll ever receive one due to opting out of email). We called in today and they weren't able to get a case number so I'm starting to panic a bit. They said that it's not unusual and to call them again in a few weeks if we still don't hear anything. Our application was received March 4, 2014 and it seems really odd that everyone else (even those who opted out of email) were either able to get a AOR or at least a case number by calling in. I'm wondering if maybe they weren't able to find a case number because they weren't looking in the right place or something. Any suggestions?

The only other things that worry me are we sent it to the Courier address, and Canada post messed up and didn't request a signature (despite us requesting it). We received confirmation that it arrived in its destination, but without the signature I'm really concerned we might run into issues later on.
Am a january applicant and never got aor but i was able to log on ecas with my client number (on my school permit)

Elena78

May 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2014
AOR Received.
20-08-2014
Received AOR today. I sent in my application August 9, 2014.

Now the waiting begins for the AIP. I know it will be months before I hear from them again.

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
Elena78 said:
Received AOR today. I sent in my application August 9, 2014.

Now the waiting begins for the AIP. I know it will be months before I hear from them again.
That was fast.

Elena78

May 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2014
AOR Received.
20-08-2014
Actually it may not be AOR.
I think they just advised that it has been received on August 11, 2014.
The AOR usually needs to state that you they acknowledge fees and my welcome letter didn't say that.
So I will wait for AOR and update this forum accordingly so the spreadsheet can be updated.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Kieath said:

Some agents are completely useless, I would try and call back, maybe you will be luckier with another agent.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Margiela said:
Hi guys,

Does anyone know where to send additional information? I've changed my passport and assuming that I have to provide a photocopy of new one. Your help much appreciated.
You should have an address at the bottom of the AOR. This is on mine:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Elena78 said:
Actually it may not be AOR.
I think they just advised that it has been received on August 11, 2014.
The AOR usually needs to state that you they acknowledge fees and my welcome letter didn't say that.
So I will wait for AOR and update this forum accordingly so the spreadsheet can be updated.
It must be the AOR, because you don't get anything else than that. AOR doesn't confirm the fees to be paid, just that they received your file on XXX date.

Elena78

May 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2014
AOR Received.
20-08-2014
Then it is AOR :)

Dear XXXX

This confirms that your application for Permanent Residence under Family Class Sponsorship
has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/08/11.

You will receive further correspondence once your application is under review by an agent.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in
Canada.

When should I contact CIC?
You must also notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
 Change in status in Canada: you must submit a written statement to this office and include
evidence to indicate the status in Canada of all persons listed in your Application for
Permanent Residence;
 Changes in your personal circumstances, including birth or adoption of a child, death of a
family member, a marriage or a divorce;
 If you have a child, you must specify whether or not he/she is to be added to this
application. If that child is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, please provide
a copy of their document which details his/her status in Canada.
 Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);
 Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual; and/or
 Decision to withdraw your application.
You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process, provided that a
final decision has not been made on the Application for Permanent Residence (APR).
Contact Information:
To contact this office and for more information on what to expect next, please refer to the After
You Apply webpage at www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-after.asp.

Etc...