thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
3september2013 said:
Hi folks! I've been reading this forum for a while now but since the great 'update' today I decided to register here. My application is filed on September 3rd 2013 and got my AOR on September 23rd. Wow, going backwards now, no words for that! I already sent a tweet on Twitter to CIC and the minister. Not sure how much people are on Twitter here but let's make a trending topic and get the attention !
I tweeted. This is so crazy. I don't know what to do anymore. I have talked to papers. I have contacted my MP. I politely emailed Chris Alexander two times (no response). I am in talks with Lysane Blanchette-Lamothe office. There really is nothing to do but sit and wait. I am Canadian, born and raised and have NEVER received such poor service from the government in my life (especially for a paid service). I guess they really do hate immigrants/foreigners and anyone associated with them. Ugly stuff, man.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thegorchess said:
I tweeted. This is so crazy. I don't know what to do anymore. I have talked to papers. I have contacted my MP. I politely emailed Chris Alexander two times (no response). I am in talks with Lysane Blanchette-Lamothe office. There really is nothing to do but sit and wait. I am Canadian, born and raised and have NEVER received such poor service from the government in my life (especially for a paid service). I guess they really do hate immigrants/foreigners and anyone associated with them. Ugly stuff, man.
Court! Federal court! Supreme Court! Writ of Mandamus! How can a group of thousands people be neglected like trapped animals? Is there anyone that can point finger to this government and tell them to do the right thing, the humane thing?

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
I just saw Chris Alexander's twitter feed and I can see all the replies that people send him, your messages are somewhere there but he has SO many people tweeting to him and it's mostly about the middle east, especially about Israel... someone there is also denouncing some Canadian citizen doing terrorist attacks on Pakistan, I think we are just like a tiny quiet spider in a room full of bees for him.

Twitter is unfortunately not the correct medium to do this...

Audjgal

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
AOR Received.
11-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
I hope whoever had a July 30th day managed to get through last week and bug someone about their application status at least.
So much for the CIC-won't-let-it-get-to-12 months theory guys. Silently kicking me and my hubby's ass for letting our application sit on the back burner through 2012 and early 2013.
I'm bracing myself for stage 1 closer to end of the year (maybe) as opposed to Sept when we mailed our application in.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blackdisc said:
This is crazy. Unbelievable.

We should send flowers to CIC with the message " GET WELL SOON".

BlackDisc
Or "rest in peace"

Audjgal

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
AOR Received.
11-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/07/us-canada-immigration-investors-idUSKBN0G72IY20140807

Really. The cancellation of the program has done nothing to speed up other streams. Does anyone have a contact for Nancy Caron, the spokesperson for the CIC? I haven't jumped on the twitter bandwagon but maybe someone can see if she has an account or something?

My_new_username

Oct 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
Wow 12 months and back to July 29. I think we should go out on the streets and protest. It's not that we have anything better to do.

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
I just want to cry.

I called CIC again today. My AOR is May 2013. We had to resubmit some documents in Mar 2014. They wanted more photos, our marriage cert (AGAIN), and a better explanation of how me and my husband met. Fine fine. Still no AIP.

The agent today told me it could be a few weeks or months. I said, "could it take a whole 12 months from the time we submitted the requested additional documents?". She said, "I cannot say for sure.".

To be honest, I'm bitter. My husband wants to get his green card in the US and I am thinking about withdrawing our app here and doing that instead. This is ridiculous.

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Audjgal said:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/07/us-canada-immigration-investors-idUSKBN0G72IY20140807

Really. The cancellation of the program has done nothing to speed up other streams. Does anyone have a contact for Nancy Caron, the spokesperson for the CIC? I haven't jumped on the twitter bandwagon but maybe someone can see if she has an account or something?
I believe part of what fueled the end of that program was that the cost if living here in Vancouver is now out of control. We are the most expensive city in a North America. Yes, ahead of NYC, LA, San Francisco. Housing costs are not sustainable and a lot of it has to do with speculators and wealthy investors.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MiriMinBC said:
I just want to cry.

I called CIC again today. My AOR is May 2013. We had to resubmit some documents in Mar 2014. They wanted more photos, our marriage cert (AGAIN), and a better explanation of how me and my husband met. Fine fine. Still no AIP.

The agent today told me it could be a few weeks or months. I said, "could it take a whole 12 months from the time we submitted the requested additional documents?". She said, "I cannot say for sure.".

To be honest, I'm bitter. My husband wants to get his green card in the US and I am thinking about withdrawing our app here and doing that instead. This is ridiculous.
I wish you best of luck. Sorry to hear. :(

Audjgal

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
AOR Received.
11-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
MiriMinBC said:
I just want to cry.

Hey Mirimin,
Sorry about the situation you are in! I haven't even reached a year yet and I thought all the ones from before June already rec AIP. Can you simultaneously get your hubby to apply for his Green card without cancelling your Inland and/or do you have to physically be in the States? Might be worthwhile for you it seems. I can't fathom doing this waiting for very much long than a year. I'm going to have a serious chat with my hubby this weekend about our other options.

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Audjgal said:
Hey Mirimin,
Sorry about the situation you are in! I haven't even reached a year yet and I thought all the ones from before June already rec AIP. Can you simultaneously get your hubby to apply for his Green card without cancelling your Inland and/or do you have to physically be in the States? Might be worthwhile for you it seems. I can't fathom doing this waiting for very much long than a year. I'm going to have a serious chat with my hubby this weekend about our other options.
That's what I think we are going to do. Apply for a consular processing and see what happens faster.

It's just depressing.

Audjgal

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
AOR Received.
11-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
Just wanted to find out, if anyone knows please let me know.
If I cancelled my Inland spousal, do we get a refund back on anything? How long does it take to get the refund? Will I get all my paperwork including photos back?
We fully paid upfront all the fees.
Audrey

kismetfatum

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Audjgal said:
I hope whoever had a July 30th day managed to get through last week and bug someone about their application status at least.
So much for the CIC-won't-let-it-get-to-12 months theory guys. Silently kicking me and my hubby's ass for letting our application sit on the back burner through 2012 and early 2013.
I'm bracing myself for stage 1 closer to end of the year (maybe) as opposed to Sept when we mailed our application in.
Hi, I'm a July 31 applicant and did call last week. The nice gentleman said they had a few July 2013 cases that were being completed but couldn't confirm if mine was amongst those. He said they will call you Ina few days or email you. My husband called today and they told him they had no updates and no information on our case. Its the first time my Canadian husband calls and he was not impressed with the CIC agent, he said the agent was super unhelpful. Back to waiting. I'll be calling everyday from now on, maybe I'll get lucky and get someone that will actually know something!