App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Thank you Allura for sharing your knowledge with me. Much appreciated. But what if I'm going to renew my passport now but then in next two months just for an example I will be going to my landing interview but my passport is on process. What should I do?

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
Got my landing letter today! I was NOT expecting to get it so quickly.

We will be landing on February 23rd, in Edmonton.

I can't even begin to say how good this feels. I just got a new job last week that starts next week, and now PR. February is officially now my most favourite month.

Kae12345

Aug 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 11, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept 30, 2013
Congrats AckTivity!!

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
Congratulations to everyone who received good news! Happy for you guys but since I haven't heard anything it's hard to keep faith. Phoned last week and the agent has sent an email to the processing Centre but I'll try to phone again tomorrow. ..

CherPare

Star Member
Jul 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
02-20-2015
wictory said:
Two questions :

1. I am a November 2013 applicant and just applied for an OWP in the new pilot program in the very end of January.
How long sohuld it be taking to hear anything from CIC ?

2. My wife got pregnant. Do I need to let CIC know ? If yes what sort of documents should I send ?
CIC doesn't need to know until baby is born! :)

I'm due in April and haven't let them know anything, figured they'd still be working on our application after baby is here anyways. But if you want to let them know that she is expecting, I'd recommend waiting until you have AIP, then you can email a doctor's note and maybe ultrasound pictures?? :) Congratulations, btw! :D

mo2aka

Aug 23, 2011
Hey guys got my AIP on Feb 05, AOR Aug 28/2013, I'm living in Edmonton just wondering how long do you guys think is going to take for DM or landing interview?

whatalongwait

Dec 14, 2014
Landed on December 19th. We received the PR card in the mail on Tuesday this week (53 days?). We're officially done! From start to finish it took 2 years less a couple weeks.

The information, support and camaraderie of this forum and it's members has been amazing. I wish everyone who's still waiting good luck.

aca763er

Dec 19, 2014
Hey Everyone!

So I landed a few days ago. I know I've only posted here once but throughout the application process, I read this forum on a daily basis and at some points it was comforting to know that I wasn't the only one out there going through the stress that is inland sponsorship. So just some background, my spouse was the one who sponsored me. App was filed April, 2013 AOR April, 2013, AIP March, 2014, DM January, 2015 and landing (in Ottawa) this month. The wait was over 8 months between our AIP and DM and we were constantly trying to get in touch with the CIC call centre (always an unpleasant experience by the way). At one point the call centre informed us that since it'd been over 8 months that they were going to send Vegreville a "message" asking them what the hold up was and that they would respond within one month at the latest. Well, we called them a month later (to the day) and the person at the call centre said that they hadn't heard back and that we'd have to wait another 3 months before they could send them another message--basically that we were out of options. A few days later however we received our DM, so I don't really know if they’d just "forgotten" about our application and needed to be reminded of it, or if it was something else but that message seemed to actually get things moving a bit.

Anyway, we got an e-mail about three weeks in advance from Ottawa with our landing date and time (8:30 a.m.). When the day finally came, we went to the landing office and there was a bit of a line up (12-13 people ahead of us) standing by the door. A security guard was checking to make sure that we had our appointment e-mails with us (so be sure to print those out) and was letting us into the waiting room on a first come first served basis (turns out all those other people had appointments for 8:30 as well). When we finally got into the room, there were three windows and about 20 chairs. I thought the "officers" would be in full CBSA gear (like you see at the border) but they were dressed casually. We waited about an hour and fifteen minutes and it was finally our turn. We went up to one of the windows (I didn’t like how public the windows were and how easy it was for people to overhear us and for us to overhear others, I wish there was a little more discretion). The officer asked me for my passport and driver’s license (again I’m the one being sponsored), and for my spouse’s passport and our original marriage certificate. He asked my spouse the standard questions (has your situation changed, are you will to commit to at least two years together, are you willing to support your spouse financially and otherwise for the next two years?) and then asked me if I’d ever been convicted of a crime or been denied entry to Canada. We both answered his questions, then he had me initial, and sign two copies of my COPR and congratulated me on becoming a PR. He also asked me to wait 48 hours before I applied for my permanent SIN as it takes a while for the system to update. And that was it!

Being an April, 2013 applicant, it was at times difficult when I’d hear that people who’d applied in September and October of 2013 were receiving their DM’s and landing letters (or e-mails) but I’m glad it’s over. It was definitely very, very stressful and it seemed to go on forever. There were days where I was never going to get that DM and that it wasn’t meant to be. But to be honest it’s really worth it in the end, when you get that piece of paper in your hand.

I figured I’d share my story with you guys to try and show you that there is hope and that your landing might be right around the corner. One thing the officer told me was that it will take about 4 – 6 weeks for me to receive my PR card (knowing CIC’s work ethic though, it’ll probably be closer to 4 – 6 months) but who cares? I landed and I’m on my way to becoming a citizen. I’ve already waited two years (plus the time I’ve been in Canada on other visas), what’s another few weeks?

olgabizz

May 12, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville -Missasauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2013 (sent)
AOR Received.
11-09-2013 (Application received)
File Transfer...
CPC V- CPC M - March 2014
Med's Done....
February 2014
Passport Req..
DM : 12 Feb 2015
LANDED..........
23 Feb 2015
Ok guys cheer up! good start of a day! i think i got DM (yes yes yes, i am still in shock and do not know what is going on )

i know that now with the crazy wait timelines it is hard to advise anything, anyways want to share that i sent my medicals and police certificate after applying , did not do it upfront in case my application will be returned if it is incomplete or any other reason and i will lose a lot of time and police certificate will expire.

SO what i did - i applied in September 2013, sent in my meds and police in feb 2014 and they were able to match my files - and so i got AIP and DM at the same time - see, it works sometimes and it is possible to get DM right away if they happy with your story/papers and they have meds with police on hand (i was really hoping to get it this way actually, and if you strongly believe in something IT REALLY WORKS!! i was visualizing and meditating on getting DM, skipping AIP stage :))))) my little miracle came true)

So i got an email half an hour ago with PDF attachment. the beginning of the pdf letter is saying:

"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in ETOBICOKE will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."

The rest of the letter explains that i have to bring identity documents and pay the RPRF fee. So i am guessing it is DM letter, and now i have to wait for physical letter stating the date of my landing , correct?

i still can not think straight, please someone confirm it is what i am thinking it is :)) almost over? all of this wait? :) and i wlll be able to TRAVEL again???? i did not leave Canada for 6, 5 years already :))))

All wonderful people on this forum, especially the ones who are waiting right now, i am telling you - it will come to end for all of us, we just have to pass it as a storm, and meanwhile you wait, work on your talents. this waiting time gave me so much, i rethought what i want to do in life, i explored so many passions, i am blessing this time actually. the major setback for me was that i was not able to travel , and i could not attend some important events, including funeral. but thats ok , there is time for everything, just know that everything in Divine hands and everyone has it is own perfect time for everything!

Good luck to everyone, including me, cause i did not land yet :)))) i will feel safe once i have CORP in my hands, or better - PR Card hehehe

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
olgabizz said:
Ok guys cheer up! good start of a day! i think i got DM (yes yes yes, i am still in shock and do not know what is going on )

i know that now with the crazy wait timelines it is hard to advise anything, anyways want to share that i sent my medicals and police certificate after applying , did not do it upfront in case my application will be returned if it is incomplete or any other reason and i will lose a lot of time and police certificate will expire.

SO what i did - i applied in September 2013, sent in my meds and police in feb 2014 and they were able to match my files - and so i got AIP and DM at the same time - see, it works sometimes and it is possible to get DM right away if they happy with your story/papers and they have meds with police on hand (i was really hoping to get it this way actually, and if you strongly believe in something IT REALLY WORKS!! i was visualizing and meditating on getting DM, skipping AIP stage :))))) my little miracle came true)

So i got an email half an hour ago with PDF attachment. the beginning of the pdf letter is saying:

"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in ETOBICOKE will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."

The rest of the letter explains that i have to bring identity documents and pay the RPRF fee. So i am guessing it is DM letter, and now i have to wait for physical letter stating the date of my landing , correct?

i still can not think straight, please someone confirm it is what i am thinking it is :)) almost over? all of this wait? :) and i wlll be able to TRAVEL again???? i did not leave Canada for 6, 5 years already :))))

All wonderful people on this forum, especially the ones who are waiting right now, i am telling you - it will come to end for all of us, we just have to pass it as a storm, and meanwhile you wait, work on your talents. this waiting time gave me so much, i rethought what i want to do in life, i explored so many passions, i am blessing this time actually. the major setback for me was that i was not able to travel , and i could not attend some important events, including funeral. but thats ok , there is time for everything, just know that everything in Divine hands and everyone has it is own perfect time for everything!

Good luck to everyone, including me, cause i did not land yet :)))) i will feel safe once i have CORP in my hands, or better - PR Card hehehe
Yes it is DM, congratulation :)

Korosia

Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey/ loving the good news coming along - got another email this morning asking us to do our Medicals again - apt is made for Monday -

Blackdisc

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Guys a question ...........

Dec 10th we received the AIP.
We called up CIC to confirm that the RPRF receipt we sent in (coz we paid after the AIP), has been received and updated in our application. Finally it was updated in our file this week. From the conversation with the CIC agent, it seems that everything has been done and is OK, i.e medicals, security, etc. Just that the officer has to review the file and issue DM (I suppose).

Anyone from similar experience, on how long we should expect to wait ........ We are waiting impatiently !!!

Thanks for your comments and support.

BlackDisc

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Just about to leave work to go get hubby and go for our landing. I am soooo stressed/nervous....but was thinking of you all, and just wanted to stop by and say HI to everyone...

And congrats to the others with good news! :)

And aca763er, thanks for your description of events! :)

I will be back to let everyone know the outcome....send positive vibes pretty please! :) :eek: :eek: :eek:

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
I'm a little confused. Since CIC takes an eternity to do anything, why exactly do they need people to re-do their medicals and/or security checks?

Depending on how long this process takes, are we expected to get fresh medical exams every year?

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
GustavesF said:
I'm a little confused. Since CIC takes an eternity to do anything, why exactly do they need people to re-do their medicals and/or security checks?

Depending on how long this process takes, are we expected to get fresh medical exams every year?
That's confusing for me as well, from what's been written here I was under the impression that medicals shouldn't expire for the whole time the app's being processed.