May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Audjgal said:
Just wanted to find out, if anyone knows please let me know.
If I cancelled my Inland spousal, do we get a refund back on anything? How long does it take to get the refund? Will I get all my paperwork including photos back?
We fully paid upfront all the fees.
Audrey
I withdrew my application on May 21st. Still haven't received a refund, they told me it takes 16 weeks. I also never heard anything, whether they approved the withdrawal or not. In the letter my husband sent to withdraw it he very politely asked that our files be sent back to us, since we needed them to re-apply for outland. We haven't heard anything about that either.

That's just my experience, hope it helps a bit.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=613&t=4

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
civic said:
I wish you best of luck. Sorry to hear. :(
Here's the thing. Last time I called? They said all my docs had been reviewed. This time they say they haven't.

WHAT IS THE BENEFIT IN LYING?? Why are CIC call centre agents DISHONEST???

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
Did someone mention a collective a lawsuit?? Do we have a case here?? And what about other immigration categories?? Are they going through the same bullsht process, or are they unfairly getting preferential expedited processes?? Are landed folks gonna join us too?? Let's demand what we deserve, what's fair!! :mad:

ckwilson93

Jul 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm in Edmonton, Alberta... I'd like to help out, is there anyone or any place I can write to to make things known here? I wouldn't know where to start.

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Hi all,

This might be good news or not if you have been waiting a landing letter from CIC. I have received our landing letter on or about June 28, 2014 and landed yesterday at Calgary office. (We landed with my friend who sent thier application in May 2013.) I was a sponsor and the application was received on or about July 24, 2013. I totally understand how hard time you are going through; however, I am pretty sure CIC is working as I have seen many people waiting at Calgary office to become permanent residents. Your turn will be coming soon! Please be positive.

Warmest regards,

Scarlett_R

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
21-12-2013
Med's Done....
Mailed together with aplication
Maxician said:
Did someone mention a collective a lawsuit?? Do we have a case here?? And what about other immigration categories?? Are they going through the same bullsht process, or are they unfairly getting preferential expedited processes?? Are landed folks gonna join us too?? Let's demand what we deserve, what's fair!! :mad:
I am definitely in if anyone can find out how to do a collective lawsuit.

This is the most frustrating thing ever and we don't deserve to be treated this way by the Canadian government. This abuse has to stop! please people let's do this if it's possible, we are lots of people in the same situation. Let's do something about it, CIC and the government need to hear us!!!

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
How are we able to do something for them to hear us if we live in a different city. What else can we do?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maxician said:
Whoa! COLLECTIVE LAWSUIT?!?!

The thing that you have to realize is that an applicant for PR, doesn't have the same rights as their Canadian (citizen or even PR) sponsor would have...so, until the applicant has received their PR status, they are nothing more than a Foreign National, in the eyes of CIC.

Now...if the sponsor's wish to entertain some sort of class action lawsuit...that would be a little less absurd of an idea.

I get it...I really do, because I'm also still waiting like so many here, but even considering something as ridiculous as a class action lawsuit is only fueling the negativity!! Some things are COMPLETELY out of our control...and this is certainly one of those things.

Put your energy into something positive, like how thankful you are to be in Canada with the one you love!

You can't push a river that's already flowing. ;)

Scarlett_R

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
21-12-2013
Med's Done....
Mailed together with aplication
Princess029 said:
How are we able to do something for them to hear us if we live in a different city. What else can we do?
Perhaps we could all protest the same day at the same time in different cities across Canada. Make sure we make it to national news. I am in Edmonton and I would definitely try something like that. I have nothing else to do anyway!

Let's try and organize as many people as we can, go on the streets with signs and MAKE THEM HEAR US!!

This is literally driving me insane and I can't stand the fact that CIC takes no responsibility for their LAZINESS.

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Ponga said:

The thing that you have to realize is that an applicant for PR, doesn't have the same rights as their Canadian (citizen or even PR) sponsor would have...so, until the applicant has received their PR status, they are nothing more than a Foreign National, in the eyes of CIC.

Now...if the sponsor's wish to entertain some sort of class action lawsuit...that would be a little less absurd of an idea.

I get it...I really do, because I'm also still waiting like so many here, but even considering something as ridiculous as a class action lawsuit is only fueling the negativity!! Some things are COMPLETELY out of our control...and this is certainly one of those things.

Put your energy into something positive, like how thankful you are to be in Canada with the one you love!

It's hard to be thankful when you are told outright lies by government employees. I should he thankful for being lied to?

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
Despite the ridiculousness of today's stunt by CIC .. we are July 29th applicants and received AIP and OWP approval today. No DM though.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MiriMinBC said:
It's hard to be thankful when you are told outright lies by government employees. I should he thankful for being lied to?
I never said that it was fair, or that you shouldn't be upset. I simply suggested that people realize that there really is NOTHING that they can do that's going to have ANY impact on expediting their applications. Nothing!

Suggesting that people gather and protest is certainly an admirable idea, but when only 14 people show up to `send a message'...and it doesn't even make the local news...what's the point?

Negativity breeds more negativity.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Ponga said:

I totally am with Ponga here...all this negativity isn't going to help anyone. This tends to happen anytime we have a long period of time with no progress. And I agree, we should be thankful for what we have, and not focus on what we can't control. I know it's frustrating, and I'm to my breaking point as well, but all things come in time. The outrage we all feel is warranted, but at the same time it's doing more to hurt us than help us. Focus on your loved one, because that's why we're all going through this hell to begin with. Am I upset with how slow it's been going? Definitely. Would I still do it all over again to be here with my husband? I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

I came across a quote the other day, and it really helps me find some peace. "Life isn't about waiting out the storm, it's about learning to dance in the rain." Find joy where you can, try not to let this negativity and frustration rule your life. Take the bad and try to find the other things in your life that are good to balance it out.

We will all get there someday. It may feel like it will never happen at this rate, but it WILL! :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RRSweet said:
Despite the ridiculousness of today's stunt by CIC .. we are July 29th applicants and received AIP and OWP approval today. No DM though.
Congratulations!

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
RRSweet said:
Congrats!! This is excellent news! ;D