Med's Done....
March 21, 2014
Interview........
SA: June 14, 2015
Passport Req..
AIP: July 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Sept 24, 2015
This is stressing me out. They received my application on April 9th and I still havent received AOR. I have not received the application back to me either...

I know they have received as the call centre agent gave me a file number which starts with a T .. which is also worrying me because everyone else I talked to has their file number start with a F

The only issue I can think, is that we didnt include an email for my spouse..... and i guess they don't send AOR by mail, although I did have my email included. But I'm hearing now that the applicants gets the AOR. Called the call centre again today and they said that nothing has been sent out yet......

Don't know what else to do... guess I'll just have to wait.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
I haven't been following the 2014 thread as closely, but seems to me that the March 2014 applicants were just getting their AORs last week. So you probably just gotta hang in there and wait a bit longer....

Not much we can do to speed anything up....

Tomorrow is 1 year since our app was rec'd....and our GCMS notes are 95% Not Started for everything on the App :(

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mahmow said:
This is stressing me out. They received my application on April 9th and I still havent received AOR. I have not received the application back to me either...

I know they have received as the call centre agent gave me a file number which starts with a T .. which is also worrying me because everyone else I talked to has their file number start with a F

The only issue I can think, is that we didnt include an email for my spouse..... and i guess they don't send AOR by mail, although I did have my email included. But I'm hearing now that the applicants gets the AOR. Called the call centre again today and they said that nothing has been sent out yet......

This is perfectly normal so far nothing and you have nothing to worry about. From when you submitted your application I would give it another Month MAX and you will have AOR from the timeline.

Gaymer

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2015
LANDED..........
03-11-2015
ACS said:
I haven't been following the 2014 thread as closely, but seems to me that the March 2014 applicants were just getting their AORs last week. So you probably just gotta hang in there and wait a bit longer....

Tomorrow is 1 year since our app was rec'd....and our GCMS notes are 95% Not Started for everything on the App :(
Actually, applicants up to June (or July, I think) were receiving AORs as well. Myself being a May applicant received one. Although it's a bit strange why mahmow hasn't heard anything. This entire process is strange. Lol. It's like they chose random people for AORs.

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
Gaymer said:
Actually, applicants up to June (or July, I think) were receiving AORs as well. Myself being a May applicant received one. Although it's a bit strange why mahmow hasn't heard anything. This entire process is strange. Lol. It's like they chose random people for AORs.
Yeah, I think, give one more month, hope you get AOR.
Whats Next step after AOR..has anyone asked CIC?. Have they started working on applications for which AOR was sent... Any idea how long that can take?..

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
When I applied everyone was getting AORs within a few weeks, and mine took well over a month to get. By far the longest of anyone during that time period. I was totally freaking out!! :eek: But all you can do is wait..............and bite your nails and get ulcers...lol ::) ???

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
mahmow said:

Why worried? as you were assigned file number so this means they gt ur App. You might call again and confirm that this is ur file number and then ask the agent wondering why ur file start wz T instead of F! They might explain it. Plz share their response.

cioannou

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
18-06-2014
Hi All - I'm looking for some advice. I submitted my inland application in February when the processing time for the first stage was 8 months. Now that's extended to 12 months and seems to be consistently going up, I'm considering withdrawing my application to apply outland instead. The London applicants seem to be getting PR in 5-6 months and the application forms are almost identical so other than requesting police certificates and tax forms again there wouldn't be too much more work/delay. What do you think the implications of withdrawing would be? Obviously, there would be a cost but I'm more interested in how it would affect processing of the new outland application. Thanks.

atticusfinch

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
15.05.2014 (after 105 days!)
Med's Done....
Sent with app
cioannou said:
Hi All - I'm looking for some advice. I submitted my inland application in February when the processing time for the first stage was 8 months. Now that's extended to 12 months and seems to be consistently going up, I'm considering withdrawing my application to apply outland instead. The London applicants seem to be getting PR in 5-6 months and the application forms are almost identical so other than requesting police certificates and tax forms again there wouldn't be too much more work/delay. What do you think the implications of withdrawing would be? Obviously, there would be a cost but I'm more interested in how it would affect processing of the new outland application. Thanks.
I understand exactly where you're coming from. It's frustrating as we could've had most of this sorted by now if we'd have gone outland. We couldn't have predicted these delays.

Either way, we've decided to stay with inland as I'm already here & settled & on implied status. If we switch, there is still no guarantee that London will continue to process at the same speed. I could be very wrong but I don't think the apps will extend for inland to an extent that will make it worth it for us to cancel after already waiting 8months. At this stage, the time it'll take to get new forms, wait for our inland to be cancelled etc & go outland will potentially add up to the same amount of time.
As for the affect it will have on you with changing, I don't think it'll be a problem switching. Though I think I remember hearing you need to wait a month-ish to confirm that your app is cancelled before applying for a new one... but you'll need to double check me on that one.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
mahmow said:

Unfortunately not everyone got AOR, it happened before. Call the center till someone give you your UCI and file number, if you can see you app in the eCAS, then there is no reason to worry.

Vlad1234

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 February
Doc's Request.
Send with application
ACS said:

What is GCMS, so you still didn't get AIP? I can't believe what they doing there 1 year not even OWP for you...:-( So I need waith long time for my AIP I hope they will speed up process.....

Eightball88

Aug 9, 2014
Hi! I'm a follower in this forum and I also sponsoring my wife, we send our application package including owp application last May 9 2014 and my wife received the AOR august 7, 2014 I just want to ask if somebody has the same case like ours coz my wife already out of status last June 29, 2014 her Alberta health card also expired And she's 3 months pregnant right now it really feels us so much excited but we feel so much upset knowing that we need to pay for her doctors check up since she get notice from Alberta health center that her plan is expired is there anybody from this forum can advise us what the best thing to do coz we go at our nearest registry office to renew her health card they are not acknowledge the AOR we received as a proof that her resident application is on process also her drivers license will expired soon we don't have any idea if she can renew her license or not while she's in implied status I personally appreciate your help In advance in giving me some information in this matter God bless to all applicant and sponsors. Btw how I can be included on the list to show my time line

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Eightball88 said:
Hi! I'm a follower in this forum and I also sponsoring my wife, we send our application package including owp application last May 9 2014 and my wife received the AOR august 7, 2014 I just want to ask if somebody has the same case like ours coz my wife already out of status last June 29, 2014 her Alberta health card also expired And she's 3 months pregnant right now it really feels us so much excited but we feel so much upset knowing that we need to pay for her doctors check up since she get notice from Alberta health center that her plan is expired is there anybody from this forum can advise us what the best thing to do coz we go at our nearest registry office to renew her health card they are not acknowledge the AOR we received as a proof that her resident application is on process also her drivers license will expired soon we don't have any idea if she can renew her license or not while she's in implied status I personally appreciate your help In advance in giving me some information in this matter God bless to all applicant and sponsors. Btw how I can be included on the list to show my time line
Hi Eightball, congratulations!

I'm being sponsored by my husband and I'm also pregnant. From what I understand, us applicants do not qualify for provincial healthcare until PR status is achieved. But SOME provinces will cover us after stage 1 (AIP) is complete. You must call the healthcare agency from your province to find out what they can do for you. I'm in Quebec, and I know I won't be covered until I'm a permanent resident, so this entire pregnancy and birth will be paid for by my husband and I. It's horrible, I know.

As for drivers licenses, each province is different there too. As for Quebec, a non-Canadian has 6 months to drive legally on their own country's drivers license, and then a Quebec license must be obtained, BUT one must be a permanent resident to obtain a Quebec drivers license. This is ridiculous, but it is what it is, and Alberta might have a different policy, so call up the drivers license agency there.

I know it is a very hard and frustrating predicament during what should be such a happy time in our lives. Hang in there and good luck!

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
I got this email yesterday from CIC (I had asked, before getting my AOR, via the website if they can tell me the status of my application):

Dear Client,

Thank you for contacting the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Call Centre’s e-Services Unit.

We were unable to find any record of your application.

In order to assist you further, we need you to provide us with the following information:

Surname - Exactly as it appears on the passport or identity document
Given name(s) - Exactly as it appears on the passport or identity document
Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD)
Country of birth
(If available) Universal Client Identifier/Client ID Number
(If available) Application number
Your current status in Canada
The expiration date of that status
Complete address (including the postal code). If the residential address is different from the mailing address, please provide both addresses.
Telephone number. If you have more than one contact number, please provide them all.
Date the application was submitted
The address where the application was sent
(if applicable) The postal company and tracking number if you sent your application via registered mail
You can expect a response within ten (10) business days of our receipt of the above information.

Sincerely,

xxxx, Agent xxx
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

PixieDuster

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
GTA - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Inland withdrawn/ Resubmitted Outland 3-FEB-2015
AOR Received.
28-MAR-2015
File Transfer...
13-APR-2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
17-MAY-2015
Some folks here on the forum were asking about a provincial plan alternate for their in-limbo spouses, and TIC was mentioned. You can find out more at travelinsurance.ca

My work has me booking insurance for global visitors coming to Canada, as well as returning Canadians whose provincial coverage has been suspended, so I have used this program before. It's a very decent alternative, and you get a card that can be swiped at doctors' offices and clinics. I am not sure what the deal is for someone who is pregnant when they sign up, but I would definitely ask. All those blood tests and ultrasounds can be pretty expensive!