+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
hshi said:
awesome, MiriminBC, I assume you live in BC like we do... can you walk me through this process? is that at downtown office?

thanks
Hornby St is the office for landing. They seem to schedule about 6 landings per hour. You go in with your documents and proof of payment. They usher you into another room and when they call your name you go to whatever counter (1, 2, or 3) they call you too. They ask if you are still married, if you've ever been asked to leave Canada or if you've ever been convicted of a crime. If you have children born in Canada or abroad. You initial some forms and sign 2 forms. Them they give you your COPR and tell you to hold onto it for life because you may need it when you apply for a pension. They stamp your passport and tell you how many weeks until you get your PR card and tell you, "Congratualtions! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!". It took maybe 15 minutes at the counter.

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
SS.Kingston said:
Big congratulations!

I'm still waiting for the interview notice from Ottawa. It is taking them forever. How long did it take for you to get your notice after DM?
It was maybe 2 weeks? It happened pretty fast!!!

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
How is your company going to know that you can no longer work since coming back? As far as they know your work permit ended a long time ago....so going back to work wouldn't really be much of an issue would it? so why stop working
I am not trying to start another debate since we've been through this many times.
I'm just curious about what happens to the SIN once your work permit has expired. Is it still valid? Do you still file income taxes?

hshi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Thanks MiriMinBC. I guess it's the bldg between Hornby and Davie... quite familiar with that area , lots of good food to go after interview...
Again, a big Congratulations to you!

MiriMinBC said:
Hornby St is the office for landing. They seem to schedule about 6 landings per hour. You go in with your documents and proof of payment. They usher you into another room and when they call your name you go to whatever counter (1, 2, or 3) they call you too. They ask if you are still married, if you've ever been asked to leave Canada or if you've ever been convicted of a crime. If you have children born in Canada or abroad. You initial some forms and sign 2 forms. Them they give you your COPR and tell you to hold onto it for life because you may need it when you apply for a pension. They stamp your passport and tell you how many weeks until you get your PR card and tell you, "Congratualtions! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!". It took maybe 15 minutes at the counter.

SS.Kingston

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2014 (AIP)
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
17-10-2014 (Decision Made)
JohnnyP said:
I am not trying to start another debate since we've been through this many times.
I'm just curious what happens to the SIN once your work permit has expired. Is it still valid? Do you still file income taxes?
SIN card will also carry the implied status.

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/employers/expiry.shtml

hshi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
well said!

Linden said:
I traveled with my partner to Europe prior to her receiving AIP and she had no issues re-entering. The only thing the officers was concerned about was that she didn't overstay her original status. She was on a visitor's visa at the time.

Since you're on implied status you become a visitor when you come back so you cannot continue to work b/c you've changed your status now. Make sure you bring proof that you've sent in a PR app prior to your old visa expiring to show the officer you didn't overstay your visa. Your gf can go in the non-resident line with you if there are any questions. That's what I did.

I doubt the officer will not let you in the country. Just be honest and explain the situation - you had your flight already booked for Xmas and you didn't expect the processing time to be so long. The officer will just want to confirm you didn't overstay your original visa.

WeCanadoIt

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-04-2015
Linden said:
I traveled with my partner to Europe prior to her receiving AIP and she had no issues re-entering. The only thing the officers was concerned about was that she didn't overstay her original status. She was on a visitor's visa at the time.

Since you're on implied status you become a visitor when you come back so you cannot continue to work b/c you've changed your status now. Make sure you bring proof that you've sent in a PR app prior to your old visa expiring to show the officer you didn't overstay your visa. Your gf can go in the non-resident line with you if there are any questions. That's what I did.

I doubt the officer will not let you in the country. Just be honest and explain the situation - you had your flight already booked for Xmas and you didn't expect the processing time to be so long. The officer will just want to confirm you didn't overstay your original visa.
Thanks for this response Linden. As you can probably imagine, I am starting to freak out about it.
So no working when I get back, bring lots of proof, gf in same line, visa exempt, ....

I will keep ye posted. fingers crossed.

Hoping for another update this week.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
ACS said:
He has no plans to go anywhere at the moment.

Well our first vacation we have talked about will be Jamaica :D But that will be until DM. :)
Hey ACS, did your husband get the email yet?

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
JohnnyP said:
Congratulations, ACS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so happy for you, but I am more happy for your husband. He can now go out, work and travel!!!
You must be so relieved! I could actually feel your stress reading some of your posts, here and in the fb group. So happy for you! Weight lifted off your shoulders for sure!

sophieb

Nov 6, 2014
WeCanadoIt said:
While we are on the topic, I could also do with some help.

I am a Sep 16 2013 applicant and have been working away on implied status, since my work permit ran out last Nov.

I will be going home to Ireland for Christmas (flights booked ages ago and have to see my family).

I was just wondering what the process for me is when I come back and what should I have prepared.
I am guessing/hoping I will be given a visitor visa(no more working) at the airport.
Does anyone have any similar experiences?

Thanks in advance.
I really hope i get my OWP before then, but this scenario is starting to look likely.
416 days waiting so far.
My spouse and I were in a similar situation a few months ago. We applied for his PR through the inland sponsorship program in May 2013. He currently has his open work permit and we are waiting for the final stage of approval to be completed. Anyways, we planned a trip to visit his family in the UK in February when he received his open work permit. However, at the last minute I decided to call Citizenship and Immigration and the Border Services Agency to make sure it is ok for him to leave Canada. Both agencies advised us against him traveling outside of Canada because there is no guarantee that you will be let back into the country under you current status. According to the immigration and border service officers, it is up to the digression of the individual border service officer to let you back in or not. I find this confusing because I thought he would be able to travel with an open work permit. Also, there should be a set policy between both agencies. The border service told me that he would only get back in under his current immigration status if he left the country due to the death of a family member outside of Canada and we would need to provide a death certificate. As a result, we ended up cancelling our trip at the last minute because we did not want to risk him losing his immigration status. Ultimately, both agencies advise against traveling outside of Canada before you get you PR card.

naomie.df

May 29, 2014
WeCanadoIt said:
While we are on the topic, I could also do with some help.

I am a Sep 16 2013 applicant and have been working away on implied status, since my work permit ran out last Nov.

I will be going home to Ireland for Christmas (flights booked ages ago and have to see my family).

I was just wondering what the process for me is when I come back and what should I have prepared.
I am guessing/hoping I will be given a visitor visa(no more working) at the airport.
Does anyone have any similar experiences?

Thanks in advance.
I really hope i get my OWP before then, but this scenario is starting to look likely.
416 days waiting so far.
I'm a December 2013 applicant, and I'm sponsoring my husband, who's here on a study permit (it says on it that it doesn't authorize re-entry). We're going to the Netherlands to see his family for Christmas, and we're leaving for a month. I'm bringing his study permit, our marriage certificate, our PR receipt, the CSQ and the AOR just in case. Hopefully it will go smoothly. I hope it goes well for you too!

anascorse

Oct 6, 2014
August 14th applicant.

Received letter from CIC, not with the AIP but just missing my sponsor's Option C for 2013.

I guess it's half good news maybe since it's not a NO?

Already called Revenue Canada and the document must arrive in 5 days, then I'm sending to Mississauga ASAP.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
anascorse said:
August 14th applicant.

Received letter from CIC, not with the AIP but just missing my sponsor's Option C for 2013.

I guess it's half good news maybe since it's not a NO?

Already called Revenue Canada and the document must arrive in 5 days, then I'm sending to Mississauga ASAP.
Do you have a kid or something? You didn't send an option-C last year when you sent your application.

anascorse

Oct 6, 2014
Carlaganda23 said:
Do you have a kid or something? You didn't send an option-C last year when you sent your application.
We don't have kids. That's the thing, I'm pretty sure I sent Option C, checked the checklist more than 10 times. But oh well, at least it's an easy document to get.

This first moment it's when they go over all the documents to check everything and see if something is missing right? Like, do they ask more than once for missing documents or it's usually all at once?

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
anascorse said:
We don't have kids. That's the thing, I'm pretty sure I sent Option C, checked the checklist more than 10 times. But oh well, at least it's an easy document to get.

This first moment it's when they go over all the documents to check everything and see if something is missing right? Like, do they ask more than once for missing documents or it's usually all at once?
It's pretty weird they asked you that if you sent it with your application. You should send the tax-return too for 2013 just to make it sure. Or maybe they misplaced it in the CIC office, they are well-Known of that kind of stuff.