Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
dadoB said:
as I could read on the posted homepage:

Since Feb 2014, times have increased from 6 months for First Stage to 14 months

That means, after I send my PR application, the first time I will ever hear from cic is after around 14 month ?
If you send a completed application, you should receive AOR in approximately 4 months. Everyone is different truly depends on the adequacy of the intake clerk. After which, you'll wait additionally leading to the 13 month mark. Who knows? Perhaps CIC will process faster by then. Good luck!

dadoB

Jul 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you michminn ! yes, who knows, that waiting for all the decisions is very nerv wrecking. I am really scared now, that for in case my visa extension gets denied, that i can`t wait for the outcome of my inland PR application here in Canada. And not even mentioning how I could ever return to Canada, if my application gets refused. And means AOR, that after receiving it, that the sponsor is already approved ? thank you and

best wishes to you all !

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
I just started a separate thread for anyone who wishes to share and contribute the letters they have sent to their MP.

I know we have a bunch of good ones buried here in our Inland threads, but they are not the easiest to find.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/share-your-letters-to-mps-samples-t246688.0.html

This is in hopes that if others have an easy template to use, more ppl will come forward and contact their MPs. The more pressure: the more action. (In theory)

Thanks to anyone who wishes to share! :)

Jun 11, 2013
For all the seniors here or anyone can share their thoughts.
What are the possibilities that will cause for a refusal of application? Im just panic here I heard 2 people in Edmonton got refused but they did not told yet the reason.

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
dadoB said:
thank you michminn ! yes, who knows, that waiting for all the decisions is very nerv wrecking. I am really scared now, that for in case my visa extension gets denied, that i can`t wait for the outcome of my inland PR application here in Canada. And not even mentioning how I could ever return to Canada, if my application gets refused. And means AOR, that after receiving it, that the sponsor is already approved ? thank you and

best wishes to you all !
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/handc.asp

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
sherryl galacgac said:
For all the seniors here or anyone can share their thoughts.
What are the possibilities that will cause for a refusal of application? Im just panic here I heard 2 people in Edmonton got refused but they did not told yet the reason.
Criminality, Misrepresentation....

There is no real reason an application will be refused, unless it is not genuine, or unless there are untruths....previous criminal issues, a serious medical issue....something like that.

Jun 11, 2013
ACS said:
Criminality, Misrepresentation....

There is no real reason an application will be refused, unless it is not genuine, or unless there are untruths....previous criminal issues, a serious medical issue....something like that.

Thank you!

Im in a common law for 2.5 years and so bothered becaused we are not married and Im now thinking it could be less point.

Is there any possibilities too that it could be fund?

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
You may have two applications in different classes simultaneously. Since family sponsorship and CEC are different classes (family class versus economic class) you may have two simultaneous applications.
So what happens when both Classes have been processed and approved? You will get 2 different types of PR cards or Work Permits?

family sponsorship and CEC will both lead to your PR, how does that work?

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
So what happens when both Classes have been processed and approved? You will get 2 different types of PR cards or Work Permits?

i was basically thinking that i would drop my family application if the skilled worker is approved quickly (my friends are landing in 6 months of the submission date!!!).
but i might not apply for the skilled worker. just realized that my ielts results expired 4 days ago and i really dont want to take the ielts again...

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
dadoB said:

best wishes to you all !
One of the key benefits of the Inland process is that you do not need to be in legal status. As long as you entered legally, you may be out of status and your Inland application's processing is not affected. This public policy has been in place for many years and while it could be revoked, I haven't seen anything indicating that CIC is suggesting doing so.

Bottom line: if your visitor status is refused, as long as you have an inland PR application pending you are fine to remain in Canada.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Jamesdavid3 said:

Once one is granted, the other application will be terminated, as you are no longer eligible to apply. In other words, a PR cannot apply to be a PR, so once you've become a PR, the second PR application will be closed.

Note that the fees won't be refunded if they've started processing an application, however.

But if someone has the choice of CEC versus inland spousal, I routinely recommend CEC - you get your letter from CPC-S in 2 months and with that you can extend your work permit (a "bridging open work permit"). Usually, you're done with CEC in 13 months, so by the time spousal get's AIP (and thus the work permit) a CEC applicant has become a permanent resident.

Plus, CEC isn't conditional (but spousal is if you haven't been married two years or have children at the time of application) and the sponsor hasn't promised to take care of the applicant for three years...

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ACS said:
unless it is not genuine
I'd say unless the officer think's it is not genuine. I have seen refusals in such cases where the sponsor ultimately chose to leave Canada in order to live with their spouse because the spouse was refused the right to stay (I recall the case clearly because based upon what I was told the decision was defective and likely would not have survived a judicial review, but they chose to leave Canada, rather than fight).

From what I can tell, CIC does no follow-up to ascertain if their determination about legitimacy of relationship is accurate, or not.

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
computergeek said:
Once one is granted, the other application will be terminated, as you are no longer eligible to apply. In other words, a PR cannot apply to be a PR, so once you've become a PR, the second PR application will be closed.

Note that the fees won't be refunded if they've started processing an application, however.

But if someone has the choice of CEC versus inland spousal, I routinely recommend CEC - you get your letter from CPC-S in 2 months and with that you can extend your work permit (a "bridging open work permit"). Usually, you're done with CEC in 13 months, so by the time spousal get's AIP (and thus the work permit) a CEC applicant has become a permanent resident.

Plus, CEC isn't conditional (but spousal is if you haven't been married two years or have children at the time of application) and the sponsor hasn't promised to take care of the applicant for three years...
this may not be the right place to ask, but do you happen to know if there is a way that one can escape retaking the ielts test for skilled worker? i got 8.5 last time, but my ielts score is now 2 years and 4 days old (and according to cic the ielts results should be less than 2 years old). i would apply as a skilled worker if i didnt have to take the ielts test again. thank you

dadoB

Jul 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
One of the key benefits of the Inland process is that you do not need to be in legal status. As long as you entered legally, you may be out of status and your Inland application's processing is not affected. This public policy has been in place for many years and while it could be revoked, I haven't seen anything indicating that CIC is suggesting doing so.

Bottom line: if your visitor status is refused, as long as you have an inland PR application pending you are fine to remain in Canada.
thank you so much computergeek for your explanation. I entered legally and will send my visa extension before my visitor record ends. Best wishes and thank you again !

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
sherryl galacgac said:
Thank you!

Im in a common law for 2.5 years and so bothered becaused we are not married and Im now thinking it could be less point.

Is there any possibilities too that it could be fund?
Hi Sheryl,

I applied as Common-Law too. As long as you have the proof that you've been together for 12 months. There's no reason to be worried.