App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
I was thinking the same thing yesterday about the date they posted that says working on August 20,2013. Blah blah.. or they are just pretending.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Princess029 said:
I was thinking the same thing yesterday about the date they posted that says working on August 20,2013. Blah blah.. or they are just pretending.
Yeah, previously it was at least an honest "we are not working" date, but in the past couple weeks it's always some made up nonsense.

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
so finally we got through to CIC:

A very nice guy sad that my husband has been approved as a sponsor and a letter is on the way with post Canada, it was posted last Friday.i don't know why they choose the snail mail, when we got AOR it was by email.
I spoke with a lady who just said that CIC has sent a letter to myself on Friday also, but she could not tell me what it was about. However she sounded happy for me. :) :)

I suppose that I'll have to be patient a few more days to give the snail mail the time to arrive and then we keep you all informed.

In any case we are going to have some champagne tonight and celebrate the good news. The first step after 15 months without any news seems to be ok, now let's see how long it will be for the second step.
I think of all of you waiting buddies and I thank you for your encouragements. :) :) :)

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Congrats frenchwapiti! .so now your turn is half done. It's our turn hopefully..

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
frenchwapiti said:

A very nice guy sad that my husband has been approved as a sponsor and a letter is on the way with post Canada, it was posted last Friday.i don't know why they choose the snail mail, when we got AOR it was by email.
I spoke with a lady who just said that CIC has sent a letter to myself on Friday also, but she could not tell me what it was about. However she sounded happy for me. :) :)

I suppose that I'll have to be patient a few more days to give the snail mail the time to arrive and then we keep you all informed.

In any case we are going to have some champagne tonight and celebrate the good news. The first step after 15 months without any news seems to be ok, now let's see how long it will be for the second step.
I think of all of you waiting buddies and I thank you for your encouragements. :) :) :)
YAAAYYYY!!! Congrats frenchwapiti!!! :)

And nice to see you seem to be getting both steps together instead of this silly new thing where they are doing SA and AIP separate! ::)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
frenchwapiti said:

Congrats, congrats!:)

Sept 11 2013
impatienthope
Lorelei
AchankengCrawford
cathrina26
You are the next!:)

impatienthope

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 09 2013, CIC says: 21-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 21-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 15-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-03-2015
sophieee said:

Sept 11 2013
impatienthope
Lorelei
AchankengCrawford
cathrina26
I hope we (all) are next!

I am still wondering if there was any response to the protest last week? Did anyone actually speak
to Chris Alexander or anyone in his office?

Also, I had to laugh that CIC is hiring. Someone here should apply. I have thought about being a border agent to instill
some more compassion for a few people, but I think the working environment may be soul crushing.

Also, I sincerely think that this entire slow-down is politically motivated. I don't see why CIC would change the process (the
splitting of AIP and sponsor approval) and only affect the inland applicants.

All we can do it seems is wait and hope we are not targeted for additional verifications or forgotten.

And DITTO- congrats to all who have some progress recently and - nice to see Frenchwapati to be getting both steps together instead of this silly new thing where they are doing SA and AIP separate!

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
frenchwapiti said:

The last of the Aug 16ths! Finally! I hope you get your OWP soon!

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
impatienthope said:
I hope we (all) are next!

I am still wondering if there was any response to the protest last week? Did anyone actually speak
to Chris Alexander or anyone in his office?

Also, I had to laugh that CIC is hiring. Someone here should apply. I have thought about being a border agent to instill
some more compassion for a few people, but I think the working environment may be soul crushing.

Also, I sincerely think that this entire slow-down is politically motivated. I don't see why CIC would change the process (the
splitting of AIP and sponsor approval) and only affect the inland applicants.

All we can do it seems is wait and hope we are not targeted for additional verifications or forgotten.

And DITTO- congrats to all who have some progress recently and - nice to see Frenchwapati to be getting both steps together instead of this silly new thing where they are doing SA and AIP separate!
So exciting to see that it is finally our turn. My application day twins, it's our time! I thought there was someone on the spreadsheet from Aug 20th, but I'm not seeing them any more. I agree that this is 100% politically motivated. It is obvious from the ministry's response letter (where they say it is always better to apply outland, etc) that they do not want people using this process. Unfortunately that is not made clear on the website (infact the website indicates the opposite) and for those of us whose outland centre takes over two years to process, it is just simply not true.

I feel so nervous that our application will be delayed or rejected or something, even though I cannot think of any red flags (maybe that we've only had a shared joint account since July 2012 (applied Aug 2013) or that we applied when he was two months in to a six month tourist visa), but we have leases with both our names on it, etc. from Jan 2012 and we have travelled together, included pictures of our traditional ceremony, letters of support from family/employeers, phone records and facebook messages. I even included messages I wrote to my brother and friends saying that I had met someone, etc! Our application should be solid, but I worry so much that something will be a problem for them.

I cannot wait for him to get his OWP and start working. It will be so great for him to have something to do everyday and be able to contribute to the household income. Plus, the extra income will relieve so much financial stress. Let's go CIC!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
AchankengCrawford said:
I thought there was someone on the spreadsheet from Aug 20th, but I'm not seeing them any more.
It was filipina311, turned out she sent her app on Aug 20th, but it was received on Aug 23th.

As for the other parts of your post: I'm sure you will be fine, you have a solid application!:)

cathrina26

Dec 11, 2012
sophieee said:

Sept 11 2013
impatienthope
Lorelei
AchankengCrawford
cathrina26
Thank you! It feels so close yet so far! (*Sounds Frustrating*) ::) Please AIP come sooner, not only for us but for everyone's waiting for their application.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
sophieee said:
It was filipina311, turned out she sent her app on Aug 20th, but it was received on Aug 23th.

As for the other parts of your post: I'm sure you will be fine, you have a solid application!:)
That makes sense. Thanks for the reassurance. It just gets so stressful, you know? My husband always tells me not to worry, that everything will come in time, but I don't know how to be calm like he. He's got so much more faith in everything working out that I do. I just become a ball of stress. I'm less worried about DM though - as soon as we get the OWP I will feel much better.