May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
dassine2013 said:
I mailed separately my spousal sponsorship application (January 10) and my OWP (January 30). A CIC call center agent advised me to send an explanatory letter so that both applications will be processed together. He also told me that my OWP was entered in their system and gave me a ''temporary''file number of my sponsorship application.I sent the first letter to CTD Vegreville on february 25. I was told they could not find it. I sent a second letter to CTD Missaussauga two days ago. Do you think that the fact I submitted my applications separately would cause me any problem? Thanks
Ponga is right, your OWP can be denied if they try and process before AIP. Do you have legal status right now besides the implied OWP?

dassine2013

Feb 21, 2014
sophieee said:
Ponga is right, your OWP can be denied if they try and process before AIP. Do you have legal status right now besides the implied OWP?

My temporary resident visa expired in february 9. But i asked the CIC agent many times wether I have an implied status and the answer was yes.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
dassine2013 said:
My temporary resident visa expired in february 9. But i asked the CIC agent many times wether I have an implied status and the answer was yes.
If you check the work permit processing times, CIC already processed everything from February, so if you didn't get denied yet, I think you will be fine.

I just checked our E-CAS, but still nothing for us. Were you lucky with your or your partner's data?

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
There is a field on the form which asks you to put your UCI as well as an explanation field. You can attach a separate paper if you like but just mentioning there that you have a PR application filed and want to remain in status until the decision is made is sufficient. I sent my OWP request with my application so I have implied status until the process my PR/AIP but anyone who is sending the OWP request later should not have an issue as long as they mention that their PR application has been filed and is awaiting a decision.

ADD: He mentioned that the extension is going to expire in 6 months so I think their current status us legal.

sophieee said:

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Hello sophieee,
Please add me to the sheet . My application received 2 April.
I have just entered the waiting game ;D

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Smsm81 said:
Hello sophieee,
Please add me to the sheet . My application received 2 April.
I have just entered the waiting game ;D
Is it May 2, isn't it?

An other good news for today: My husband just received AOR!:)))))) Still nothing in the e-cas, but i guess they need a couple days for that:)

atticusfinch

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
15.05.2014 (after 105 days!)
Med's Done....
Sent with app
sophieee said:
An other good news for today: My husband just received AOR!:)))))) Still nothing in the e-cas, but i guess they need a couple days for that:)
Finally!! Congrats... let's see if this means things are finally moving in CPC-M

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
Is it May 2, isn't it?

yay congrats. can you confirm if the AOR format is same as CPC-V? also was it send to your email? (sponsor)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
chakrab said:
yay congrats. can you confirm if the AOR format is same as CPC-V? also was it send to your email? (sponsor)
It was sent to the sponsor and look like this:

From: Do Not Reply - Ne Pas Repondre <Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca>
Date: May 2, 2014 at 10:46:38 PDT
To: <sponsor@sponsor.ca>
Subject: Citizenship & Immigration Canada: Information about *Application No*
Reply-To: donotreply@cic.gc.ca

Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada

UCI: ********
Application No.: ********
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear *Sponsor*,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/01/20 on behalf of the following member(s):

*Applicant*

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

What happens next?
For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to CIC’s website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You may be eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee or the permanent resident application fee if processing of your file has not yet begun.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use the UCI number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp.

Please be advised that CIC will contact you as soon as your application is reviewed. We trust that this information concerning your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class is helpful.

CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

www.cic.gc.ca

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

By providing your e-mail address on your application form, you authorized CIC to transmit your file and personal information to this specific e-mail address. Please ensure that this e-mail address is checked regularly. Any e-mails sent to you by CIC will end in “@cic.gc.ca” or “@international.gc.ca.” Please add these to your “safe senders” list in your email program and check the junk mail folder in case important emails get filtered. If CIC is advised that the e-mail address you provided is not functional or no longer exists, we will communicate with you by mail.

Like other forms of communication, e-mail communications may be vulnerable to interception by unauthorized parties. If you do not wish us to communicate with you by e-mail, please notify us at your earliest convenience. In the absence of such notification, your consent is assumed. Should you choose to allow us to communicate by e-mail, we will not take any additional security measures (such as encryption).

The contents of this message may contain confidential and/or privileged subject matter. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If this message has been received in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

dassine2013

Feb 21, 2014
congratualtions sophieee!
I called CIC this morning, an agent who was apparently well informed, set up an investigation and told me that the fact I sent my OWP application before my temporary resident visa expired, that gave me the implied status. He asked me if i mentioned on the OWP application that I submitted a sponsorship application, and put my UCI on the form, the answer was yes,so the OWP application will be processed once I'll get the AIP, I hope so! The bad news is that the actual processing time of 9 months for step1 will be considered after receiving the AOR, the period between the submission of our applications and ''getting the AOR'' is a real waste of time.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dassine2013 said:
congratualtions sophieee!
I called CIC this morning, an agent who was apparently well informed, set up an investigation and told me that the fact I sent my OWP application before my temporary resident visa expired, that gave me the implied status. He asked me if i mentioned on the OWP application that I submitted a sponsorship application, and put my UCI on the form, the answer was yes,so the OWP application will be processed once I'll get the AIP, I hope so! The bad news is that the actual processing time of 9 months for step1 will be considered after receiving the AOR, the period between the submission of our applications and ''getting the AOR'' is a real waste of time.
I think you've been misinformed by call center. The stage 1 time is counted from receipt date.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
civic said:
I think you've been misinformed by call center. The stage 1 time is counted from receipt date.
Agree. Even the page says: "Working on applications received on July 8, 2013", and counting 9 (right now a little bit more) months to process.