+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
screech339 said:
It is rather strange to get further evaluation done after getting AIP. Usually this is done before issuing AIP. Not to say it never happened but it appears to fall under rare cases.

Screech339
it happened wz another member who got AIP and OWP and their file transferred to local office.

AHBM

Mar 10, 2012
Ponga said:
Is this the letter that you are saying is your AIP:

Dear xxxx:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

If so, then it is in fact AIP. Some people have received other letters that turned out NOT to actually be AIP.

If the letter that you (the sponsored person) received is anything other than what is posted above, you may NOT have received AIP, in which case the Etobicoke letter is likely an interview notification.
Hello,

I did also receive a similar letter last year November requesting my Police Cert. and Health etc. By Mar 16 I had provided them all. And since then I have not heard anything from them.

What does this mean though? My application status since then just says :

1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 4, 2013.

2. We started processing your application on November 15, 2013.

3. Medical results have been received.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
ATr said:
Yes I got the same letter along with Etobicoke further assessment letter
As I mentioned in previous post; send a request for privacy act to know the notices in ur file which could tell why ur file transferred to local office.

SmithyLinds

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
My file was also transferred to our local office after AIP was received

ATr

Oct 30, 2014
Smsm81 said:
it happened wz another member who got AIP and OWP and their file transferred to local office.
I wl send request for privacy notes. Any idea wt happened to another members case who had situation like me?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
impatienthope said:
I applied for OHIP today. You can go to your local OHIP or online to Service Ontario to see the list of documents required.
I went to my local Service Ontario and they could not issue the card, but gave me the address of the larger public office of
Service Ontario who have the authority to approve us in our unique AIP situation.
1) Be sure to go to the public office in your area that provides full services.
2) Bring originals, not copies of any documents. If you have just the email of AIP, they can approve it after talking with a supervisor.
3) All documents you bring must be dated within the last 30 days. (even a lease, but accompanied by a recent receipt might work)
4) They want documents with the applicant's name only. For example our hydro bill has both my husband and my name on it and was
approved by discretion and additional documents with my name alone and address.

I brought extra paperwork because I did not have original AIP letter and most things have both my husband and my name on it together.
I brought 1) passport 2) AIP email 3)temporary license paper (if I had the actual one in hand already this would have been sufficient)
for additional support I brought
4) This month's joint Hydro bill and 5) Joint Lease 6) Temporary Resident Visa.

I filled out their 1 page form, they took a picture and my signature and I was done within 45 minutes.

The health card only becomes effective 3 months after your AIP letter and is valid for 1 year from the date of the AIP letter (so really only 9 months).
Service Ontario can't help you. You'll need to see them at Service Canada. They are equipped to deal with AIP information there.

I needed to have a letter or bill or something addressed to me at my Ontario address along with a photo ID in order to apply for OHIP. My passport worked fine for this. I also brought them a secondary ID in the form of my bank credit card. I don't know how that serves as ID exactly since there is no picture on it, but they were happy because it had a signature on the back. If you have an Ontario driving license or ID that will also be sufficient. I didn't take my husband with me.

Print the copy of your AIP email, if that is all you have and they can/will approve that. I went to the big Service Canada in Windsor and they knew what they were looking at so it wasn't too difficult.

They will date your OHIP based on your AIP letter date. You will have to wait for 3 months before it becomes active. They will take your picture and what not for your ID card when you apply, but you won't get your card until about 2 months and 3 weeks after you apply! LOL They wait until the last moment to send that to you. When they say 3 months, they MEAN 3 months. :D

SmithyLinds

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
Smsm81 said:
Did you apply for ATIP request?
[/quote

No i don't know what that is

ATr

Oct 30, 2014
SmithyLinds said:
My file was also transferred to our local office after AIP was received
Wts the status of ur file? Did u hear anything on it or did u order ur notes?

Guanaquito

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waiting forever :(
LANDED..........
Waiting & waiting forever
I just found this nice comment in regard inland sponsorship.

What an insult to tax paying Canadians whose spouses have been waiting years in DISGUSTING delays in INLAND SPONSORSHIP application non-processing. So CIC can give rich foreigners their PR card in 6 months but the spouses of Canadians must wait years? CANADIANS SHOULD BE OUTRAGED!
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/express-entry-immigration-points-system-revealed-before-jan-1-launch-1.2852922

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some people on Facebook pages revealed that OWP will be granted to Inland spouses upon AOR. The policy change is on the way. It is still a speculation at this moment so PLEASE dont take my words.
The news is believed to come from high profile staff in Ottawa.

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Guanaquito said:
I just found this nice comment in regard inland sponsorship.

What an insult to tax paying Canadians whose spouses have been waiting years in DISGUSTING delays in INLAND SPONSORSHIP application non-processing. So CIC can give rich foreigners their PR card in 6 months but the spouses of Canadians must wait years? CANADIANS SHOULD BE OUTRAGED!
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/express-entry-immigration-points-system-revealed-before-jan-1-launch-1.2852922
They should change something that is obviously in need of improvement like family class before attempting to "improve Canadian economy via skilled workers" with less than transparent mean of selection.... ::)