+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
todare said:
Ponga just that implied status wasn't in effect if your visitor's record expires and keep your visa up to date. Implied status only occurred in a narrow margin while they were looking at your OWP. that they do not remove people from Canada but keeping your visa current looked a lot better in CIC's eyes. he said it was a myth that implied status occurs during the whole process. In order to legally (and they might overlook it) for an OWP you have to have a current visa. I even posted the page with this information.
This is the page for those who wish to decide themselves......http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
todare said:
This is the page for those who wish to decide themselves......http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp
Since that page doesn't discuss the `public policy' that allowed applicants without status to apply for sponsorship, there's really no way of telling how that would impact their OWP processing. The way that I interpreted it was that the Inland application `policy' also extended to processing the OWP AFTER they have been given AIP.

Once again...we wait to see what CIC publishes about this new pilot program.

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Ponga said:
Since that page doesn't discuss the `public policy' that allowed applicants without status to apply for sponsorship, there's really no way of telling how that would impact their OWP processing. The way that I interpreted it was that the Inland application `policy' also extended to processing the OWP AFTER they have been given AIP.

Once again...we wait to see what CIC publishes about this new pilot program.
but you have to keep you visa status current...at least that is what I understand

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
todare said:
but you have to keep you visa status current...at least that is what I understand
I guess not, because people here that applied without status have received OWP. A recent example was Yata520 (I believe).

*Edited*
Just found out that Yata520 never submitted an OWP (spreadsheet is incorrect), but did receive PR without any noticeable delay because of being out of status.

No idea how this new pilot program would benefit (if at all) a person without status that has AOR.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
todare said:
is this true??

My partners PGWP has expired and she isnt working now but she doenst have a valid visa...

should she apply for a holiday visa or something?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Ponga said:
I believe civic stated that this was found on the FB page, right? No idea where the full release was found.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2013-t129064.17235.html
there has been no "official" release as of yet. according to civic, the quote he shared is from an email from CIC to the FB group, apparently they have been communicating directly.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhcohen2014 said:
there has been no "official" release as of yet. according to civic, the quote he shared is from an email from CIC to the FB group, apparently they have been communicating directly.
I realize that, which is why I said `full release', to match what the requester was referring to. :D

spven84

Dec 16, 2014
Hello guys,

Sorry for re-posting my answer but this hasn't allowed me to fully enjoy my AIP.

Has anybody received his OWP even when there wasn't reference about it in the AIP?

I submitted the complete package including Medical, Police Certificate and Work Permit but there wasn't any reference about a Work Permit in my AIP as I've seen in other posts.

If someone had a similar experience I'd be grateful for his feedback.

Thank you.

iwannasee

Aug 7, 2013
Hi,

We submitted the in-land application in Oct 2013, and still no answer for stage 1 from the CIC, so we've been waiting for 14 months for this stage.

Is everyone who submitted application in Oct in the same boat as we do? Or has anyone already received an answer from the CIC?

Their website processing time says that the current wait time is 16 months and they are working on the August 2013 cases, but I'm not sure how updated that is...

Any input is appreciated!

spven84

Dec 16, 2014
iwannasee said:
Hi,

We submitted the in-land application in Oct 2013, and still no answer for stage 1 from the CIC, so we've been waiting for 14 months for this stage.

Is everyone who submitted application in Oct in the same boat as we do? Or has anyone already received an answer from the CIC?

Their website processing time says that the current wait time is 16 months and they are working on the August 2013 cases, but I'm not sure how updated that is...

Any input is appreciated!

Hi, you can look the spreadsheet with a most accurate Timeline. (I'm new to the forum and can't post you the link but some people has it in their signature here)

My application was received on August 28 and today I received the full AIP so at least that information is accurate in the CIC website.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Ponga said:
I guess not, because people here that applied without status have received OWP. A recent example was Yata520 (I believe).

*Edited*
Just found out that Yata520 never submitted an OWP (spreadsheet is incorrect), but did receive PR without any noticeable delay because of being out of status.

No idea how this new pilot program would benefit (if at all) a person without status that has AOR.
Ponga, although the topic of people out of status and this "pilot program" was what triggered the discussion, it actually turned into a general implied status one. todare's lawyer apparently said (to my understanding) that implied status isn't really a legal status and that you have to renew your visitor visa as even with an OWP application you do not get implied status for the whole duration of the wait, both of which statements are actually wrong.

As to this pilot thing, we'll obviously have 3 categories applying for an OWP: people with an active visitor status (through extensions), people with an implied status (through them having sent an OWP application with their sponsorship) and people without any status at all. The first 2 categories will obviously share the same rules, we'll have to wait on what happens with the 3rd I guess.

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
beholder69 said:
Ponga, although the topic of people out of status and this "pilot program" was what triggered the discussion, it actually turned into a general implied status one. todare's lawyer apparently said (to my understanding) that implied status isn't really a legal status and that you have to renew your visitor visa as even with an OWP application you do not get implied status for the whole duration of the wait, both of which statements are actually wrong.

As to this pilot thing, we'll obviously have 3 categories applying for an OWP: people with an active visitor status (through extensions), people with an implied status (through them having sent an OWP application with their sponsorship) and people without any status at all. The first 2 categories will obviously share the same rules, we'll have to wait on what happens with the 3rd I guess.
I give up. You guys win. Beat me up. Don't bother me again. Read the link and see yourself. don't care.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
todare said:
I give up. You guys win. Beat me up. Don't bother me again. Read the link and see yourself. don't care.
The link you posted is actually confirmation of the above. Where did you find anything on that page implying otherwise?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
todare said:
The link that you posted is for a temporary resident, extending their stay.

Did it ever occur to you that the implied status that is generated from an OWP (or study permit) in tandem with an INLAND SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION, may be treated differently? The requirement to have legal status was waived for Inland applicants, so maybe...just maybe, things are viewed differently with CIC regarding those people.

Take a pill and calm the `F' down!

wictory

Jun 29, 2014
I think after the August applications are done the process will be faster as there are much less applications sent in the months of Sep, Oct, Nov Dec, Jan and Feb ???!!!