SA: 27-10-2015
Passport Req..
AIP: 17-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
sophieee said:
Since it counts as a brand new application I think you should get a new AOR. But if you already have a UCI, you can use it to log in to eCAS, it must be working in a couple weeks.
Thank you :)I will keep checking

Renata26

Oct 4, 2014
Hi everyone…

I hope you can help me, and excuse my ignorance.

My common law partner and I were originally wanting to submit an outland application, but the distance is really too hard on us, plus with the opportunity of a OWP it makes it a little bit easier.

The only way for him to come is with a visitor visa (he's an Italian citizen). As soon as he arrives, are we able to apply for sponsorship? And lets say if immigration gives him only 3 months to stay in Canada, is he able to apply for an extension anyway prior to the visitor visa expiring? I am a bit confused as reading other posts stating that once a visitor applies for sponsorship, he is granted implied status until a decision has been made therefore an extension is not needed.

Thank you for your help,

Cheers.

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
Renata26 said:
Hi everyone...

I hope you can help me, and excuse my ignorance.

My common law partner and I were originally wanting to submit an outland application, but the distance is really too hard on us, plus with the opportunity of a OWP it makes it a little bit

The only way for him to come is with a visitor visa (he's an Italian citizen). As soon as he arrives, are we able to apply for sponsorship? And lets say if immigration gives him only 3 months to stay in Canada, is he able to apply for an extension anyway prior to the visitor visa expiring? I am a bit confused as reading other posts stating that once a visitor applies for sponsorship, he is granted implied status until a decision has been made therefore an extension is not needed.

Thank you for your help,

Cheers.

You can apply for inland sponsorship as soon as he arrives. You do not ned to worry about the visito visa, by applying Inland your partner will have Implied status.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Just make sure you include an OWP application with the sponsorship as that's what actually gives you implied visitor status, not the PR app

Jabs 77

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-14
AOR Received.
14-02-14
For common law you need to be staying together for a least a Year, together in Canada ,you will need joint account,insurance with your spouse name , bills that has both names to prove that you live together , notarized common law document .Outland is fast, and your partner can come in and out with visiting visa while app is in process.Within 6months to 8 he /she might have PR status.

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
beholder69 said:
Just make sure you include an OWP application with the sponsorship as that's what actually gives you implied visitor status, not the PR app

Maintaining legal status

Spouses and common‑law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in Canada who wish to apply for permanent resident status are no longer required to have legal immigration status provided that they have an eligible sponsor. All other eligibility requirements continue to apply.

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Jabs 77 said:
For common law you need to be staying together for a least a Year, together in Canada ,you will need joint account,insurance with your spouse name , bills that has both names to prove that you live together , notarized common law document .Outland is fast, and your partner can come in and out with visiting visa while app is in process.Within 6months to 8 he /she might have PR status.
What does the Government of Canada consider to be a common-law relationship?

You may apply to sponsor a common-law partner, of the opposite sex or the same sex. If so, you have to prove you have been living with your partner for at least 12 consecutive months in a relationship like a marriage.

That means living together for one year without any long periods where you did not see each other. Either partner may have left the home for work or business travel, family obligations, and so on. However, that separation must have been temporary and short.

A common-law relationship ends when at least one partner does not intend to continue it.

Renata26

Oct 4, 2014
By any chance does anyone know the "max" amount of time you could of spent away from your common law partner during the 1st year of cohabitation? I had my Canadian passport stolen, so I had to come home and wait to be reissued a new one. Approx 3 weeks I was away. Do you think that will affect my application?

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
michminn said:
Maintaining legal status

Spouses and common‑law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in Canada who wish to apply for permanent resident status are no longer required to have legal immigration status provided that they have an eligible sponsor. All other eligibility requirements continue to apply.
This doesn't mean they have implied status, this means their application won't be denied without it. The applicant could still be deported in theory although they practically won't bother.

Since the applicant will enter Canada with legal status, they can easily retain it with the OWP application (not just the PR one)

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Renata26 said:
By any chance does anyone know the "max" amount of time you could of spent away from your common law partner during the 1st year of cohabitation? I had my Canadian passport stolen, so I had to come home and wait to be reissued a new one. Approx 3 weeks I was away. Do you think that will affect my application?
You are good . Going on a trip for 3 weeks it doesn't mean you are ending your relationship

cruiser34

Aug 27, 2014
Hey Guys. I have applied inland 2 weeks ago i am here with tourist visa. My question when am i going to hear something from immigration office? are they gonna send me a file number? with my tourist visa i can stay 2 more moths but since i have applied am i implied status already?

Jabs 77

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-14
AOR Received.
14-02-14
If you applied for open work permit you will be on implied status

cruiser34

Aug 27, 2014
i have applied for open work permit together with spouse inland application. But i am supposed to get a an email says that they have received my application. Do you you know when they will send this email to me acknowledge that they got my application package?

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
It can take 4 weeks or 4 months.

cruiser34 said:
i have applied for open work permit together with spouse inland application. But i am supposed to get a an email says that they have received my application. Do you you know when they will send this email to me acknowledge that they got my application package?

Jabs 77

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-14
AOR Received.