Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015

CarlaW

Apr 1, 2014
vik999 said:
Would like to know, has anyone able to transfer the license and or register car in Ontario with visitor status.
I drove from USA to Canada by car. came with visitor status and PR application under process with AOR.
Suggest would it be possible to transfer plates and register car.
I also drove from the USA to Canada (BC) by car. At the time I was on a conditional work permit and was able to do a temporary import of my vehicle. With that, I was able to get a provincial inspection, register and insure my car in BC. With a temporary import, you don't have to pay duty, but you can't sell the car in Canada. Anyway, I found the whole process at the border to be very relaxed. I would call the import/export office at the border and ask, but I would think you could at least do a temporary import.

jbaia

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
Question (I know it has been asked before, but cannot find the answer).

We did not know the my husband could submit OWP to be processed after stage 1 approval. We applied back in January. Just wondering if I could send in the OWP now, requesting it be processed AFTER stage 1 approval.

Has anyone else done this? Any tips/suggestions?

Thanks!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jbaia said:
Question (I know it has been asked before, but cannot find the answer).

We did not know the my husband could submit OWP to be processed after stage 1 approval. We applied back in January. Just wondering if I could send in the OWP now, requesting it be processed AFTER stage 1 approval.

Has anyone else done this? Any tips/suggestions?

Thanks!
You will have to wait until your husband received AIP first before applying for OWP. Once your husband gets AIP, you can apply for OWP online. Much quicker for you to do it through online.

jbaia

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
screech339 said:
You will have to wait until your husband received AIP first before applying for OWP. Once your husband gets AIP, you can apply for OWP online. Much quicker for you to do it through online.
Thanks!

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Smsm81 said:
Did you call to ask 4 exceptional health cover? fast processing?
My mobile phone plan has limited minutes, so I have to be careful about how long I spent on the phone, and the CIC can take hours. I will have to go use a public phone and devote a good chunk of time to calling about those things. I'll let you know, thanks for your suggestions again, Smsm.

Favour of God

Aug 20, 2014
I will like to thank everyone here in this forum, all the information i gathered here really helps in putting together our application. An Immigration consultant says to me to pay $2320, another one says $1000 for just to review. But i was able to do it myself with the help of the vital information i got here. You guys are the best. I submitted our application finally today. I pray that everyone of us will hear good news and not a breaking news In Jesus Name. The moderator can add me on the spread sheet. Thank you all

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Favour of God said:
I will like to thank everyone here in this forum, all the information i gathered here really helps in putting together our application. An Immigration consultant says to me to pay $2320, another one says $1000 for just to review. But i was able to do it myself with the help of the vital information i got here. You guys are the best. I submitted our application finally today. I pray that everyone of us will hear good news and not a breaking news In Jesus Name. The moderator can add me on the spread sheet. Thank you all
Good job! Godspeed to all of us! Hoping for the process to really get going!

Elena78

May 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2014
AOR Received.
20-08-2014
Favour of God said:
Congrats on doing it yourself.
I too did it myself, It was alot of work but any questions or concern I had was immediately answered when I came on here.
This place is great. I too, am glad that I didn't pay a consultant all that amount of money.

Now we need patience with waiting ::)

missworld13

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-09-2014 AIP
Med's Done....
03-01-2014
Passport Req..
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Hi, I am applicant and my husband is sponsor. I want to start my studies but I was waiting for my status so I will be able to pay doemstic tuition fee but after reading your comment i thought to start my studies while I am waiting for PR.

I am in Ontario and I married to PR holder... I am not looking for OHIP as My hubby will pa my fee but how can I be eligible for domestic fee and what is the procedure. need more info Kindly explain.
also I am on implied status only. also didn't receive AOR yet

Thanks in Advance

ottawahd said:
In Ontario, she will be under domestic tuition fee from the moment you get married. She will also be a member of UHIP (equivalent to OHIPbut its 50$/month) if she becomes a tudent. My wife is paying domestic tuition fee (I am the sponsor). I Don't know about other provinces. If you live in Ontario and need more info please let me know.

xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
jpjulio said:
Hi, today I tried and worked! I'm the applicant and I selected: permanent residence - temporary residence holder- client id number (don't forget the digit " - ") tks
Still have no luck. I don't have "client id number" though so I have to use "application number".

serida

Aug 7, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 28, 2014
Hi,guys
I have received a letter form CIC this morning(I am the applicant). I am not sure if this is the AOR status.
The pdf begin with this:

August 20, 2014
Application: F0002xxxxx
Applicant's name
address

Dear Applicant's name,
This confirms that your application for Permanent Residence under Family Class Sponsorship has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/08/07.

You will receive further correspondence once your application is under review by an agent.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.

The pdf total 4 pages 2 are in English and 2 in French.

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
serida said:
Hi,guys
I have received a letter form CIC this morning(I am the applicant). I am not sure if this is the AOR status.
The pdf begin with this:

August 20, 2014
Application: F0002xxxxx
Applicant's name
address

Dear Applicant's name,
This confirms that your application for Permanent Residence under Family Class Sponsorship has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/08/07.

You will receive further correspondence once your application is under review by an agent.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.

The pdf total 4 pages 2 are in English and 2 in French.
Yes, that is your AOR! Which is not a status, per se, but an aknowledgement of receipt. Congratulations!

mekima

Star Member
Aug 20, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
24-06-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
18-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
LANDED..........
17-03-2015
Category: Spousal Sponsorship
Visa Office: CPC Mississauga.
Application Submitted: June 17, 2014.
Application Received: June 24, 2014.
AIP/OWP: August 11, 2014.
MedicalS REQUESTED: August 11, 2014.
Medicals done: August 18, 2014.

New to the forum but i just need clarification on something. When i log in on e-cas, it says application in process.....how long does it take for CIC to receive the medicals?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
mekima said:
Category: Spousal Sponsorship
Visa Office: CPC Mississauga.
Application Submitted: June 17, 2014.
Application Received: June 24, 2014.
AIP/OWP: August 11, 2014.
MedicalS REQUESTED: August 11, 2014.
Medicals done: August 18, 2014.

New to the forum but i just need clarification on something. When i log in on e-cas, it says application in process.....how long does it take for CIC to receive the medicals?
i'm a bit confused by your timeline. the way i'm reading it, you submitted your INLAND application in June of 2014 and have received your AIP and OWP approval in August of 2014? or do you mean you submitted your OWP in august? submitted your application is 2013? the way it's written seems virtually impossible based on the expriences of every other inland applicant. am i misunderstanding your timeline perhaps?