+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
ACS said:
I have never found a very friendly happy CIC call center agent though. I work Customer Service and am often on the phone, I have a very professional but friendly telephone manner, and no matter how hard I try I cannot get a similar response from the CIC agents. When I'm calling Rogers, or whatever other company I always get the people joking or at least to be very friendly with me....but no sucess with the CIC agents yet...lol
Some of them smile.. hopefully, their very strict and vague policy to change with the upcoming liberal government.

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
Hi all, I ordered my GCMS notes one last time just to see if there are any pointers i could potentially help members here. :D

1) Due to the delay last year, I decided to do my medicals 5 months after I sent my application. Two problems. The DMP did not know you can do such things, and did not know how to go about doing it since i already submitted my app. I called again and booked an appointment and told them I want to do an upfront and did not mention that i submitted my app this time. My DMP has e-medical and they will give you the e-medical form with your IME, name, birthdate, etc. Keep this. Keep a PHOTOCOPY of this. The second problem we faced were the fact that it is hard to confirm with CIC if they had connect your additional documents to your files. I did my meds in dec and sent that in around jan. (Both email and snail mail of the same thing) I also called to confirm and at both times call agent said my meds are not in my files and assured me its nothing to worry about and that they will attach my meds in my file when they are working on stage one. I ordered my GCMS and waited, and ofcourse it said meds not received. It wasnt until 4 months later that I did the same thing and sent them both email and mail of another copy of my emed form. I finally got a reply back a week later saying the meds are attached in my file via email from CPC M.

2) On my GCMS notes if it said RCMP Screening, Status: Fingerprints required. Then go right ahead and go to RCMP and get it done right away and send it to CPC-M. It is free after all. I believe guri from 2013 thread did this. Another thing I wished I did in the beginning. It wasnt too much delay and I knew my record is clean, only 20 days after I got DM.

3) My husband was a student the yr before. Now he has a good stable job with a good income. however, they suspected welfare but the search came up clean 4 days later. So the delay wasn't so bad.

4) 2 days after our MP inquire for us we got AIP. we dont know if this is coincidence or not.

5) 2 weeks after they received our fingerprints (verified via email with RCMP) we got DM.

6) I got a PCC request on the day of AIP. I sent them a letter to ask for exemption because I came here at 18. They did receive my correspondence and did grant me the waiver and wrote "no PCC required. satisfied with relationship. stage 2 passed.". However, no correspondence from them so I did end up sending my PCC. They approved my stage 2 without PCC that day but quickly realised I needed fingerprints done. They retracted the statement "Stage 2 passed" and sent me fingerprints letter instead.

7) They were satisfied with our relationship so no comment on that part.

8) One last thing, order your GCMS notes, if there are any mistakes. correct them asap. They entered my husbands birthday wrong and got my name order wrong. Which was quickly corrected a week after I sent them a snail mail about it with proof. The name would affect your landing papers down the line and after landing you can apply to correct but that takes 6 months I believe. And you dont want any problems with applying for health care, SIN, etc.

If you have any questions PM or post here :) I'll be checking until I receive my PR card!

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Monkeyfish said:
Thanks mary. :)

Someone born in Canada does not have a citizenship certificate.
You mean you haven't asked for it, as I said before my wife who is Canadian by birth has one because she had applied for it. :)

Not that I think you should apply for it just to be able to check e-cas, just saying :D

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Just a side note about GCMS notes....

It doesn't hurt to order them, and I also recommend it, but to the 2014 Applicants, besides checking for any necessary corrections, I would hold off a bit before ordering. They are only $5, and takes about 30 days to get them.

However, as an August 2013 applicant, I ordered mine recently expecting to see something....and 95% of the 28 pages just said Not Started, Not Started, Not Started....etc.

Grrrrr!! What frustration! I expected to see most of it done, and some personal notes from the officer, something pending that we could send in before they asked for it to speed things up, especially since we are coming up on 1 year since we applied...but nope!

It was really disappointing, I waited those 30 days for them in eager anticipation to see what they thought about our Application, and it was such a let down to have been waiting this long find most everything Not Started. :(

Great info and advice bruneian! :)

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Privacy act is free
Access to info act cost $5

I ordered through both and they show the same thing. I believe the latter is more relevant to people applying outland, correct me if im wrong!

You can order as a sponsor or principal applicant. It does not matter but one of you have to sign and upload this form:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5744E.pdf

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
ACS said:
Just a side note about GCMS notes....

It doesn't hurt to order them, and I also recommend it, but to the 2014 Applicants, besides checking for any necessary corrections, I would hold off a bit before ordering. They are only $5, and takes about 30 days to get them.

However, as an August 2013 applicant, I ordered mine recently expecting to see something....and 95% of the 28 pages just said Not Started, Not Started, Not Started....etc.

Grrrrr!! What frustration! I expected to see most of it done, and some personal notes from the officer, something pending that we could send in before they asked for it to speed things up, especially since we are coming up on 1 year since we applied...but nope!

It was really disappointing, I waited those 30 days for them in eager anticipation to see what they thought about our Application, and it was such a let down to have been waiting this long find most everything Not Started. :(

Great info and advice bruneian! :)
Hi ACS, I completely understand how you feel. I ordered maybe 5 times during the whole process plus this last one. Every was not started until they started looking at our file. From AIP to DM it took 3 weeks. The actual week for them to work on our app was 1.

Just a side note you can order as much as you want. ie. order after every gcms notes you receive. It will appear in your file that you ordered them. It doesnt have any bearing on the decision in the end.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
bruneian said:
Hi ACS, I completely understand how you feel. I ordered maybe 5 times during the whole process plus this last one. Every was not started until they started looking at our file. From AIP to DM it took 3 weeks. The actual week for them to work on our app was 1.

Just a side note you can order as much as you want. ie. order after every gcms notes you receive. It will appear in your file that you ordered them. It doesnt have any bearing on the decision in the end.
It doesn't slow the process down at all?

I have just been in the dilemma of wondering how long I should wait to order again....

There was ONE thing...an email from CPC in Etobicoke (Where we sent our request for INFO ONLY in regards to a Rehabilitation that we are unsure if we require) to CPC-M from March, asking if they were going to transfer our file to Etobicoke (GOD PLEASE NO!) or keep it and Process at CPC-M if not necessary to transfer.....No Reply to CPC Etobicoke....since March.....*sigh*

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
ACS said:
It doesn't slow the process down at all?

I have just been in the dilemma of wondering how long I should wait to order again....

There was ONE thing...an email from CPC in Etobicoke (Where we sent our request for INFO ONLY in regards to a Rehabilitation that we are unsure if we require) to CPC-M from March, asking if they were going to transfer our file to Etobicoke (GOD PLEASE NO!) or keep it and Process at CPC-M if not necessary to transfer.....No Reply to CPC Etobicoke....since March.....*sigh*
ACS
When did you order them? and what date this note was written?

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Smsm81 said:
ACS
When did you order them? and what date this note was written?
I ordered my notes on June 19th, and got them July 18th.

The email that showed in my file was from March 17th....and no answer from CPC-M as of yet....

Blossom318

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Hi everyone,

So my husband is sponsoring me, I'm on Post Grad work permit that would be expiring June 2016. We got married May ,2014 and is still waiting for our marriage certificate before we send it.
It's very depressing to see that the first stage is 12 months now plus second stage 8months:( We are thinking inland application.

What are the cost associate with the complete application and what fees do we have to pay upfront for the sponsorship?

Thanks!!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Blossom318 said:
Hi everyone,

So my husband is sponsoring me, I'm on Post Grad work permit that would be expiring June 2016. We got married May ,2014 and is still waiting for our marriage certificate before we send it.
It's very depressing to see that the first stage is 12 months now plus second stage 8months:( We are thinking inland application.

What are the cost associate with the complete application and what fees do we have to pay upfront for the sponsorship?

Thanks!!
where are you from? depending on your answer, it may be better to apply OUTLAND. you can still apply outland even if you are currently living and working in canada, and it allows you the flexibility to travel without risk to your applicaiton. Also, since you essentially still have 2 years on your work permit, depending on where you are from, when you apply outland you may receive approval way before it expires.

Blossom318

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Oops forgot to mention. I'm a citizen of Guyana. The visa office responsible would be Port of Spain in Trinidad & Tobago i believe

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Blossom318 said:
Oops forgot to mention. I'm a citizen of Guyana. The visa office responsible would be Port of Spain in Trinidad & Tobago i believe
i would suggest double checking that visa office's thread to see how quickly applications are processing right now. i can tell you that most of the stats online are not a true indicator if TODAY'S processing. you may find applying outland is a better option for you.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Blossom318 said:
I have another, and could be faster, solution.. Why dnt you apply for PR as post graduated student? Here in Quebec any PGS are eligible to apply for PR just after finishing eligible program. Some other provinces entitle the PGS to apply if they worked 6 months in job related to their jobs.
So according to your province, check your eligibility and decide with which option you will go for.