+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
PixieDuster said:
Some folks here on the forum were asking about a provincial plan alternate for their in-limbo spouses, and TIC was mentioned. You can find out more at travelinsurance.ca

My work has me booking insurance for global visitors coming to Canada, as well as returning Canadians whose provincial coverage has been suspended, so I have used this program before. It's a very decent alternative, and you get a card that can be swiped at doctors' offices and clinics. I am not sure what the deal is for someone who is pregnant when they sign up, but I would definitely ask. All those blood tests and ultrasounds can be pretty expensive!
Mc

Private and travel insurances don't usually cover routine pregnancy and delivery, but YES, it can help with lab work and scans. :)

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Monkeyfish said:
Hi Eightball, congratulations!

I'm being sponsored by my husband and I'm also pregnant. From what I understand, us applicants do not qualify for provincial healthcare until PR status is achieved. But SOME provinces will cover us after stage 1 (AIP) is complete. You must call the healthcare agency from your province to find out what they can do for you. I'm in Quebec, and I know I won't be covered until I'm a permanent resident, so this entire pregnancy and birth will be paid for by my husband and I. It's horrible, I know.

As for drivers licenses, each province is different there too. As for Quebec, a non-Canadian has 6 months to drive legally on their own country's drivers license, and then a Quebec license must be obtained, BUT one must be a permanent resident to obtain a Quebec drivers license. This is ridiculous, but it is what it is, and Alberta might have a different policy, so call up the drivers license agency there.

I know it is a very hard and frustrating predicament during what should be such a happy time in our lives. Hang in there and good luck!
I know I won't be covered until I'm a permanent resident
You will be covered 3 month after receiving AIP
one must be a permanent resident to obtain a Quebec drivers license
You can drive legally with your home driving license as long as your are not PR.. You dnt have to be PR to obtain driving license, if you have any kind of visa that valid for 1 year you can obtain the license.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Eightball88 said:
Hi! I'm a follower in this forum and I also sponsoring my wife, we send our application package including owp application last May 9 2014 and my wife received the AOR august 7, 2014 I just want to ask if somebody has the same case like ours coz my wife already out of status last June 29, 2014 her Alberta health card also expired And she's 3 months pregnant right now it really feels us so much excited but we feel so much upset knowing that we need to pay for her doctors check up since she get notice from Alberta health center that her plan is expired is there anybody from this forum can advise us what the best thing to do coz we go at our nearest registry office to renew her health card they are not acknowledge the AOR we received as a proof that her resident application is on process also her drivers license will expired soon we don't have any idea if she can renew her license or not while she's in implied status I personally appreciate your help In advance in giving me some information in this matter God bless to all applicant and sponsors. Btw how I can be included on the list to show my time line
I read story about similar situation.. Couple brought up their situation to media and they got call from the provincial health center whom informed them that the wife will be covered exceptional due to her condition, being pregnant and waiting for PR.
I remember some ppl fought here to get their health care after AOR and they won the fought.. extend her visa ,go to many registry offices with the extended visa and AOR and hopefully you will get her medical coverage.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife has a study permit that will expire Nov 2015. Her classes start in september. We decided that we will wait until PR is granted so we could save tuition because we live on one source of income now. Does she need to apply for visitor status or she will be fine if we already submitted OWP application along with the PR. We got AOR for PR. Thanks

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
civic said:
My wife has a study permit that will expire Nov 2015. Her classes start in september. We decided that we will wait until PR is granted so we could save tuition because we live on one source of income now. Does she need to apply for visitor status or she will be fine if we already submitted OWP application along with the PR. We got AOR for PR. Thanks
When did she submitted her study permit application? before or after the new changes took place on July?
The application has already been submitted and received by CIC, so there is no need to apply for visa as you already sent OWP.. My guessing

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Smsm81 said:
When did she submitted her study permit application? before or after the new changes took place on July?
The application has already been submitted and received by CIC, so there is no need to apply for visa as you already sent OWP.. My guessing
She got her study permit after we submit PR application. We just changed our plan. Its too expensive the school fees so we want to defer it for 2 semester.

atticusfinch

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
15.05.2014 (after 105 days!)
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Smsm81 said:
I know I won't be covered until I'm a permanent resident
You will be covered 3 month after receiving AIP
I second what Smsm81 says.. as far as I know it's 3 months after AIP. Depending on private insurance through my partner's work it could also be once we get CSQ.. but still that'd be around AIP time, not after PR.

ottawahd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
civic said:
She got her study permit after we submit PR application. We just changed our plan. Its too expensive the school fees so we want to defer it for 2 semester.
In Ontario, she will be under domestic tuition fee from the moment you get married. She will also be a member of UHIP (equivalent to OHIPbut its 50$/month) if she becomes a tudent. My wife is paying domestic tuition fee (I am the sponsor). I Don't know about other provinces. If you live in Ontario and need more info please let me know.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Eightball88 said:
Hi! I'm a follower in this forum and I also sponsoring my wife, we send our application package including owp application last May 9 2014 and my wife received the AOR august 7, 2014 I just want to ask if somebody has the same case like ours coz my wife already out of status last June 29, 2014 her Alberta health card also expired And she's 3 months pregnant right now it really feels us so much excited but we feel so much upset knowing that we need to pay for her doctors check up since she get notice from Alberta health center that her plan is expired is there anybody from this forum can advise us what the best thing to do coz we go at our nearest registry office to renew her health card they are not acknowledge the AOR we received as a proof that her resident application is on process also her drivers license will expired soon we don't have any idea if she can renew her license or not while she's in implied status I personally appreciate your help In advance in giving me some information in this matter God bless to all applicant and sponsors. Btw how I can be included on the list to show my time line
Hi. I would suggest restoring and then extending her status. When she gets her extended visa, you can go to a service registry and she will be covered. Giving birth is very expensive so its worth trying this. I hvae my alberta health care after i have extended my visitor status. Good luck !

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shyla36 said:
Hi. I would suggest restoring and then extending her status. When she gets her extended visa, you can go to a service registry and she will be covered. Giving birth is very expensive so its worth trying this. I hvae my alberta health care after i have extended my visitor status. Good luck !
She does not need to restore her status because she included the OWP with her Inland application, PRIOR to her status expiring. She is now under implied status.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Ponga said:
She does not need to restore her status because she included the OWP with her Inland application, PRIOR to her status expiring. She is now under implied status.
she does if she wants to have alberta health care. That was her concern as her status expired last June. But if she is not interested in AHIC, then yes implied status is good.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ottawahd said:
In Ontario, she will be under domestic tuition fee from the moment you get married. She will also be a member of UHIP (equivalent to OHIPbut its 50$/month) if she becomes a tudent. My wife is paying domestic tuition fee (I am the sponsor). I Don't know about other provinces. If you live in Ontario and need more info please let me know.
We live in Alberta. We do not have that privilege here.

mariavega

Aug 14, 2014
I have a question that hopefully will get responded to. So I just got marry. Im on Post graduate work permit (open work permit), it is expiring on November.... i want to apply for work permit alongo with the PR application so, which for do I use? The one provided at CIC has even a form for applications made outside Canada , not for inside , I know and im aware that while you are applying for PR you can apply inside, BUT, is there a specific form for it? Or should I just apply with the one that appears as general in CIC. IM so confused cause I don't want to submit the wrong applications.

PLEASE ANY INFO WILL BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! :) :) :) :)

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
mariavega said:
I have a question that hopefully will get responded to. So I just got marry. Im on Post graduate work permit (open work permit), it is expiring on November.... i want to apply for work permit alongo with the PR application so, which for do I use? The one provided at CIC has even a form for applications made outside Canada , not for inside , I know and im aware that while you are applying for PR you can apply inside, BUT, is there a specific form for it? Or should I just apply with the one that appears as general in CIC. IM so confused cause I don't want to submit the wrong applications.

PLEASE ANY INFO WILL BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! :) :) :) :)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
Can someone tell, if I can apply for Temporary SIN on the receipt of AOR under family sponsorship. CIC hasn't started processing..
I am presently on Visitor Visa to Canada.
The idea is to open Bank Account, Credit Card etc once SIN number is available.

Please Tell