Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-05-2014
sophieee said:
I got my visa extension, I was given 6 months.
They received it on February 20th, sent it back on April 7th. No mention in the letter about the sponsorship application.
Thanks for the info Sophieee, good to know you get 6 months. Next time I'm going to submit my application via mail too!

randhawa_a

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
alexander_Schwartz said:
I just wanted to write everyone that applied for Inland processing in January of this year. CPC-M must be starting to at least input our cases into the computer system as I finally received AOR yesterday after almost 100 days of waiting. At least I finally know that A.) They received my application. B.) My application was complete to their satisfaction. C.) My file was NOT lost in the move from CPC-V to CPC-M. Now comes the hard part....waiting for AIP and DM.
did u get any other document for processing csq. If not, when u can have after aor?

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Tiffyali & sophieee, did you send your extension application with your PR application? I sent my extension/OWP app w/ it to CPC-M on April 1st 2014.

Tiffyali said:
Thanks for the info Sophieee, good to know you get 6 months. Next time I'm going to submit my application via mail too!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
azarme09 said:
Tiffyali & sophieee, did you send your extension application with your PR application? I sent my extension/OWP app w/ it to CPC-M on April 1st 2014.
I sent it separately one month after my PR app, Tiffyali sent it online.

qbncouple

Mar 2, 2014
Hello all,

it seems that Missisagua is starting to look at our applications again. I am hoping that we all start getting AOR soon.
I have a quick question is anyone knows: My wife traveled to Canada on a European passport and we asked for a visa extension in January before we send our app. her visa extension will expire in June I still have not received AOR so most likely in the next few weeksif I do not receive one I will have to apply for another extension. however according to her visa she can't work or go to school. Is there a way that she can apply for a work permit or a study permit so she can do something in the mean time?

Gaymer

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2015
LANDED..........
03-11-2015
Hi guys. I'm in a same-sex marriage. Married my partner of 7 years, last year. I'm from the US and he's from Canada. At the moment, I'm on my second week as a tourist. We decided to do in land. After months of gathering our documents, our lawyer is sending them today. Everything aside from my medical, as she thinks it would be expired by the time we go through this process. I know this is a long process and an extreme amount of patience is required. (Which I have much of!) Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself to the community, look for tips, and hopefully make some friends during my stay. It's nice to meet all of you!

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
The only visa you can apply for via inland with a tourist status is spouse or common law. For any other kind, she'd have to leave canada & apply from her country of citizenship.
She has implied status until her extension app is looked at. If you sent an OWP with your application, she will have implied status without worrying about extension. Don't apply for another extension if you had sent an OWP with your application. If not, I recommend that you send an OWP Extension this time so if/when that gets approved, she'll be able to work until a PR DM is made.
I'm currently on a forced sabbatical, waiting for Mississauga to look at my application & at least issue me an OWP so I can do something with my life...

qbncouple said:
Hello all,

it seems that Missisagua is starting to look at our applications again. I am hoping that we all start getting AOR soon.
I have a quick question is anyone knows: My wife traveled to Canada on a European passport and we asked for a visa extension in January before we send our app. her visa extension will expire in June I still have not received AOR so most likely in the next few weeksif I do not receive one I will have to apply for another extension. however according to her visa she can't work or go to school. Is there a way that she can apply for a work permit or a study permit so she can do something in the mean time?

fumbler1983

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
AOR Received.
22-07-2014
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Passport Req..
08-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2014
LANDED..........
28-09-2014
Gaymer said:
Hi guys. I'm in a same-sex marriage. Married my partner of 7 years, last year. I'm from the US and he's from Canada. At the moment, I'm on my second week as a tourist. We decided to do in land. After months of gathering our documents, our lawyer is sending them today. Everything aside from my medical, as she thinks it would be expired by the time we go through this process. I know this is a long process and an extreme amount of patience is required. (Which I have much of!) Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself to the community, look for tips, and hopefully make some friends during my stay. It's nice to meet all of you!
Welcome! I have a question for you actually. How old will your medical be when you apply? I am getting nervous that mine is close to being too old as I had it at the very end of Feb and keep running into obstacles for sending my application.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
fumbler1983 said:
Welcome! I have a question for you actually. How old will your medical be when you apply? I am getting nervous that mine is close to being too old as I had it at the very end of Feb and keep running into obstacles for sending my application.
Med's are usually good for one year, but sometimes they give you (or you can ask for) a half year extension after the one year.

Gaymer

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2015
LANDED..........
03-11-2015
fumbler1983 said:
I actually haven't done my medical yet. I plan to do it when I'm asked for it. That's exactly what my lawyer was worried about, which is why she suggested I waited. Especially with the delays going on. I hope you don't have any issues and they understand your situation!

qbncouple

Mar 2, 2014
azarme09 said:
The only visa you can apply for via inland with a tourist status is spouse or common law. For any other kind, she'd have to leave canada & apply from her country of citizenship.
She has implied status until her extension app is looked at. If you sent an OWP with your application, she will have implied status without worrying about extension. Don't apply for another extension if you had sent an OWP with your application. If not, I recommend that you send an OWP Extension this time so if/when that gets approved, she'll be able to work until a PR DM is made.
I'm currently on a forced sabbatical, waiting for Mississauga to look at my application & at least issue me an OWP so I can do something with my life...
Thanks for the response azarme09 I will start looking into the OWP application for when her visa extension espires.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Gaymer said:
I actually haven't done my medical yet. I plan to do it when I'm asked for it. That's exactly what my lawyer was worried about, which is why she suggested I waited. Especially with the delays going on. I hope you don't have any issues and they understand your situation!
The worst thing that could happen is that you will be asked to do your meds again, so you lose 200-300 bucks. But if you do it upfront and send everything with your app, you have a chance to get both AIP+DM at the same, so you can spare some waiting time. But of course, this is only a chance, not guaranteed.

Gaymer

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2015
LANDED..........
03-11-2015
sophieee said:
The worst thing that could happen is that you will be asked to do your meds again, so you lose 200-300 bucks. But if you do it upfront and send everything with your app, you have a chance to get both AIP+DM at the same, so you can spare some waiting time. But of course, this is only a chance, not guaranteed.
Yeah. But judging by the current delays, it seems I'd be waiting a long time regardless, haha. It's a good thing I have a lot of patience. And the fact that I'll be out of the house at the gym, while my partner works makes the wait easier. It must be boring to sit at home and not be able to work! I plan to occupy myself so the suffering is less. What are the current waiting times anyway?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Gaymer said:
Yeah. But judging by the current delays, it seems I'd be waiting a long time regardless, haha. It's a good thing I have a lot of patience. And the fact that I'll be out of the house at the gym, while my partner works makes the wait easier. It must be boring to sit at home and not be able to work! I plan to occupy myself so the suffering is less. What are the current waiting times anyway?
according to the CIC website 9 months for AIP (and growing)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp
But I think we can't even guess before CPC-M starts to send AORs and AIPs regularly. So far they sent one AIP and one AOR since they started to "work" in February.

Volunteering is an other good opportunity to kill the time and get some local references before you can work.