Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
RRSweet said:
Despite the ridiculousness of today's stunt by CIC .. we are July 29th applicants and received AIP and OWP approval today. No DM though.
Congrats! Finally some good news here, happy for you!

Scarlett_R

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
21-12-2013
Med's Done....
Mailed together with aplication
RRSweet said:
Despite the ridiculousness of today's stunt by CIC .. we are July 29th applicants and received AIP and OWP approval today. No DM though.
Congratulations!!

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Princess029 said:
How are we able to do something for them to hear us if we live in a different city. What else can we do?
Actually I was talking to my partner who had just played some tennis with someone who works with Immigration Canada. My partner was telling him some of the issue/delays going on with the sponsorship applications. She asked him jokingly if he could help in any way. Obviously he said there was nothing he could do but did say to contact our local MP as they can put a little pressure on the process. He stated that's pretty much the only thing we could do.

fugaziosbourne

Aug 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
Linden said:
Actually I was talking to my partner who had just played some tennis with someone who works with Immigration Canada. My partner was telling him some of the issue/delays going on with the sponsorship applications. She asked him jokingly if he could help in any way. Obviously he said there was nothing he could do but did say to contact our local MP as they can put a little pressure on the process. He stated that's pretty much the only thing we could do.
That is great advice. It may not change anything, but it's better than being complacent and just accepting the CIC is staffed lazy and incompetent people and that we can't do anything about it. We're paying for this service! We deserve better.

Start tweeting(#julyforever), sending emails to your MP, Chris Alexander, Harper, the CIC and anyone else you can think of.

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Ok wow update!

So I called again because I've been flabbergasted all day by 2 different stories from 2 different agents about 2 weeks apart. This agent explained that my additional documents received in March were not opened until July 27th. So no they haven't been reviewed but they've been opened at least.

So, keep in mind they are a wee bit behind in mail.

flange12

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-03-2015
RRSweet said:
Yay Congrats super happy for you! Hopefully you will get DM very soon :)

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
RRSweet said:

Congrats, hopefully we see updates from the last July applicants .

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
WOW. FINALLY!! Congrats, RRSweet!!! Come on. Show us more excitement!!! :D ;D

RRSweet said:

nurse2012

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
Jan 19, 2015
RRSweet said:
Nice! Congratulations! I was right about last update. It was a lie. So this time is the real update. I was thinking today that you should be expecting AIP soon. Congrats again.
May I ask you when did you receive the AIP email?

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
JohnnyP said:
WOW. FINALLY!! Congrats, RRSweet!!! Come on. Show us more excitement!!! :D ;D

LOL :D ;) :) haha.. we are certainly happy, but the wait was so long it's hard to feel as excited as we thought we would ...more relieved than anything...thankful nonetheless .

Thanks all of you for the congrats! I guess they are working... slowly, but surely

nadouy2014

Jan 2, 2014
Helo to everyone,

CONGRATULATIONS.

Finally some good news from CIC.

I just want to say to everyone just be more patient and positif. Definetly its hard just saying it but really i experienced this waiting game its so bad and frustrating. Its the same what happened to us last year , 2013 Applicants and by the time we started loosing patience they started mooving agin.

Am supporting all of you. Just remember there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

I wish you all the best.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
Congrats RRSWeet! Finally some good news! I am happy for you, but I need some support because I'm having a really hard time staying positive.

It is so disheartening for the timeline to go backwards. I just feel like crying. Like many of you we are really feeling the strain of being a single income household. I am worried that my partner is becoming depressed. We do not have the finances that he can go out everyday; most days he just stays at home playing on the playstation. Earlier, he was out looking for volunteer opportunities and exploring the new city and country, but with no money and place after place saying he couldn't volunteer without a SIN and such frustration with the system, he has stopped going out as much and is in this rut. ANd now we are also worried about anything happening to him because his travel insurance has run out so he does not have nay health care.

Also, people are telling me that all I have to do is find someone who knows someone who works at CIC, or keep calling until I get a manager or something and they thing I can make my application go faster. People are also telling my partner that if I call CIC that will make the application go faster. I don't think that is true. I have talk to the media, talked to my MP, and nothing. If there was a way to get your application to go faster, we would know it by now. I think his friends think that I am not being supportive because I am not convince someone to give us our AIP or DM. Also, there is a lot of pressure from his home country to send money back - I'm sure some of you are in similar situations. People who haven't ever left his country don't understand that we don't have money to send back. This was not what we envisioned when we decided to come to Canada. Wait times have literally doubled since we decided to submit our application. I am so fed up with this terrible system.

Having applied Aug 21st, I feel like we'll still be waiting at least 3 months (one month per week of applications) before we get AIP and his OWP. What are you all doing to remain hopeful and to keep your relationships equal and positive? I just don't know how anymore. I am sorry for the negativity that I am bringing, but I feel liek you are the only other people who understand what we are going through.

islandgirl25

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Maxician said:
Did someone mention a collective a lawsuit?? Do we have a case here?? And what about other immigration categories?? Are they going through the same bullsht process, or are they unfairly getting preferential expedited processes?? Are landed folks gonna join us too?? Let's demand what we deserve, what's fair!! :mad:
we are in the same boat...i am also a march 2013 applicant....the way they are treating us is disgusting...

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
RRSweet said:
Congrats bout time :) here's hoping for a speedy DM so you can be done with this P.R madness

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
Daizey said:
I totally am with Ponga here...all this negativity isn't going to help anyone. This tends to happen anytime we have a long period of time with no progress. And I agree, we should be thankful for what we have, and not focus on what we can't control. I know it's frustrating, and I'm to my breaking point as well, but all things come in time. The outrage we all feel is warranted, but at the same time it's doing more to hurt us than help us. Focus on your loved one, because that's why we're all going through this hell to begin with.
I see what you are saying. We should focus on our love, etc. However, change doesn't come from apathy. We are treated this way solely because they know we are scared they will treat us even worse than they currently are. Governments change policies based on public perception. If you can change public perception through petitions, newspaper articles, protests, etc. the government will change their policies.

In any other ministry lying on a website would cause havoc. Not here. We won't speak up and the public doesn't know and, therefore, can't care.