28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
GustavesF said:
This is discouraging. Why exactly is CIC allowed to operate like like decrepit system of the 1920's?

Why do "automated responses" take between 2 and 10 months to send out?
Why can't files be stored in chronological order?
Why aren't files stored in something more precise than a "heap"?

The picture I develop in my head when I hear "rather devote the resources to give the OWPs than sorting them in chronological order" sounds like the files are stored in an obstacle course or scavenger hunt, and it *actually* takes rigorous effort to locate them. Like individual files are affixed to irritable birds that CIC agents literally need to subdue in order to recover.

I don't understand, there have to be some best practices in place.

Is it because we're dealing with a government union? Is that why they can't hire people, is that why they work so slowly, is that why processes haven't progressed along with the rest of humanity?
But how come issuing aips are based on chronological dates? If the files for aip issuance are already on cues, why cant they just follow that order? I know not all have owp attached but still...
I am assuming when they received these files, they are put to certain order according to their dates.

SS.Kingston

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2014 (AIP)
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
17-10-2014 (Decision Made)
Landed in CIC-Ottawa on Tuesday, January 27, 2015.

For sure it is a busy spot. Appointment was scheduled at 10:30. Got there at 10am. Didn't get called until noon. Once we got to the window, it only took 10 minutes. Make sure that you pay enough for parking!

Good luck to everyone else who's still waiting.

Blackdisc

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
LeBon said:
In my time in Canada, I've had four study permits and I'm now on my third work permit (PGWP, IEC and Pilot). Every single one has said "does not permit re-entry". I've crossed to the US and flown home to the UK 20 or 30 times in total. If I was not from a visa exempt country, maybe I would be less confident, but I'm from the UK so I'm really not worried. Ponga is conservative on these things as is his right, my experience has been different.
LeBon ...its a good question ... has anyone been denied? I have no knowledge of anyone being denied, but i don't know many who have tried from a non-exempt country. Yesterday I had an interesting conversation with a CIC agent, who actually spent a considerable time on the phone. Many would already know this, but I will repeat nonetheless so excuse me. My situation was that there was a family death in my spouse's family (applicant) and she's stuck till the PR card is in hand or travel and accept the risk. We are from a non-exempt country. I am a PR of course. I was trying to understand from the CIC agent the process and the risks associated.

How does RE-ENTRY to Canada work for INLAND applicants from VISA non exempt countries?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any person is free to leave Canada at any time during their inland processing; there are no restrictions in leaving. The caveat is during re-entry. Because as everyone knows, if you are denied re-entry, you will lose your inland applicant status. Technically you have 2 hoops to jump for re-entry.

Hoop # 1:
As an inland applicant, if having a visitor record of entry (technically the paper that you get mailed by CIC to have status in Canada while you wait in perpetuity for your DM), will not enable to get back or even board a flight back to Canada. So once you exit Canada and get to your home country, you need to get a visa through the local Canadian embassy. This Visa which will be affixed to your passport will allow you to board the aircraft and get to a Canadian port. But Wait !!! There is one more caveat! The visa does not guarantee you re-entry into Canada. It just means that you can board a commercial carrier to reach a Canadian port of entry. Just that. Ha!

Hoop # 2:
Once you land in a Canadian port you have to jump through the second hoop. At the port of re-entry, now the CBSA officer will chat with you and you have to make your case. Being an inland applicant, Some of the things they will look for are ....... Have you always maintained your status in a legal way? Have you broken the law in anyway? (Of course this is not an exhaustive list, but if you have played by all rules correctly, its suggested that the officer will have little grounds to deny you to get back in Canada and continue your wait for your inland application). By the way the 2nd hoop of chatting with the CBSA officer applies to inland applicant re-entering Canada from a visa-exempt country (such as UK) as well. Being from a visa exempt country may possibly make the questioning easier or eliminate the need for questioning, but if the officer has any reason to believe that you have not played by the rules, it may not end in a re-entry in such a situation.

I wish that CIC issues multiple re-entry visa by default to inland applicants from visa-non exempt countries and levels the playing field with those from visa exempt countries. This is at the very least. An inland applicant without an OWP is waiting unproductively and re-entry visa will alleviate a lot of concerns.

Please also note that only two types of people CANNOT BE DENIED RE-ENTRY. They are the Permanent Residence Card holders and Citizens. Everyone ELSE is subject to CBSA officer decision. Coming from a visa-exempt country does not give one the privilege for RE-ENTRY. but it does let you get to a Canadian port on a Commercial carrier, without having to apply for a visa at your homeland.

This is as per my understanding, I hope that I am accurate in this and that this is helpful for those from visa non-exempt countries.

BlackDisc

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Hi. Those who landed in Edmonton, where did you have your photo taken? Just wanna make sure i get the right ones.

LeBon

May 21, 2013
Blackdisc said:
LeBon ...its a good question ... has anyone been denied? I have no knowledge of anyone being denied, but i don't know many who have tried from a non-exempt country. Yesterday I had an interesting conversation with a CIC agent, who actually spent a considerable time on the phone. Many would already know this, but I will repeat nonetheless so excuse me. My situation was that there was a family death in my spouse's family (applicant) and she's stuck till the PR card is in hand or travel and accept the risk. We are from a non-exempt country. I am a PR of course. I was trying to understand from the CIC agent the process and the risks associated.

How does RE-ENTRY to Canada work for INLAND applicants from VISA non exempt countries?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any person is free to leave Canada at any time during their inland processing; there are no restrictions in leaving. The caveat is during re-entry. Because as everyone knows, if you are denied re-entry, you will lose your inland applicant status. Technically you have 2 hoops to jump for re-entry.

Hoop # 1:
As an inland applicant, if having a visitor record of entry (technically the paper that you get mailed by CIC to have status in Canada while you wait in perpetuity for your DM), will not enable to get back or even board a flight back to Canada. So once you exit Canada and get to your home country, you need to get a visa through the local Canadian embassy. This Visa which will be affixed to your passport will allow you to board the aircraft and get to a Canadian port. But Wait !!! There is one more caveat! The visa does not guarantee you re-entry into Canada. It just means that you can board a commercial carrier to reach a Canadian port of entry. Just that. Ha!

Hoop # 2:
Once you land in a Canadian port you have to jump through the second hoop. At the port of re-entry, now the CBSA officer will chat with you and you have to make your case. Being an inland applicant, Some of the things they will look for are ....... Have you always maintained your status in a legal way? Have you broken the law in anyway? (Of course this is not an exhaustive list, but if you have played by all rules correctly, its suggested that the officer will have little grounds to deny you to get back in Canada and continue your wait for your inland application). By the way the 2nd hoop of chatting with the CBSA officer applies to inland applicant re-entering Canada from a visa-exempt country (such as UK) as well. Being from a visa exempt country may possibly make the questioning easier or eliminate the need for questioning, but if the officer has any reason to believe that you have not played by the rules, it may not end in a re-entry in such a situation.

I wish that CIC issues multiple re-entry visa by default to inland applicants from visa-non exempt countries and levels the playing field with those from visa exempt countries. This is at the very least. An inland applicant without an OWP is waiting unproductively and re-entry visa will alleviate a lot of concerns.

Please also note that only two types of people CANNOT BE DENIED RE-ENTRY. They are the Permanent Residence Card holders and Citizens. Everyone ELSE is subject to CBSA officer decision. Coming from a visa-exempt country does not give one the privilege for RE-ENTRY. but it does let you get to a Canadian port on a Commercial carrier, without having to apply for a visa at your homeland.

This is as per my understanding, I hope that I am accurate in this and that this is helpful for those from visa non-exempt countries.

BlackDisc
Of course Blackdisc, you're correct being visa exempt doesn't guarantee anything. My experience is conditional on being a good little temporary resident for cic! I've never been out of status or broken any laws. And actually did experience difficulty entering as a visitor although it always worked out ok eventually. I certainly wouldn't encourage leaving if you are a visitor or on implied status. I have a work permit and a job paying taxes, it's not in Canada's interest to have me unable to work because I spent weekend in Vermont!

vinotintazo

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2, 2015 (Forms with Typos)
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2015 OWP: April 27, 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 9, 2014 (Upfront)
Interview........
SA: April 12, 2016 AIP: April 12, 2016 DM: April 12, 2016 Interview: Waived
LANDED..........
May 3, 2016
Blackdisc said:

Hoop # 1:

Hoop # 2:

BlackDisc
My Wife has a Muilti-Entry Visa, and even then, she doesnt want to leave/re-entry. Just the thought of a possible Deny of Entry freaks her out!.
We're submitting our inland next week. Her 6 month Visitor Status expires Feb 10.

Blackdisc

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
vinotintazo said:
My Wife has a Muilti-Entry Visa, and even then, she doesnt want to leave/re-entry. Just the thought of a possible Deny of Entry freaks her out!.
We're submitting our inland next week. Her 6 month Visitor Status expires Feb 10.
Given the current frustrating wait times, are you having no option other than inland? When we applied inland the wait times was 6-8 months. Now CIC is running at 24 months as you might know with a track record of 1-2 week processing for 1 day worth of applications, leaving alone the attitude it caries for inland applicants.

At the 24 month mark, my wife is fedup of watching wall paint dry in the house and do nothing but cook, clean and study (Yes no OWP, but we are close to DM).

BlackDisc

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
shyla36 said:
Hi. Those who landed in Edmonton, where did you have your photo taken? Just wanna make sure i get the right ones.
I took mine at the London drugs at WEM , paid around 12 - 13 dollars . Just ask for a permanent residence photo , they will know , but bring your specifications just to make sure . God bless us all

LeBon

May 21, 2013
vinotintazo said:
Including the OWP app does give you implied status (as long as it gets to cic before Feb 10) but it's worth thinking about extended the visitor status. It could be seen as a waste of money but, to us, it was worth the piece of mind of knowing nothing can accidentally make you out of status.

ging910

Feb 19, 2014
LeBon said:
In my time in Canada, I've had four study permits and I'm now on my third work permit (PGWP, IEC and Pilot). Every single one has said "does not permit re-entry". I've crossed to the US and flown home to the UK 20 or 30 times in total. If I was not from a visa exempt country, maybe I would be less confident, but I'm from the UK so I'm really not worried. Ponga is conservative on these things as is his right, my experience has been different.
What was ur longest time u were gone for without ur spouse?

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Tilikun said:
I took mine at the London drugs at WEM , paid around 12 - 13 dollars . Just ask for a permanent residence photo , they will know , but bring your specifications just to make sure . God bless us all
Thanks as always tilikun

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
LeBon said:
Including the OWP app does give you implied status (as long as it gets to cic before Feb 10) but it's worth thinking about extended the visitor status. It could be seen as a waste of money but, to us, it was worth the piece of mind of knowing nothing can accidentally make you out of status.
Slight error here.

They dont have to receive the application + OWP app before Feb 10th. It has to be mailed by Feb 10th. I was told this by a CIC agent. I know it sounds weird but lets say you go to Canada post on Feb 10th and mail it that day, then you would still be in the 'okay' even if they receive it on say Feb 12th.

again..i was told this by a CIC agent..but they are pretty useless sometimes so who knows...

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
shyla36 said:
But how come issuing aips are based on chronological dates? If the files for aip issuance are already on cues, why cant they just follow that order? I know not all have owp attached but still...
I am assuming when they received these files, they are put to certain order according to their dates.
This begs the question: Why are we being fed complete garbage?

Why is there no reasonable communication coming out of CIC?
My MP's office gets in touch with them every month or so, and even they just get incomplete, incorrect, useless information.

Why would anyone be telling *anyone* that they're concentrating on issuing OWP's so they can't be bothered to do it in order?
What if someone said that in an interview? Isn't this trivial?
Isn't it equally ridiculous to say "We have stopped using lights in our offices, as turning them on uses time we'd rater devote to issuing OWP's" ?

Clearly not enough of us are issuing complaints. If no one complains it simply "ain't broke" and no one is going to "fix it".