Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
21-12-2013
Med's Done....
Mailed together with aplication
thegorchess said:
I see what you are saying. We should focus on our love, etc. However, change doesn't come from apathy. We are treated this way solely because they know we are scared they will treat us even worse than they currently are. Governments change policies based on public perception. If you can change public perception through petitions, newspaper articles, protests, etc. the government will change their policies.

In any other ministry lying on a website would cause havoc. Not here. We won't speak up and the public doesn't know and, therefore, can't care.
That's what I'm saying, if we don't do anything to get media attention and try to do something nobody will care... I think is up to us to make them hear us and our petitions, this is unacceptable and we are paying lots of money for a bad service and have no right to complain either?

I think is time we actually do something, I made my suggestions already...

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Scarlett_R said:
That's what I'm saying, if we don't do anything to get media attention and try to do something nobody will care... I think is up to us to make them hear us and our petitions, this is unacceptable and we are paying lots of money for a bad service and have no right to complain either?

I think is time we actually do something, I made my suggestions already...
i think it's important to remember it really needs to be the canadian sponsors, family and friends that sign the petitions and make the calls. it is THEIR rights that the government is going to care about, and will be able to do something about. Applicants have no rights in canada, and the government won't care to hear sad stories of people wanting to immigrate to canada.

I believe there is a law about petitions needing a certain number of signatures in order to be recognized by the government, or is that just in the us? in any case, it won't matter if the petition is not signed by legal residents/citizens of canada. Non citizens/pr do not have the same rights, as ponga has suggested earlier. the only petition i've seen looked to be signed by applicants, not sponsors and other canadians.

As an outland applicant, I would be happy to get my canadian friends and family to sign such a petition if a legitimate one with other canadian signatures is distributed. It is sickening to read what the inland process is currently like... i will add you all to my prayers!

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Since we're talking about spousal sponsorship here, I can't imagine the Canadian spouse of any applicant not being eager to sign any petitions etc, especially since it's them carrying all the burden of household expenses etc right now

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
beholder69 said:
Since we're talking about spousal sponsorship here, I can't imagine the Canadian spouse of any applicant not being eager to sign any petitions etc, especially since it's them carrying all the burden of household expenses etc right now
exactly. the sponsor's are also being treated badly here, and i'm sure the effects are being felt by all canadian family members. who wouldn't sign a petition for their family, friend or even co-worker?! if you want to make some real noise, it really can't be about the applicant. the story needs to be about the canadian trying to get their spouse approved in canada. seeing canadians being treated this way will have a greater public impact than telling stories about applicants not being able to live life in canada.

marylou

Aug 22, 2010
North York, Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Submitted to Vegreville - Now Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
02-01-2014
RRSweet said:
Despite the ridiculousness of today's stunt by CIC .. we are July 29th applicants and received AIP and OWP approval today. No DM though.
Really am happy to hear this news......I do pray that you get the DM and landing letter very soon. ;)

Jul 24, 2014
hey guys i just have a question

i got my dm letter&email on july 21st my local office is etobicoke and i called cic every week and they told me i will need to wait
about 2month for the landing interview letter.

so yea until right now its about 3 weeks already i havent heard anything from them. is this normal or they should have sent it to me already?

and in which way they will notice me? email or the actual letter? cuz ive seen someone who got their landing letter recently and they got it through email.

pls help me!! thanks.

wish you guys all have a good weekend

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
bellomeanshalo said:

i got my dm letter&email on july 21st my local office is etobicoke and i called cic every week and they told me i will need to wait

so yea until right now its about 3 weeks already i havent heard anything from them. is this normal or they should have sent it to me already?

and in which way they will notice me? email or the actual letter? cuz ive seen someone who got their landing letter recently and they got it through email.

pls help me!! thanks.

alrdy say 2 months so just wait then , just 5 more weeks to go maybe u will get landing snail letter be4 that

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
bellomeanshalo said:

pls help me!! thanks.

Hi, I totally understand how you feel. I was in the same boat. I had been waiting for 8 weeks to receive the landing letter. The letter was sent via email first and mail. You will be hearing soon I think. Good luck!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
AchankengCrawford said:
Congrats RRSWeet! Finally some good news! I am happy for you, but I need some support because I'm having a really hard time staying positive.

It is so disheartening for the timeline to go backwards. I just feel like crying. Like many of you we are really feeling the strain of being a single income household. I am worried that my partner is becoming depressed. We do not have the finances that he can go out everyday; most days he just stays at home playing on the playstation. Earlier, he was out looking for volunteer opportunities and exploring the new city and country, but with no money and place after place saying he couldn't volunteer without a SIN and such frustration with the system, he has stopped going out as much and is in this rut. ANd now we are also worried about anything happening to him because his travel insurance has run out so he does not have nay health care.

Also, people are telling me that all I have to do is find someone who knows someone who works at CIC, or keep calling until I get a manager or something and they thing I can make my application go faster. People are also telling my partner that if I call CIC that will make the application go faster. I don't think that is true. I have talk to the media, talked to my MP, and nothing. If there was a way to get your application to go faster, we would know it by now. I think his friends think that I am not being supportive because I am not convince someone to give us our AIP or DM. Also, there is a lot of pressure from his home country to send money back - I'm sure some of you are in similar situations. People who haven't ever left his country don't understand that we don't have money to send back. This was not what we envisioned when we decided to come to Canada. Wait times have literally doubled since we decided to submit our application. I am so fed up with this terrible system.

Having applied Aug 21st, I feel like we'll still be waiting at least 3 months (one month per week of applications) before we get AIP and his OWP. What are you all doing to remain hopeful and to keep your relationships equal and positive? I just don't know how anymore. I am sorry for the negativity that I am bringing, but I feel liek you are the only other people who understand what we are going through.
I feel what you are talking about, I'm the applicant, and although I'm only waiting for 6 months for CIC, but basically I'm here for two years now without a job, and in a worse and worse financial situation. Your partner should find a way to go out, do something meaningful, there are opportunities that doesn't cost a lot of money. I think he should try again with volunteering, find a better website in the first place. I applied for two position, got both of them with no problem, so there must have been something wrong with the places he tried. Maybe those weren't really volunteer jobs, it's not enough if it's not paying, it can't be an intern or trainee position.
Exercise is an other good think, the best against depression, you just need to find a way that's not so costly. If he likes team sports, he could join a meetup group.
Don't listen to everyone, we can't impact CIC's process in any way, but I think, helping him with the above could be useful.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
sophieee said:
I feel what you are talking about, I'm the applicant, and although I'm only waiting for 6 months for CIC, but basically I'm here for two years now without a job, and in a worse and worse financial situation. Your partner should find a way to go out, do something meaningful, there are opportunities that doesn't cost a lot of money. I think he should try again with volunteering, find a better website in the first place. I applied for two position, got both of them with no problem, so there must have been something wrong with the places he tried. Maybe those weren't really volunteer jobs, it's not enough if it's not paying, it can't be an intern or trainee position.
Exercise is an other good think, the best against depression, you just need to find a way that's not so costly. If he likes team sports, he could join a meetup group.
Don't listen to everyone, we can't impact CIC's process in any way, but I think, helping him with the above could be useful.
I'm with you Sophieee, if I didn't find things to do like exercise, babysit my nieces, looking into redecorating our house, find new recipes to try, etc...I would be a looney case right now! I also haven't been able to work for two years now, and the financial strain alone is enough to stress anyone out. The healthiest way we can go about this is to find positive things to do with our lives in the meantime, and not get worked up over things. Getting worked up over this process actually had a physically harmful impact on my health a few months ago, and I've since learned to go with the flow, and not to get swept up in the negativity. Keep your hopes up, and your mind on other things...if you make yourself preoccupied, time flies by! :)

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
AchankengCrawford said:
Congrats RRSWeet! Finally some good news! I am happy for you, but I need some support because I'm having a really hard time staying positive.

It is so disheartening for the timeline to go backwards. I just feel like crying. Like many of you we are really feeling the strain of being a single income household. I am worried that my partner is becoming depressed. We do not have the finances that he can go out everyday; most days he just stays at home playing on the playstation. Earlier, he was out looking for volunteer opportunities and exploring the new city and country, but with no money and place after place saying he couldn't volunteer without a SIN and such frustration with the system, he has stopped going out as much and is in this rut. ANd now we are also worried about anything happening to him because his travel insurance has run out so he does not have nay health care.

Also, people are telling me that all I have to do is find someone who knows someone who works at CIC, or keep calling until I get a manager or something and they thing I can make my application go faster. People are also telling my partner that if I call CIC that will make the application go faster. I don't think that is true. I have talk to the media, talked to my MP, and nothing. If there was a way to get your application to go faster, we would know it by now. I think his friends think that I am not being supportive because I am not convince someone to give us our AIP or DM. Also, there is a lot of pressure from his home country to send money back - I'm sure some of you are in similar situations. People who haven't ever left his country don't understand that we don't have money to send back. This was not what we envisioned when we decided to come to Canada. Wait times have literally doubled since we decided to submit our application. I am so fed up with this terrible system.

Having applied Aug 21st, I feel like we'll still be waiting at least 3 months (one month per week of applications) before we get AIP and his OWP. What are you all doing to remain hopeful and to keep your relationships equal and positive? I just don't know how anymore. I am sorry for the negativity that I am bringing, but I feel liek you are the only other people who understand what we are going through.
Thank you! I feel your pain... don't feel sorry for expressing yourself... it's not about being negative when there isn't much positive right now coming from CIC. Only advice I can give is hang in there. .

kismetfatum

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
RRSweet said:
Thank you! I feel your pain... don't feel sorry for expressing yourself... it's not about being negative when there isn't much positive right now coming from CIC. Only advice I can give is hang in there. .
Hi RRsweet, just wondering if they asked you to redo your medicals? Like you I sent mine with the application but at this point they are expired as I did them in July 2013. I'm hoping they won't ask for them again! Since I applied July 31st I'm hoping to hear this week! I'm pretty much at the end of my rope here as well, and I still have to do criminal records.. They wouldn't take them with the application !

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
bellomeanshalo said:

pls help me!! thanks.

It has been 1 month I am waiting on landing letter and nothing as yet.

I called the call center and was told 12 weeks it would take so your is not to bad.

You would think that when the landing letter was sent everything would be ok but the waiting is still there

We are all in the same boat .............. :-\

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
Ponga said:
Whoa! COLLECTIVE LAWSUIT?!?!

The thing that you have to realize is that an applicant for PR, doesn't have the same rights as their Canadian (citizen or even PR) sponsor would have...so, until the applicant has received their PR status, they are nothing more than a Foreign National, in the eyes of CIC.

Now...if the sponsor's wish to entertain some sort of class action lawsuit...that would be a little less absurd of an idea.

I get it...I really do, because I'm also still waiting like so many here, but even considering something as ridiculous as a class action lawsuit is only fueling the negativity!! Some things are COMPLETELY out of our control...and this is certainly one of those things.

Put your energy into something positive, like how thankful you are to be in Canada with the one you love!

You can't push a river that's already flowing. ;)
I understand, but in this case the river isn't flowing. And when that happens the water starts to rotten.

Did you know that this Canadian immigration process is the slowest in the western world?

Canada is a country of laws and regulations, and if we consider using those to defend ourselves something negative, I think we should consider living somewhere else. Of course it's risky. We're all being judged here and we don't want to be flagged as an 'inconvenient' applicant. But, if we stay together we become mighty strong!

Cheers!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Maxician said:
I understand, but in this case the river isn't flowing. And when that happens the water starts to rotten.

Did you know that this Canadian immigration process is the slowest in the western world?

Canada is a country of laws and regulations, and if we consider using those to defend ourselves something negative, I think we should consider living somewhere else. Of course it's risky. We're all being judged here and we don't want to be flagged as an 'inconvenient' applicant. But, if we stay together we become mighty strong!

Cheers!
***see the bolded statement of your original post*****

Did you also know that Canadian immigration is the EASIEST and least expensive process in the western world? Sure, others are faster but the rules are much more stringent, the fees are higher, sponsors MUST MUST MUST have an income minimum of 125% of poverty level for entire household, they must not live anywhere else in the world, and you are responsible for your new partner until this person manages to obtain 40 work credits (10 years minimum). Of course, that presupposes that the spouse intends to go to work at all. Of course, the US process seems to be so much quicker, but has anyone actually noticed that before you can submit your paperwork you have to obtain 'permission' from another office which can take up to 1 year?

The grass always seems greener on the other side of the fence, but it might not be so green if you were in the middle of the pasture.

Patience is hard to come by in this process, but if you obsess about whether or not the website was updated correctly or even at all, time is going to slow to a crawl and each day becomes more painful than the one before that. Try to remember to keep on living life. Go out and do things with your spouse/family whomever you wish, but do SOMETHING other than refresh the update page and check email.