+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
ATr said:
Thank you for your reply. I was wondering if I don't apply for OWP , will I still need to apply for visa extension? And what kind of extension will it be as am not studying at the moment.
Our lawyer told us it looks better to CIC if you maintain legal status over implied status so that is what we have done. You do it online and it is quick so easy to do.

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
If you look at the 2012 inland thread there are still people getting DM there which is discouraging. I wonder if that is CIC-V or CIC-M...crazy. At least there is some DMs happening.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sophieee said:
Is there some data just with the inland apps? I was looking for it but never found.
There is only one data that list all the PRs that was approved for 2012 for every scenario from refugee, to parents sponsorship to economic Pr visas.

Both inland and outland are grouped together under same heading, PR spousal sponsorship.

Screech339

ATr

Oct 30, 2014
todare said:
Our lawyer told us it looks better to CIC if you maintain legal status over implied status so that is what we have done. You do it online and it is quick so easy to do.
So u are suggesting to apply for extension visitor visa after my student visa ends? Even if I have OWP by that time. Right?

susana

Nov 4, 2008
ATr said:
Thank you for your reply. I was wondering if I don't apply for OWP , will I still need to apply for visa extension? And what kind of extension will it be as am not studying at the moment.
[/quote\

If you don't want to apply for an open work permit after the sponsor's approval, apply to change the conditions of your stay as a visitor. Make sure you submit your application at least 2 weeks before your study permit expires. Because you are not longer a student , the open work permit is a better option for you as you will be able to work , even though if you don't plan to work, is not a bad idea to have it. The difference is $55.00 dollars and the benefits are higher than staying as a visitor only.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
ATr said:
So u are suggesting to apply for extension visitor visa after my student visa ends? Even if I have OWP by that time. Right?
No need for an extension as a visitor if you have an open work permit.

ukca8614

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-07-2013 (upfront medical & police check)
Doc's Request.
17-07-2014 fingerprint request
AOR Received.
08-08-2013. SA/AIP 17-07-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
LANDED..........
15/6/2015
sophieb said:
My husband was born in England. We applied on May 23, 2013 and a decision has not been made. We are already over the processing timeline. It looks like most people on the spreadsheet who applied at the same time and even a few months after us have been approved already.
Sophieb I've noticed the same thing! I'm from England but there people on the spreadsheet from the same time as me who got DM MONTHSSS ago!!

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
ukca8614 said:
Sophieb I've noticed the same thing! I'm from England but there people on the spreadsheet from the same time as me who got DM MONTHSSS ago!!
Unlucky is all. No real DMs since transfer really. They got theirs all done before transfer. We are in same boat.

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
ukca8614 said:
Me too, some people who applied few weeks after me got their DM already, that's not normal CIC...

post-kt

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
hello...im answering IMM5257 ..for TRV there is a questionnaire #7 asking my status here in Canada choices are
Citizen
permanent Resident
visitor
worker
student
other
protected person
refugee claimant
my question is should I choose OTHER and write down implied status
can someone please help me out ,..thanks

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there no lock-in date for sponsorship within Canada? It seems like there are holes in immigrations policies that are allowing for cases like ours to drag on way past the normal guidelines.

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Mela said:
Is there no lock-in date for sponsorship within Canada? It seems like there are holes in immigrations policies that are allowing for cases like ours to drag on way past the normal guidelines.
Apparently not. However for you piece of mind you can call CIC and they will give you a date that action has to be taken on your file. Not that it always happens but it supposed to. It says right in your file action to be taken by..such and such day

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Mela said:
Yes there is...some cases are procesed faster than others due to the background checks, proof of relationship and other factors that make the application straightforward.if an applicant was previously married, kids in other countries, lived in different countries, had a job in the government , military, membersip participations, a detention etc, etc the application will take longer . They don't pick an choose..every application is diferent.

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
There is no AIP/DM yesterday and today yet. ?? Sigh

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Princess029 said:
There is no AIP/DM yesterday and today yet. ?? Sigh
None. So awfully quiet. I hope its really aug20 apps that they are working on. Even their updates on dates are not so clear anymore. We are near yet soooo far.
I hope you get yours today Frenchwapiti.