+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

cruiser34

Aug 27, 2014
So i called the call center 613-944-4000 ( hope its the correct number) to check what happened to my application since i didint hear a word from them. But unfortunately they were keep asking for some numbers to check our status but we dont have any kind of number and we could not get an agent to talk. Whats the perfect way to check whether they have received our application?

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cruiser34 said:
So i called the call center 613-944-4000 ( hope its the correct number) to check what happened to my application since i didint hear a word from them. But unfortunately they were keep asking for some numbers to check our status but we dont have any kind of number and we could not get an agent to talk. Whats the perfect way to check whether they have received our application?
you need to keep at least your client ID number and the payment receipt number with you when you make the call. try 1 888 242 2100

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Oh really? I was unaware that you could switch from a PGWP to an OWP. Did he apply online and did he need a job offer/LMO?

PixieDuster said:
I should add that my husband has had a PGWP since 2012 and recently had it upgraded to an OWP. This was so he could tutor - apparently when the PGWP says 'no primary or secondary school teaching' they mean anything to do with working with kids. Getting the OWP was easy-peasy... which means that unlike many others waiting for AIP, he can already work. Definitely worth considering once you get your PGWP.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do they still have a call center and CIC has quietly shut it down by telling callers that the system is so busy?

Apr 25, 2012
Hi everyone! My husband (a Canadian Citizen) and I are still on the process of gathering all the documents and requirements for spousal visa application. At first we wanted to hire an immigration consultant but we changed our mind and just decided to do it on our our own, I just have a few questions and I am hoping u guys can help us with this..

A. I was on a temporary working permit for 2 years and transfer to a tourist visa, valid until Jan. 20. If i am going to submit my application a month before the expiry of my visa, do I still need to renew it?

B. I also have a son back home carrying his biological father's surname but I raise him on my own. My husband and I will include him in our application but we're not going to get him yet because we are planning to apply it together with the grandparents visa for my parents. I also know that all dependents need to undergo medical too so I am wondering how can I get a medical request for him if he will do it back home? Is form IMM5604 enough as proof of custody or do I still need to include other custody paper?

C. What are the forms that I need to include in my application to apply for an open work permit?

I know that my situation is very confusing, but we are hoping that we can get ideas and answers from this forum. ;) Thank you very much in advance!!

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cruiser34 said:
I dont have any client id.
you mentioned you are on a visa. so you will surely have a client id. it needs to be mentioned in the application as well. you can find it on the visa, usually under uci - 8 digits number.

cruiser34

Aug 27, 2014
Well i didnt know anything about it and i did't mention any client number on application. i am on tourist visa so there is no such client id on my tourist visa.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cruiser34 said:
Well i didnt know anything about it and i did't mention any client number on application. i am on tourist visa so there is no such client id on my tourist visa.
there's an 8 digit number at the bottom right. beside FPA. thats the client id number.

PixieDuster

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
GTA - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Inland withdrawn/ Resubmitted Outland 3-FEB-2015
AOR Received.
28-MAR-2015
File Transfer...
13-APR-2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
17-MAY-2015
MissFrowz said:
Oh really? I was unaware that you could switch from a PGWP to an OWP. Did he apply online and did he need a job offer/LMO?
We didn't know either! And nope - he's currently working only part-time with a tutoring contract, hardly a 'job offer'. He did indeed apply online, but only after he talked with someone about whether he needed to change his permit because he wanted to 'work with kids'.

However, I have been informed that the AIP OWP is different, and actually has on it 'PR application in process' which is what gets you your health coverage, etc. Still, though... other than working in the sex industry (I kid you not) he can pretty much hold any job.

Milen

Oct 15, 2014
Hi everyone,

I am new in this forum as a good friend of mine recommend me this one, by reading, I can see it helps a lot to those who need help and advice.

For now, I just have question asking for some advice what can I do as I send my application last July 12, received by CIC July 17 and I got AOR August 8. I am in a working permit and will expire on May 2015. When I sent my application it said will gonna take 11 months for the first stage, on May that will gonna be the 10th month of my application which same time end of my permit to stay. A friend advice me to call and ask CIC if possible to get open work permit before my permit expire so I will not need to extend my visa to stay.

Please help, some advice who had the same situation.
Sophie, please also add me here.

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Milen said:
Hi everyone,

I am new in this forum as a good friend of mine recommend me this one, by reading, I can see it helps a lot to those who need help and advice.

For now, I just have question asking for some advice what can I do as I send my application last July 12, received by CIC July 17 and I got AOR August 8. I am in a working permit and will expire on May 2015. When I sent my application it said will gonna take 11 months for the first stage, on May that will gonna be the 10th month of my application which same time end of my permit to stay. A friend advice me to call and ask CIC if possible to get open work permit before my permit expire so I will not need to extend my visa to stay.

Please help, some advice who had the same situation.
Sophie, please also add me here.
If you submi OWP application together with your inland application you wil have a implied status when you current work permit expires.

Milen

Oct 15, 2014
Thank you for the reply nismopinoy, is there any chance I can still do that even late? I already send and doesn't know about that. Any advice to what I can do to work that way please.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today my wife got visitor got visitor record for a year though she cancelled it over a month ago. she got admitted in a graduate program in university and applied for study permit (after cancelling visitor record application). Study permit has been approved. Should we call to CIC?
i am sponsoring my wife and our application was received on March 12, 2014, got AOR on August 6, 2014 and in process since Sept 22, 2014.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Milen said:
Thank you for the reply nismopinoy, is there any chance I can still do that even late? I already send and doesn't know about that. Any advice to what I can do to work that way please.
No. You have to include the OWP with the Inland application to benefit from implied status.

If you do not receive your AIP (which is when you are eligible for an OWP), before your current work permit expires, you would need to stop working.