INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
Called CIC. They said they are talking about the pilot project but there is no set date that it is going to occur and that as it stands you have to wait for AIP which typically takes a year (I guess she meant 16+ months). She heavily implied that AIP might be the quicker route. So useless information. What is the point of a call centre if they have no information?

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thegorchess said:
Called CIC. They said they are talking about the pilot project but there is no set date that it is going to occur and that as it stands you have to wait for AIP which typically takes a year (I guess she meant 16+ months). She heavily implied that AIP might be the quicker route. So useless information. What is the point of a call centre if they have no information?
Yeah that makes no sense at all, The whole point is that we shouldn't have to wait for AIP as that is currently taking 16 Months.

We all need that Work Permit at the AOR stage.

Abyssin

Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now in CTD-Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Jun 3, 2014
Med's Request
Sent with our App.
Med's Done....
Jan 28, 2014
Jamesdavid3 said:
Yeah that makes no sense at all, The whole point is that we shouldn't have to wait for AIP as that is currently taking 16 Months.

We all need that Work Permit at the AOR stage.
I guess they are not informed. This announcement was a suprise for all of us even for them.

fy2013

Oct 14, 2014
Called in today to CIC to inquire about the new policy. the agent that answered me denied any knowledge of the new pilot program. I asked her to check with a supervisor, I think she put me on hold and filed her nails, she said that they haven't received any communication on the subject.
whoever is communicating with go public, is it possible to ask them to call the call-center and ask for updates.

impatienthope

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 09 2013, CIC says: 21-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 21-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 15-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-03-2015
Does anyone here have experience with filing the OWP after AIP as I did?
How long did you have to wait and is it of any use to call CIC to inquire about it?
I sent the paper application because I did not have the code that was requested to be
able to file online.

Thanks and congrats to all new AIP and DM's, we all need this news to lighten our spirits.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thegorchess said:
AIP is faster than the pilot project then what the point Minister's spokesperson announced about the pilot project yesterday to the public. Call centre is useless, as always. It was a shocking news to all of us, I think they will need a day or two to wake up too

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
Yeah, but they should have expected a hell of a lot of calls after making that statement to CBC. There should have been an all staff email explaining how to respond to such calls. CIC is poorly run. Top to bottom.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Aside from the CBC link and the change petition link, is there anything posted on the actual CIC website regarding this pilot project???

I need hard proof that this is indeed in effect

thanks,

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
thegorchess said:
Yeah, but they should have excepted a hell of a lot of calls after making that statement to CBC. There should have been an all staff email explaining how to respond to such calls. CIC is poorly run. Top to bottom.
where's the statement CIC actually made? all that's on the cbc site is a one liner about some forthcoming change. this doesn't suggest at ALL they actually called someone inside CIC. For all we know, they got this info from an already released statement about something else entirely OR a letter was sent suggesting change is coming to appease the situation. CBC seems to be somewhat irresponsible in their journalism, so UNTIL CIC actually makes a statement or releases a notice, who's to say they actually said anything at all? I think it's best to hope for the best, and wait for a real announcement than to speculate on a topic that has more questions than answers at this point.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
They sent this to him including his Medical Report Form.
Is this AIP?

The thing is he doesn't have his open work permit yet and they already asking to do his medical..? Confusing.. We have a friend that got his open work permit before his medical form..

And we have a huge problem right now, my husband cannot renew his Alberta Drivers License because he doesn't have a work permit. Even his healthcare is already expired..!!! Please help..! I will appreciate it..!!

tnx folks..! God Bless Us..!!

[/quote]
Congrts. This is aip. Try to bring this to the registry and apply for healthcare and renewal. I dont know if it works with the renewal of license but in health care, it said on website that we can get coverage on the first positive response of your application. I just hope they dont make a big fuss on the medical requirement phrase as that is a requirement for stage 2. But just try. Dont give up on the first registry. Go to at least 3 registries.
Have you filed your owp? If yes, then it might be in process. You can call. And yes medical is for stage 2.
I got the same letter but dodnt mention about medical as i did upfront so i guess that was still okand also mentioned about owp.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HARMIN said:
Hi Guys .. Hows everything Going On There?? hope U All Guys Doing Great There ..Its Long Time Already I Didn't Show Up Here But Today I Did Because I Got Some Update Here About My File ..My Actual Landing Date Was Last Week But I Didn't Attend Because I Already Filed For Separation.. Many People Told Me Please Get Landed First And Get PR And Then U Do What Ever U Wanna Do ..But My Heart And Faith Didn't Allow Me To Do That .. Well Wishing U All Guys Very Very Good Luck And From The Bottom Of My Heart I Like To Wish U All Guys In Advance Happy Marry X-Mas And Happy New Years Guys ... :-* :-* :-*

Actually I Wanna Wrote This Message In Capital Formats But I Control My Self Because I Know Ponga Gonna Get Mad On Me..
Ha Ha Ha :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
HARMIN! THIS PLACE HASN'T BEEN THE SAME WITHOUT YOU! LOL! AND...YES...I KNOW I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS, BECAUSE IT'S MY WAY TO HONOUR YOU! ;D

So sorry to hear about your separation. Take care!

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhcohen2014 said:
where's the statement CIC actually made? all that's on the cbc site is a one liner about some forthcoming change. this doesn't suggest at ALL they actually called someone inside CIC. For all we know, they got this info from an already released statement about something else entirely OR a letter was sent suggesting change is coming to appease the situation. CBC seems to be somewhat irresponsible in their journalism, so UNTIL CIC actually makes a statement or releases a notice, who's to say they actually said anything at all? I think it's best to hope for the best, and wait for a real announcement than to speculate on a topic that has more questions than answers at this point.
I guess this is a hard proof some guys are talking about?

“The Minister has instructed officials to launch a one-year pilot program that will allow inland spousal sponsorship applicants to receive a work permit more quickly. Citizenship and Immigration Canada will take the necessary steps to speed up processing for work permit applicants in the inland spousal class while maintaining program integrity. This pilot program will ensure that, during the processing period, applicants will be able to work, provide for their families and contribute to the Canadian economy.”

Kevin Menard
Media Relations
Communications Branch
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Telephone: 613-952-1650
CIC-Media-Relations @ cic.gc.ca

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
civic said:
I guess this is a hard proof some guys are talking about?

“The Minister has instructed officials to launch a one-year pilot program that will allow inland spousal sponsorship applicants to receive a work permit more quickly. Citizenship and Immigration Canada will take the necessary steps to speed up processing for work permit applicants in the inland spousal class while maintaining program integrity. This pilot program will ensure that, during the processing period, applicants will be able to work, provide for their families and contribute to the Canadian economy.”

Kevin Menard
Media Relations
Communications Branch
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Telephone: 613-952-1650
CIC-Media-Relations @ cic.gc.ca
great! where is this posted? where can it be found on the CIC site?

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhcohen2014 said:
great! where is this posted? where can it be found on the CIC site?
It is an email from CIC sent to CBC, requesting an update to be posted late afternoon yesterday. It was passed on to the Facebook group Admin team. In their email chain, there is a note from Kevin, saying the pilot will take effect in coming days. They have PDF file of these emails posted on Facebook page. I cannot attach it here.