+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
Agreed, but there is a mechanism for challenging a negative determination. Particularly in the face of the fact CIC sends less and less paperwork, a requirement for something that won't happen isn't reasonable. See http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/pdf/msp-brochure.pdf

Don't be afraid to get your MLA involved in this, either. http://www.leg.bc.ca/mla/3-1-1.htm
From what I've gleaned from other websites, a big part of this is the fact that HIBC isn't even fully aware of this `special' avenue for PR applicants under Spousal Sponsorship...and they oversee BC MSP!!

montorq

Jan 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question on Inland spousal application, the IMM 0008:
question 4: "Immigration Office requested for processing this application"

I am applying as Inland applicant for my spouse who is from India and has been here in Montreal on a Visitor visa. I am in great confusion here to specify the immigration office as "New Delhi" or "Montreal" or "other city in Canada"

Please let me know what needs to be filled in the application for the "Immigration Office requested for processing this application"?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
montorq said:
Question on Inland spousal application, the IMM 0008:
question 4: "Immigration Office requested for processing this application"

I am applying as Inland applicant for my spouse who is from India and has been here in Montreal on a Visitor visa. I am in great confusion here to specify the immigration office as "New Delhi" or "Montreal" or "other city in Canada"

Please let me know what needs to be filled in the application for the "Immigration Office requested for processing this application"?
I left it blank.

juju1504

Feb 18, 2014
Hi guys. Am new here.
Am the sponsored. We sent the file january 21st, recieved on the 27th.Since then nothing. Well i guess its normal.
We've been living together for a year and half and had a baby girl last year, april. We stay in montreal.
Am renewing my passport and noticed that there is a mistake in my birth certificate. I hope they won't return all the files to me.
I call them to know how i could send them the correct certificate since i don't have any client number yet, the agent i spoke with told me they will let me know. So finger crossed.
Good luck everyone!

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
juju1504 said:
Hi guys. Am new here.
Am the sponsored. We sent the file january 21st, recieved on the 27th.Since then nothing. Well i guess its normal.
We've been living together for a year and half and had a baby girl last year, april. We stay in montreal.
Am renewing my passport and noticed that there is a mistake in my birth certificate. I hope they won't return all the files to me.
I call them to know how i could send them the correct certificate since i don't have any client number yet, the agent i spoke with told me they will let me know. So finger crossed.
Good luck everyone!

Welcome to the forum..

We have a spreadsheet that we share to track the process.. Message Sophieee to be added ( if you want). You can check that out at the bottom of my post!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
juju1504 said:
Hi guys. Am new here.
Good luck everyone!
Welcome here, Juju, I've added you to the spreadsheet. If there is anything more you want to share please PM me!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
I'm applying to extend my visitor visa, and I was very surprised when I saw the fees. There was this article on February 4th, which states that the visitor extension will be $25. (It was $75 a few weeks ago.)
http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/visitors-to-canada-will-be-automatically-considered-for-multiple-entry-visas-02042014.html
But when I would like to pay it states that the fee is $100!! And I have an option to pay $25, if I already paid $75 earlier.
Could you please check it out, I'm starting to feel crazy...

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
sophieee said:
I'm applying to extend my visitor visa, and I was very surprised when I saw the fees. There was this article on February 4th, which states that the visitor extension will be $25. (It was $75 a few weeks ago.)

But when I would like to pay it states that the fee is $100!! And I have an option to pay $25, if I already paid $75 earlier.
Could you please check it out, I'm starting to feel crazy...
hi sophie,
im not sure if i understood you correctly, but the article says: "These increases are as follows" so it is $25 more expensive now.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
mary63 said:
hi sophie,
im not sure if i understood you correctly, but the article says: "These increases are as follows" so it is $25 more expensive now.
Oh... right...:( I was so happy to read in the beginning of the article that one of the fees is decreasing, I didn't notice that the others increasing....
Thanks, Mary, at least i know now...

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
OK, next question... Since it's the same price now, would it be better if I apply for a new multiple entry TRV, or the visa extension is just as good.
Thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
OK, next question... Since it's the same price now, would it be better if I apply for a new multiple entry TRV, or the visa extension is just as good.
Thanks
Seems like a moot point, since it's recommended that you don't leave Canada while your Inland application is in process.

Don't assume that a multiple entry TRV will guarantee you re-entry if you leave Canada!

msgoodvibes

Jan 10, 2014
Hello everyone... I've been thinking whether or not to extend my stay here in Canada. My stay is valid until Feb 23 2014. We also applied under inland sponsorship last Dec 2013 and got our AOR last Jan 17. So we are relying on my implied status now. But do you think it would be wise to file for extension of stay for peace of mind? What if we are denied extension? What happens? Appreciate your inputs guys. Thank you!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msgoodvibes said:
Hello everyone... I've been thinking whether or not to extend my stay here in Canada. My stay is valid until Feb 23 2014. We also applied under inland sponsorship last Dec 2013 and got our AOR last Jan 17. So we are relying on my implied status now. But do you think it would be wise to file for extension of stay for peace of mind? What if we are denied extension? What happens? Appreciate your inputs guys. Thank you!
I believe that you only benefit from having implied status if you apply to extend your status, before submitting your application.

Your Inland application alone does not give you implied status, AFAIK.

msgoodvibes

Jan 10, 2014
Oh I forgot to mention, we included an OWP application along with the PR app...

Thanks for your reply Ponga :)

So.... still thinking about the extension of stay... :)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Ponga said:
Seems like a moot point, since it's recommended that you don't leave Canada while your Inland application is in process.

Don't assume that a multiple entry TRV will guarantee you re-entry if you leave Canada!
Thanks for the reply, I sent an extension. I guess I just over comlicate everything as usual.