May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Mela said:
So to recap our file has been in for over 20 months without response. It's been transferred twice (we moved out of province) and we're still in the first step. We finally just gave up waiting and got married last month. Of course we sent in our marriage certificate, but do you think it'd be worth sending in more evidence? Photos, invites, programs, etc? I believe the action date on our file is December 8th so I keep hoping we'll hear something soon but at 20 months we just don't have any expectations anymore.
I think at this point you will have an interview no matter if you send more proof. I would make a package that I can bring with us to the interview although I don't know if the officer will take a look at it.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Mela said:
So to recap our file has been in for over 20 months without response. It's been transferred twice (we moved out of province) and we're still in the first step. We finally just gave up waiting and got married last month. Of course we sent in our marriage certificate, but do you think it'd be worth sending in more evidence? Photos, invites, programs, etc? I believe the action date on our file is December 8th so I keep hoping we'll hear something soon but at 20 months we just don't have any expectations anymore.
Yeah I would agree with Sophiee I dont think it will matter that much that you got married. If CIC has questions about the relationship that won't change.

I would suggest getting your local MP involved to keep bugging the local office. Did the local office where your application is at give you a processing time?

anascorse

Oct 6, 2014
So my sponsor got their sponsorship approval email today.

At first they sent an e-mail saying they needed the Option C print out from my sponsor (which we did send). Anyway, called Revenue canada, received the Option C this week, and today, without even sending the Option C yet my sponsor got the approval.

I got an email today to requesting my Schedule A form, which again, I did send together with the whole application back in 2013.

Anyway, good news are coming in slowly. Hopefully they get their stuff together and this can be done soon.

I'm an August 14th applicant.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
anascorse said:

At first they sent an e-mail saying they needed the Option C print out from my sponsor (which we did send). Anyway, called Revenue canada, received the Option C this week, and today, without even sending the Option C yet my sponsor got the approval.

I got an email today to requesting my Schedule A form, which again, I did send together with the whole application back in 2013.

Anyway, good news are coming in slowly. Hopefully they get their stuff together and this can be done soon.

Congrats!:)

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Linden said:
Yeah I would agree with Sophiee I dont think it will matter that much that you got married. If CIC has questions about the relationship that won't change.

I would suggest getting your local MP involved to keep bugging the local office. Did the local office where your application is at give you a processing time?
i agree and if anything a marriage after applying as common-law would seem a bit suspicous to me. I would also say getting pregant during this process might also raise some flags. I would apply and keep everything the same until it is all over. Don't rock the boat and bring any undue notice.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
anascorse said:

Congrats Anascorse!! :) We are both 14th Applicants! :)

Did you then just get your Sponsorship Approval(email only to Sponsor)? Or did you also get your AIP email (email to applicant)?

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
todare said:
i agree and if anything a marriage after applying as common-law would seem a bit suspicous to me. I would also say getting pregant during this process might also raise some flags. I would apply and keep everything the same until it is all over. Don't rock the boat and bring any undue notice.
Lol it really shouldn't surprise immigration that after three years in a common law relationship we finally tied the knot. I mean they can't expect that people are just putting their lives on hold just because of their timeline.

Abyssin

Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now in CTD-Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Jun 3, 2014
Med's Request
Sent with our App.
Med's Done....
Jan 28, 2014
sophieee said:
I started to change the look of the spreadsheet. Let me know if you like it or if the previous was better.
(Yep, I'm bored)
Thanks a lot sophieee :)

I like it ;)

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Mela said:
Lol it really shouldn't surprise immigration that after three years in a common law relationship we finally tied the knot. I mean they can't expect that people are just putting their lives on hold just because of their timeline.
True that!

Guanaquito

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waiting forever :(
LANDED..........
Waiting & waiting forever
ACS said:

Did you then just get your Sponsorship Approval(email only to Sponsor)? Or did you also get your AIP email (email to applicant)?
Yeah congrats!
ACS what appended to your meeting with your MP? What he think about this delays & did he promise you something??

anascorse

Oct 6, 2014
ACS said:

Got the sponsorship approval. The email I got was asking my Schedule A form. I'm going to wait just a week, hoping they'll figure out that I already sent it.
Then I'm going to send the documents later, even if they find it.

What about you? Got your approval and everything good to go? :)

It's just frustrating because I know I already sent the documents requested, but Oh well, what can we do right?

SS.Kingston

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2014 (AIP)
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
17-10-2014 (Decision Made)
SKULE said:
Looking at the spreadsheet. There is NO DM since July? CIC is a group of super slackers collection :(
I'm sure there are a few people (including myself) who got DM since July.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
I really hope there are people who are not in this forum that are getting AIPs. I was expecting a lot of movements this week. -:(