May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Jumps2013 said:
on the ecas page you can use a number of options I think the best bet is the recipe number from the payment page for the fees.
I don't know anyone for whom that number worked.

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I need some help from you guys. I've to file for my Spouse Permanent resident sponsorship. Not too sure if I should file it Inland or Outland.
So here's my story. I became PR of Canada in July 2013 after provincial nomination program route.
Before our marriage my wife was also in Canada but we were both living and working in different provinces that time.
She has 3 years open work permit expiring next year in July.
We got married in Feb 2014 in our home country (India).
After marriage and having a beautiful time with our family (went home after 3 years time) we're back in Canada (had to leave my province for her because she doesn't like mine :()
I have a job now and she resumed working where she was working previously.

Just out of your experience, could you please help should I go with inland or outland filing.
Your guidance will help me a lot. Thanks a lot in advance.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Radium said:
Hello Everyone,

I need some help from you guys. I've to file for my Spouse Permanent resident sponsorship. Not too sure if I should file it Inland or Outland.
So here's my story. I became PR of Canada in July 2013 after provincial nomination program route.
Before our marriage my wife was also in Canada but we were both living and working in different provinces that time.
She has 3 years open work permit expiring next year in July.
We got married in Feb 2014 in our home country (India).
After marriage and having a beautiful time with our family (went home after 3 years time) we're back in Canada (had to leave my province for her because she doesn't like mine :()
I have a job now and she resumed working where she was working previously.

Just out of your experience, could you please help should I go with inland or outland filing.
Your guidance will help me a lot. Thanks a lot in advance.
She has a range of options: (1) Outland via NDVO, (2) Outland via CPC-O, (3) Inland. I suspect she might also qualify for CEC. Of these, NDVO is likely the fastest, though both NDVO and CPC-O should put her PR paperwork in her hands prior to the expiration of her current work permit.

NDVO is more complicated because they will not mail the passport back to her (Indian law prohibits mailing passports outside India). CPC-O will just mail it back to her in India and she can either land via the flagpole approach or via a scheduled inland landing appointment. If an interview is required, she would need to travel to India or one of the two US offices (I'm not sure if CPC-O does interviews directly for applicants in Canada, so that's possible, but I can't say for sure either way).

Inland is currently requiring 11 months for stage 1 approval - about as long as a straight-forward application through NDVO or CPC-O would take at this point. Of course, after stage 1 Inland she qualifies for an open work permit and must still wait for them to complete the PR process. So the time for 80% of Inland applicants to get a decision made is currently ~19 months. Outland applicants generally land within 1-2 weeks of their decision made date. Inland applicants sometimes wait as long as a year for their landing appointment at the local office.

CEC currently takes 13 months. After AOR from CPC-S, the CEC applicant is eligible for a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP). With CEC you do not have an undertaking and her PR would not be conditional.

There is no difference in the costs of any of these.

In general, if given the choice for Inland or Outland spousal, it is best to go Outland unless there is a specific reason to go inland: (1) the Inland processing time is shorter; (2) the applicant is out of status. There are no doubt other reasons, but those are the primary two.

angelpot11

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAGUA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/08/14
AOR Received.
08/09/14
File Transfer...
AIP : 02/24/2016
Med's Request
02/24/2016
Med's Done....
02/26/2016
angelpot11 said:
Hi Computergreek,

Thank you so much for your help, Just want to ask what you mean by non extendable type of WP what is IEC PGWP? thank you my husband work in pizza restaurant by the way is it exrendable? thanks again.

Angelpot11

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
angelpot11 said:
Thank you so much for your help, Just want to ask what you mean by non extendable type of WP what is IEC PGWP? thank you my husband work in pizza restaurant by the way is it exrendable? thanks again.
Some work permits have a restriction that they cannot be extended. This includes the working holiday visa (one year usually known as IEC) and the post graduate work permit (PGWP). Thus, it doesn't have anything to do with the type of job he has, but rather the type of work permit that he has.

A normal work permit, based upon a Labour Market Opinion letter (LMO) is normally extendable. Similarly, a work permit given under an international agreement (like NAFTA) is normally extendable.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Monkeyfish said:
Thank you Sophieee!!!! You're such a helpful person! ;D
Thank you so much:)

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
I did not send my Meds with my application. Should I send it now before CIC request for it?
Sent my application package in Dec 2013.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is anticipated that Toronto Star will feature a story on inland spousal sponsorship delay this coming Friday June 13 (Yes - Friday the 13th). If you communicated with Toronto Star, expect to see your story go public.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
April Fajardo said:
I did not send my Meds with my application. Should I send it now before CIC request for it?
Sent my application package in Dec 2013.
it's good if you do it now. you will have enough time before and after AIP, so no worries about expiration date. may even help making your process faster after AIP.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
civic said:
It is anticipated that Toronto Star will feature a story on inland spousal sponsorship delay this coming Friday June 13 (Yes - Friday the 13th). If you communicated with Toronto Star, expect to see your story go public.
Hopefully, the reporter contacted CIC and received answers to the obvious questions:

1. WHY were all Inland applications transferred from Vegreville to Mississauga? Although CPC-M is reported to have more `expertise' in Family Class Sponsorships, did they have the manpower to handle the extra workload?

2. What happened to the staff at CPC-V that were assigned to the Inland applications?

3. Why has there been zero communication from CIC, such as an update posted to their website, explaining what is [not] happening?

Sometimes, all it takes is simple communication to the masses...to quite said masses.

Hopefully, the article is not just a report on those that are stuck in this CIC quicksand. We already know the stories and complaints. It would be nice to hear what CIC has to say...and from someone other than a Call Centre agent that has no idea what's happening with these applications!

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
Hopefully, the reporter contacted CIC and received answers to the obvious questions:

1. WHY were all Inland applications transferred from Vegreville to Mississauga? Although CPC-M is reported to have more `expertise' in Family Class Sponsorships, did they have the manpower to handle the extra workload?

2. What happened to the staff at CPC-V that were assigned to the Inland applications?

3. Why has there been zero communication from CIC, such as an update posted to their website, explaining what is [not] happening?

Sometimes, all it takes is simple communication to the masses...to quite said masses.

Hopefully, the article is not just a report on those that are stuck in this CIC quicksand. We already know the stories and complaints. It would be nice to hear what CIC has to say...and from someone other than a Call Centre agent that has no idea what's happening with these applications!
agreed 100%. we already know the problems and issues here on the forum. no point in reading the same bit**ing in another media. what we need to know are the causes, consequences and/or solutions to these issues.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:

CIC has refused media inquiries from Toronto Star. Reporter confirmed he will still file the story this Friday with or without CIC comments. They maintain a closed door behind CPP-M.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
civic said:
CIC has refused media inquiries from Toronto Star. Reporter confirmed he will still file the story this Friday with or without CIC comments. They maintain a closed door behind CPP-M.
*Yawn*

That's too bad that CPC-M is being so secretive. As stated earlier...we already know what's happening, so without any comment from CIC...it'll just be wasted ink on newsprint.

Or, bandwidth for those that choose to read the story online.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
*Yawn*

That's too bad that CPC-M is being so secretive. As stated earlier...we already know what's happening, so without any comment from CIC...it'll just be wasted ink on newsprint.

Or, bandwidth for those that choose to read the story online.
At least we can slap the article on the faces of helpless, useless MPs especially Cons MPs who were elected to represent us and now keeping their mouth shut. I am from Calgary, 99.999% of Calgary MPs are Cons but if you guys are from somewhere else that has stronger representation from NDP and Liberals, you guys can kindly ask them to bring it up to Parliament and question Chris Alexander right there. and so this dumb rat can't run away and avoid answering us.