Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
05-01-2015
AOR Received.
App Received by CIC 18-09-2013
Med's Request
05-01-2015
Well, when we received our letter regarding the 'implied status' situation we called CIC and was told that it would last until a decision is made regarding the OWP application which is contingent on approval of AIP. Unless you leave the country before then. If we did that, then the 'implied status' becomes null.

On the pilot program note, I was just curious if anyone had any other info regarding it since the only pilot program information I read recently on CIC was about making it easier for immigrant investors and their families to obtain PR starting January 2015. I guess like everyone else, I'm just grasping at any straws to ease the tension of waiting.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
todare said:
I give up. You guys win. Beat me up. Don't bother me again. Read the link and see yourself. don't care.
So we are waiting for CIC policies to come out and in the meantime we have Ponga version of policies to entertain? ;D

todare, dont waste your energy with the people here.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
civic said:
So we are waiting for CIC policies to come out and in the meantime we have Ponga version of policies to entertain? ;D

todare, dont waste your energy with the people here.
What's the harm in offering possible scenarios, while we wait for the CIC `memo'?

Do they not make sense to you at all?

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
JohnnyP said:
Hey Harmin. It's good to see you here again and I'm sorry to hear about the separation.
A long time has passed since you left and things seem to be the same without much progress.
Hi Ponga And JohnnyP .. Thanks Bro's.. hey JohnnyP.. how u doing man ? how about ur application ?? Did u got AIP & DM or still nothing ?? When I heard some one entered in Canadian Parliament with gun and open fired 2 months ago , That time my brain and heart said to me may be this guy also 2013 July or Aug applicant and he really pissed off from them.....But its can't be PONGA OR JOHNNYP ... Because PONGA Very Quite type and always talk about law and follow the law and same time my brain said to me, its can't be JOHNNYP also because he already very old and difficult for him to carry big gun ... :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
Guys I am always here .. :-* :-* :-* :-*

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
It's good to see Harmin, ponga, JohnnyP and all you guys. Seemed like you were all busy somewhere :) sending lots of good wishes and Christmas greetings your way.

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
HARMIN said:
Hi Ponga And JohnnyP .. Thanks Bro's.. hey JohnnyP.. how u doing man ? how about ur application ?? Did u got AIP & DM or still nothing ?? When I heard some one entered in Canadian Parliament with gun and open fired 2 months ago , That time my brain and heart said to me may be this guy also 2013 July or Aug applicant and he really pissed off from them.....But its can't be PONGA OR JOHNNYP ... Because PONGA Very Quite type and always talk about law and follow the law and same time my brain said to me, its can't be JOHNNYP also because he already very old and difficult for him to carry big gun ... :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
Guys I am always here .. :-* :-* :-* :-*
So sorry about what happened to you Harmin , but thanks for sharing your updates , so far your the only one with AIP and DM since July 21, 2014 . And you were a august 2nd aplicant ,right ? I think that on January there will be a rain of AIP ,DM ,owp , for all of us here , I very hope so .

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
wictory said:
I think after the August applications are done the process will be faster as there are much less applications sent in the months of Sep, Oct, Nov Dec, Jan and Feb ???!!!
That is some wishful thinking. I hope you are right, since we are Oct 1, 2013, but I don't think so. Soon it will be 17 months, then 18 months...

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well I'm a born and raised Canadian Citizen who's pretty much fed up with this country. Since I fell in love with an immigrant and we made the choice to go through this process I have been treated like a low class citizen. We have been waiting 21 long months for my husband's AIP. Our file has been in Saskatoon's office for more than the 8 months they said they had to complete the file. Still nothing. CIC sent them a message and the most they can tell me is that if they don't hear anything, they'll send another message 3 months from now. Then a light shone on a CBC article saying that there would be a pilot project...but that was 2 days ago and all Chris Alexander wants to talk about is the other pilot project he's launching...the one that lets wealthy people buy their way into the country. The 4 years my husband has been in this country funneling money into the economy through school fees, living expenses, marriage, taxes...none of that means anything towards getting PR...but some stranger with 2 million to spend can get citizenship no problem. Well Canada, that's just about the last straw. You have taken any chance of PR being a celebration away from me. I am 100% bitter at CIC for so transparently favouring the rich and powerful over the people who make up the backbone of this country. The next time my husband says "We should just move to Austrailia", I just might take him up on it.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
Mela said:
Well I'm a born and raised Canadian Citizen who's pretty much fed up with this country. Since I fell in love with an immigrant and we made the choice to go through this process I have been treated like a low class citizen. We have been waiting 21 long months for my husband's AIP. Our file has been in Saskatoon's office for more than the 8 months they said they had to complete the file. Still nothing. CIC sent them a message and the most they can tell me is that if they don't hear anything, they'll send another message 3 months from now. Then a light shone on a CBC article saying that there would be a pilot project...but that was 2 days ago and all Chris Alexander wants to talk about is the other pilot project he's launching...the one that lets wealthy people buy their way into the country. The 4 years my husband has been in this country funneling money into the economy through school fees, living expenses, marriage, taxes...none of that means anything towards getting PR...but some stranger with 2 million to spend can get citizenship no problem. Well Canada, that's just about the last straw. You have taken any chance of PR being a celebration away from me. I am 100% bitter at CIC for so transparently favouring the rich and powerful over the people who make up the backbone of this country. The next time my husband says "We should just move to Austrailia", I just might take him up on it.
Hi Mela, if you don't mind me asking. How many months you've been living together before you send your application to CIC? I applied for Common-Law too, we've been living together from July 2012-Feb 2014 before I sent my application, I'm worried I might wait for too long just like you. How long you've been dating too before moving in? Sorry I have tons of questions, I'm just worried ::)

jomarcabiles

Star Member
Dec 7, 2008
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2013
Doc's Request.
01/2014
AOR Received.
05/2013
Med's Request
01/2014
Med's Done....
02/2014
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2014
LANDED..........
12/16/2014 cic edmonton
so I have landed yesterday in Edmonton. the questions are just straightforward and standard. I got my sin renewed and my alberta health.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
jomarcabiles said:
so I have landed yesterday in Edmonton. the questions are just straightforward and standard. I got my sin renewed and my alberta health.
Congrats Jomar! How long you've been living together before applying as Common-Law in CIC?

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Carlaganda23 said:
Hi Mela, if you don't mind me asking. How many months you've been living together before you send your application to CIC? I applied for Common-Law too, we've been living together from July 2012-Feb 2014 before I sent my application, I'm worried I might wait for too long just like you. How long you've been dating too before moving in? Sorry I have tons of questions, I'm just worried ::)
Our file has been transferred twice due to immigration's error so first of all I'd suggest NEVER MOVE. We were together nearly two years and living together for 1 when we applied.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If only Canada would adopt the Americans' `Wet foot, dry foot' policy. That would make it easier for those seeking PR: ;D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wet_feet,_dry_feet_policy

Seriously! As an American, I'm still befuddled at how screwed up the Inland process is here.

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
Hi Guys,

We never sent in an OWP application, but for obvious reasons we would like to now. I feel like a dolt. I am stumbling all over their website trying to figure out the correct forms, but I am not sure and don’t want to do this wrong. Can anyone kindly provide me the correct link?

All I can do in return is wish you Happy Holidays!

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Hi everyone, I'm about to get in touch with my MP regarding this wait and I don't want a canned CIC template letter as a response. (Full detail in the new topic, link posted below) I'm trying to collect as many of these template letters as possible to show my MP ahead of time what I do not wish to receive, in the hopes that I get a real response and some real detail (it's a long shot, I know...) If any of you have something that you've received through your MP that you can post, I would really appreciate it! I will share the outcome with everyone.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/generic-cic-replies-to-letters-mp-requests-t259875.0.html

-GFDVCA