+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
PRsoon said:
I sent my OWP application together with my PR application so it was processed automatically after I got my AIP.

If you didn't send your OWP permit together with the PR application you can apply after you get your AIP.

If so, you should do it online as it is way faster. This is the link for the forms: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

Hi,

Did u guys both recieved AIP? Thanks

PRsoon

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Sept 11 2013 said:
Hi,

Did u guys both recieved AIP? Thanks
Do you mean the sponsor and the applicant?

Yes, we both received our approval emails on the same day. November 13.

impatienthope

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 09 2013, CIC says: 21-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 21-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 15-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-03-2015
ATr said:
Can anyone plz guide me about hw to apply for OHIP in Ontario after AIP . Wt documents will be required.
I applied for OHIP today. You can go to your local OHIP or online to Service Ontario to see the list of documents required.
I went to my local Service Ontario and they could not issue the card, but gave me the address of the larger public office of
Service Ontario who have the authority to approve us in our unique AIP situation.
1) Be sure to go to the public office in your area that provides full services.
2) Bring originals, not copies of any documents. If you have just the email of AIP, they can approve it after talking with a supervisor.
3) All documents you bring must be dated within the last 30 days. (even a lease, but accompanied by a recent receipt might work)
4) They want documents with the applicant's name only. For example our hydro bill has both my husband and my name on it and was
approved by discretion and additional documents with my name alone and address.

I brought extra paperwork because I did not have original AIP letter and most things have both my husband and my name on it together.
I brought 1) passport 2) AIP email 3)temporary license paper (if I had the actual one in hand already this would have been sufficient)
for additional support I brought
4) This month's joint Hydro bill and 5) Joint Lease 6) Temporary Resident Visa.

I filled out their 1 page form, they took a picture and my signature and I was done within 45 minutes.

The health card only becomes effective 3 months after your AIP letter and is valid for 1 year from the date of the AIP letter (so really only 9 months).

ATr

Oct 30, 2014
civic said:
Hi, you should post the letter here so we can see if it is further processing for landing or for relationship interview. But with AIP already granted I believe it is a landing letter.
Hi civic and ponga I don't know how to attach my letters here. Tried but couldnt succeed. Me and my husband both received AIP and we hv applied for health card as well. But the next day we received letter saying that our case is transferred to Etobicoke office for further assessment and they may call for interview.

Anyone can tell if it's anything to worry about. Wt issue it could be?

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ATr said:
Hi civic and ponga I don't know how to attach my letters here. Tried but couldnt succeed. Me and my husband both received AIP and we hv applied for health card as well. But the next day we received letter saying that our case is transferred to Etobicoke office for further assessment and they may call for interview.

Is there any redflag in your case? I think it is a letter for relationship interview :( Oddly it comes after AIP

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
thegorchess said:
Hi guys,

Inlanders are really commenting on this article in The Star http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/11/30/chris_alexanders_rocky_journey_from_kabul_to_cabinet.html

I know I did.
I wonder how long it took to get the PR and work permit of his wife?!!!???

ATr

Oct 30, 2014
civic said:
Is there any redflag in your case? I think it is a letter for relationship interview :( Oddly it comes after AIP
No red flags as such. Am a student who married Canadian citizen. Nothing else. Does it happen we anyone on this forum? Letter says Etobicoke will decide on my APR. Should I need to do anything at IT?

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
ACS said:
Thanks Maxican and Lisan.

In our case, we still don't REALLY know if we have AIP or not....

I got Sponsorship Approval on Nov.6th. My husband (applicant) STILL hasn't received the actual AIP email yet.

Although our eCAS now shows his side as IN PROGRESS and "We started processing **huband's** application on November 17, 2014."

But we are both DYING for him to get his OWP!!! Literally we are going to soon not be able to make rent we are so behind in other payments, if he doesn't soon get something... :( The last time I spoke to CIC she said there is a communication for him which hasn't yet been sent, but she didn't say what it was...and that they have until Dec.4th to send it.....so ANXIOUSLY waiting for Dec.4th....

Just NEEEEED that OWP....omg.... :eek: ??? ??? :(
I totally understand what you are going though, I have the same urgeent need for my OWP and ther is still no news!
At least you know that something is on your way by dec 4th. I cross my fingers for you that it is the OWP for him :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ATr said:

Is this the letter that you are saying is your AIP:

Dear xxxx:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

If so, then it is in fact AIP. Some people have received other letters that turned out NOT to actually be AIP.

If the letter that you (the sponsored person) received is anything other than what is posted above, you may NOT have received AIP, in which case the Etobicoke letter is likely an interview notification.

ATr

Oct 30, 2014
Ponga said:
Is this the letter that you are saying is your AIP:

Dear xxxx:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

If so, then it is in fact AIP. Some people have received other letters that turned out NOT to actually be AIP.

If the letter that you (the sponsored person) received is anything other than what is posted above, you may NOT have received AIP, in which case the Etobicoke letter is likely an interview notification.
Yes I got the same letter along with Etobicoke further assessment letter

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ATr said:
Yes I got the same letter along with Etobicoke further assessment letter
It is rather strange to get further evaluation done after getting AIP. Usually this is done before issuing AIP. Not to say it never happened but it appears to fall under rare cases.

Screech339

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
jomarcabiles said:
mine was received april 2013. got aip march 2014.

do u guys have any idea whats the waiting time in Edmonton?
Congratulation for your DM!!!! :D We didn't expect that they released the DM before new year.

By the way, you are an April 2013 applicant, but why you received your AIP late?